White Chocolate Popcorn is a sweet and salty snack with only 3 ingredients. Anyone can make this in just minutes for a sweet treat.
White Chocolate Popcorn recipe is a simple recipe but tastes delicious. It is refreshingly easy but the perfect movie night treat.
This recipe also makes a great gift for friends.
Table of Contents
Why this recipe is amazing:
- 3 ingredients. With only 3 easy ingredients, this recipe is so easy.
- Budget Friendly. It is easy to make this recipe for a crowd and not spend much.
- Sweet and Salty. The sweet chocolate and salty popcorn make this recipe delicious.
- Popped Popcorn
- White chocolate chips
- Vegetable Oil
Substitutions and Additions
- Almond Bark. Feel free to substitute the white chocolate chips for almond bark or candy melts.
- Pretzels. Add pretzels to the popcorn for added crunch.
- Nuts. Peanuts, Cashews or Almonds make a great addition to the mixture.
- Candy. M&M’s and Reese’s Pieces taste great with the popcorn.
- Mini Marshmallows. Toss in a handful of mini marshmallows.
- Sprinkles. Top the mixture with sprinkles before the chocolate sets.
- Crushed Cookies. Crush your favorite cookies and add to the popcorn. Some ideas include Oreo cookies, chocolate chip cookies, fudge stripes and more.
How to make White Chocolate Popcorn:
Step 1. Spread out the popped popcorn on a baking sheet. Make sure to remove any un-popped kernels from the pan.
Step 2. Get out a microwave-safe bowl. Pour the white chocolate chips and vegetable oil in the bowl.
Step 3. Gradually melt the chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Stir in between intervals.
Step 4. Drizzle the melted white chocolate on the popcorn. Do this quickly so it does not harden. Let the popcorn cool at room temperature. Break apart and enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Prepare the baking sheet. Line the pan with parchment paper to make clean up easy.
- Remove popcorn kernels. After you pop the microwave popcorn, make sure to remove any unpopped kernels.
- Work quickly before the chocolate sets. The chocolate does not take long to start to harden. Work quickly to coat the popcorn.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the leftover popcorn in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
You can melt white chocolate in the microwave using 30 second intervals. Another option is to use a double boiler on the stove top.
If the mixture is not smooth enough, add a little bit of coconut oil and combine.
I prefer plain popcorn. However, you can use butter flavored if you prefer.
Yes, definitely! This popcorn is a great base recipe to adapt for holidays and special occasions. Try using various colors of candy melts for holidays.
Red and Green would be perfect for Christmas. Pastels for Spring or Easter. Red and Pink for Valentines Day. The ideas are endless for mix-ins that you can add to the popcorn mixture.
Try More Easy Popcorn Recipes
Now it’s your turn to try this easy popcorn recipe. Please leave a comment and star recipe rating once you do.
White Chocolate Popcorn
- 10 cups Popped Popcorn or use 2 (2 oz. bag of microwave popcorn)
- 1 bag White chocolate chips 12 oz. bag
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Pop the popcorn and spread out the popped popcorn on a baking sheet. Remove any unpeopled kernels from the pan.
- Place the white chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a small microwave safe bowl. Melt by heating in the microwave at 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted and creamy.
- Quickly drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn covering as much as the popcorn as possible.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature. Then break apart the popcorn and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe