Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake has everything you love about your favorite cookie in a delicious cake loaded with chocolate chips. This is perfect for birthdays, pot lucks and more if you need an easy dessert everyone will enjoy.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
This is one of those recipes that combines the best of both worlds. If you love chocolate chip cookies and cake, this recipe is a must try.
The brown sugar blends with the chocolate to make such an amazing cake that is sure to be a hit. Cut them into bars and they are perfect for parties, snacks and more.
They are like chocolate chip cookies but with a cake consistency. You will love these!
Desserts like this make baking so fun and really delicious. The kids can help make this and everyone will have a blast baking together.
It really is the perfect recipe if your kids are interested in baking and letting them help with. So fun!
How do you keep a cookie cake moist?
Keep the cookie cakes stored in a ziplock bag or airtight container at room temperature once you cut them into bars. This should help the cookie bars to stay moist and not become hard.
Another trick is to place a slice of bread in the same container as the cookies to help keep them moist. Have you ever tried this trick before?
Ingredients you need for chocolate chip cookie cake:
- brown sugar
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- chocolate chips (I prefer milk chocolate)
This all comes together for a rich and decadent dessert that your family and friends will go crazy over. It is so good and very simple to make.
How do you make a chocolate chip cookie cake:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Grease 13×9 pan.
In a large bowl, mix softened butter and brown sugar together by hand until creamy.
Next, add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each egg.
Stir in vanilla extract.
In a small mixing bowl, stir flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
Slowly add flour mixture to the brown sugar mixture. It will get thick but that is ok!
Finally, add chocolate chips and pecans (if using). The nuts are optional so that is totally up to you.
It is amazing either way but I personally love the nuts in this recipe. It really makes them extra special.
Dump the mixture into prepared pan. Spread evenly around the pan with the back of your mixing spoon.
It is a really thick mixture but this is normal and the way it is supposed to be.
How do I know if my cookie cake is done?
Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is a beautiful golden brown. Be careful not to overcook. You don’t want it to get too brown.
Let cool completely. Cut. Serve. Enjoy!!
Everyone will go crazy over these cookie bars. You can cut the chocolate chip cookie squares whatever size you like.
We have served this at a party and cut small squares perfect for little kids. However, we have also cut them into larger squares for other occasions. Just do what works best for you!
It is that simple to make chocolate chip cookie cake. You might even want to double the recipe because it is so amazing!
Hosting a party or taking this recipe to a cook out or pot luck? I would definitely consider doubling the recipe because it is that spectacular.
I actually make 2 of these if I take it somewhere so that we can keep one at home as well. 🙂 It really is that good.
More ideas to try with this easy chocolate chip cookie cake:
- Add nuts to the chocolate chip mixture before baking. Pecans or walnuts taste amazing.
- Try using frosting and this cake is even better. We love this homemade buttercream icing for something extra special.
- Top with cool whip or even vanilla ice cream. This is amazing hot out of the oven. Yum!
- Try using other types of morsels like white chocolate, peanut butter or a mix of several! Get creative.
- Decorate the cake with icing and sprinkles for special occasions or a birthday cake. We love this and it is one of our favorite treats.
The ideas are endless for this delicious cake recipe. Give it a try and let us know how it turned out.
You will just love it! Each bite is moist and delicious.
This chocolate chip cookie cake uses a 9×13 baking pan.
I often use the disposable pans for the chocolate chip cake if I’m taking it to a cook out or party. I like not having to worry about the pan.
We have also used a springform pan for a change. This recipe is very forgiving and easy to adapt.
You can substitute different morsels or use a combination of different kinds. I didn’t have enough chocolate chips once and combined a couple of different types.
The cake was still amazing and a total hit! Make this cake today and see how fabulous it really is!
Give this easy chocolate chip cookie cake a try!
From birthday parties to family celebrations or just because, this chocolate chip cookie cake is sure to be the star of the show. Each bite is oozing with gooey chocolate chips and the best cake mixture.
Serve it plain or add a few extras if you like. However, you decide to enjoy this cake, it is fabulous.
You simply can’t go wrong with this cake recipe and I can’t wait for you to try it. It is like a giant chocolate chip cookie in cake form cut into bars. Yum!
It is not expensive or hard to make. I love that we can enjoy a delicious dessert with such little effort. This is really just so yummy.
Print this chocolate chip cookie cake recipe below:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake has everything you love about your favorite cookie in a delicious cake. Each bite is loaded with chocolate chips and so amazing.
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 11.5 oz package chocolate chips I prefer milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Grease 13x9 pan.
- In a large bowl, mix softened butter and brown sugar together by hand until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the brown sugar mixture. It will get thick!
- Finally, add chocolate chips and pecans (if using).
- Dump into prepared pan. Spread evenly around the pan with the back of your mixing spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is a beautiful golden brown. Be careful not to overcook.
- Let cool slightly. Cut. Serve. Enjoy!!
Try Peanut Butter Balls for another delicious treat that is so easy to make and loaded with peanut butter and chocolate.
Try some of these other chocolate chip desserts:
- Cookie Dough Dip Recipe
- Crock Pot Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt Recipe