Sugar Cookie Popcorn is a delicious blend of popcorn and sugar cookie flavor. This sweet and salty treat is ready with a few simple steps and perfect for movie night.
Sugar Cookie Popcorn
Sugar Cookie popcorn is a delicious holiday sugar cookie flavored coated popcorn decorated with holiday sprinkles and always a hit. The rich flavor of sugar cookies is so delicious with popcorn.
Everything you love most about sugar cookies is packed into this sweet and salty treat. The kids love when we top it with sprinkles and it is fun and easy to change for various occasions.
This simple and scrumptious snack is a hit with both children and grown-ups. Sometimes we even bake these old fashioned sugar cookies and add them to the popcorn mixture.
- Popped Popcorn
- Butter (melted)
- White Melting Chocolate
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract
How to make sugar cookie popcorn:
- Step 1. Prepare the baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Step 2. Make the popcorn. Pop the popcorn and spread it out on the baking sheet.
- Step 3. Combine the butter and extract. In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Step 4. Drizzle this mixture over the popcorn. Make sure to thoroughly coat all of the popcorn.
- Step 5. Melt the chocolate. Place the melting white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is melted.
- Step 6. Drizzle on the popcorn. Then drizzle the melted white chocolate over the popcorn as well.
- Step 7. Add the sprinkles. Top the popcorn with the sprinkles.
- Step 8. Allow to set. Let the popcorn harden at room temperature.
- Step 9. Break the popcorn into pieces. Now, it is ready to serve and enjoy!
How to store the popcorn?
Store the leftovers in an airtight container up to 5 days. It will began to soften the longer it sits.
Can this be made for other holidays?
Yes, this definitely can be adapted to use for other holidays and occasions. Simply swap out the sprinkles for other colors and themes.
You can also use candy melts in various colors to drizzle on top. Try pastels for Spring or Easter, red and white for Christmas and matching colors for party themes.
How long does it take to prepare?
This recipe takes less than 15 minutes to prepare. Then the added time to harden before breaking. The preparation time and necessary waiting time combined are still less than 45 minutes.
- Popcorn. Change up the flavor and use Cracker Jack popcorn in this recipe. Cracker jack holiday sugar cookie popcorn is sweet and delicious.
- Sprinkles. Feel free to use any type of sprinkles you prefer or need to coordinate for the occasion.
- Chocolate. The white chocolate definitely gives the recipe the sugar cookie flavor. However, chocolate fans can drizzle milk chocolate on top for the desired chocolate taste.
- Candy Melts. You can purchase these in an assortment of colors that are perfect for any occasion.
- Add ins. Sprinkle sugar cookie crumbs and pieces into the popcorn mixture. You can use store bought or bake your own sugar cookies to use. Other fun mix-ins include pretzels, animal crackers, candy bars and more.
Try making this popcorn for an easy movie night snack or the perfect treat for parties and events. It comes together in minutes and always turns out great. This recipe also is perfect to hand out to friends and neighbors.
Print this Sugar Cookie Popcorn Recipe:
Sugar Cookie Popcorn
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Pop the popcorn and spread it out on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, vanilla extract and almond extract. Drizzle this mixture over the popcorn.
- Place the melting white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is melted.
- Then drizzle the melted white chocolate over the popcorn as well.
- Top the popcorn with the sprinkles.
- Let the popcorn harden at room temperature.
- Break the popcorn into pieces and then it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe