Butter Toffee Popcorn is a rich and buttery treat that is so easy to make. If you love gourmet popcorn but not the price, try this Butter Toffee Popcorn Recipe at home.
Butter Toffee Popcorn
The sweet toffee coating and the salty popcorn combine for a really delicious recipe. It comes together so easy that you will wonder why you didn’t make this sooner.
Give it a try for movie night or to package as gifts. It will be a hit with everyone.
Why you will love this popcorn:
- Gourmet Popcorn without the price tag. Enjoy everything you love about delicious toffee popcorn at home.
- The recipe calls for pantry ingredients. You probably already have most everything you need for this recipe.
- It is fast and easy. The recipe is very simple with these easy to follow instructions.
- brown sugar
- dark corn syrup
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- Microwave popcorn, popped
- Roasted, salted Peanuts
How to make butter toffee popcorn:
- Step 1. Preheat the oven and pop the popcorn. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit (95 degrees C). Place popped popcorn in a very large bowl. Stir in the peanuts.
- Step 2. Melt the butter and combine the sugar. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Then stir in the brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Step 3. Boil the mixture. Then boil without stirring for approximately 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and then stir in the baking soda and vanilla extract.
- Step 4. Coat the popcorn. Pour this mixture over the popcorn and stir it to coat all the popcorn with the sauce.
- Step 5. Spread the popcorn on a baking sheet. Then place the popcorn in two large shallow baking dishes or pans. Finally, bake in the preheated oven, for approximately 1 hour (stirring every 20 minutes).
- Step 6. Allow to cool and then break into pieces. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.
- Step 7. Serve this tasty popcorn. Then the popcorn is ready to serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container or bag at room temperature for up to 1-2 weeks.
This popcorn makes great gifts. To make this popcorn perfect for gifting, place inside a cellophane bag and tie with ribbon.
You can coordinate this for all seasons and occasions. It would also make a great party favor.
- Chocolate Heath Version. Once the popcorn has finished drying, drizzle with melted chocolate. Then add chopped Heath bars all over the popcorn. Allow to dry again and then break into pieces.
- Nuts. Almonds make a great substitution in this popcorn. Sprinkle into the mixture and allow to set.
- Popcorn. You can use microwave popcorn, air popped or store bought popcorn. The plain variety is best.
Toffee Popcorn vs Caramel Popcorn
If you are wondering what the difference between caramel popcorn and toffee popcorn is, it is just a few ingredients. While similar, caramel corn is not the same thing as toffee popcorn.
Many people use these two types of popcorn interchangeably, but they are not the same thing. Toffee popcorn has a lighter buttery taste. Caramel popcorn is more of a distinct taste between the sweet coating and salty popcorn.
Is Kettle Corn the same thing as Toffee Popcorn?
It is not. These two products are totally different. Kettle Corn is made by popping the popcorn in a sugar mixture. It is lighter than Toffee Popcorn.
Toffee Popcorn is made by combining a sugar mixture that is coated on the popcorn after it is cooked.
Why is my Butter Toffee Popcorn sticky?
Sticky popcorn is often the result of not drying it long enough. Make sure to spread it out on the baking sheet and allow enough time to dry.
It needs to be completely dry and not sticky before breaking into pieces and storing. Otherwise, the final product will be sticky and not crunchy.
Tips for Success:
- Allow the popcorn to dry. The popcorn needs to completely dry before storing. The texture will not be crunchy if stored too early.
- Line the baking sheet. The popcorn mixture will be sticky before it sets. Save yourself a lot of clean up by lining the pans with parchment paper or silicone liners.
This recipe is so easy and not at all difficult. Anyone can make it and the recipe turns out amazing.
The sweet toffee mixture combined with the salty popcorn is a really delicious snack. We love to make this all year round for any occasion or just because. It is simple enough to make for movie night and everyone gets excited when it’s served.
Print the recipe for Butter Toffee Popcorn:
Butter Toffee Popcorn
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit (95 degrees C). Place popped popcorn in a very large bowl. Stir in the peanuts.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Then stir in the brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Then boil without stirring for approximately 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and then stir in the baking soda and vanilla extract.
- Pour this mixture over the popcorn and stir it to coat all the popcorn with the sauce.
- Then place the popcorn in two large shallow baking dishes/ or pans and bake in the preheated oven, for approximately 1 hour (stirring every 20 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.
- Then the popcorn is ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe