Golden graham smores bar recipe is the perfect no bake dessert recipe to enjoy delicious s’mores any day of the week. Enjoy all the flavors of s’mores in easy to eat bars.
You don’t have to be around the campfire to enjoy Golden Graham S’mores Bars. This easy recipe for Golden Graham Bars is perfect for after school for the kids or any time the craving hits.
Table of contents
Why we love this recipe
This delicious and easy recipe for Golden Graham S’mores Bars only calls for a handful of ingredients. Anyone can quickly make this. You will love being able to enjoy all the flavors of S’mores in easy to eat bars.
- Golden grahams cereal
- Hershey bars (or milk chocolate chips)
- mini marshmallows
The entire recipe and ingredient list is at the bottom of this page.
- Chocolate chips can be substituted for milk chocolate. Try using milk chocolate and dark chocolate morsels.
- Try different flavors of morsels. If you want to change the flavor, try using peanut butter or white chocolate morsels.
- You can use regular size marshmallows. Just cut them into bite size pieces.
- Substitute golden grahams cereal with rice krispy treats to make cereal bars. They are super yummy as cereal treats.
- Microwave. You can also use a large bowl to melt the butter and marshmallows mixture.
How to make golden graham s’mores bars
- Step 1. Set aside some of the marshmallows. First, make sure to reserve 1 cup of marshmallows and one of the Hershey bars. You will need this later.
Step 2. Next, get out a large saucepan or large pot to melt the marshmallows and butter. Melt the butter using low to medium heat and make sure to stir constantly.
Step 3. Then remove from the heat and stir in the golden grahams.
Step 4. Next, chop the chocolate coarsely into pieces. Mix the chocolate in and combine.
Step 5. Mix in half of the saved marshmallows.
Step 6. Then spray the baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Next, spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Finally, use the reserved Hershey bars and break it into pieces. Top with the remaining extra marshmallows. Press the mixture gently so the topping sticks.
Step 7. Allow to set and then cut into bars.
Golden Graham Smores bars are best eaten fresh within 1 to 2 days. However, they last up to 4 days at room temperature.
They need to be stored inside an airtight container. I like to separate the bars with parchment paper.
You don’t have to use golden graham cereal. However, golden grahams provides the most classic flavor of traditional s’mores. You could also break up graham crackers into small pieces and use those instead.
Other ideas to try include: Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Chex Cereal and Cheerios. Just keep in mind that using these will change the flavor.
- Reserve the topping. It is important to reserve a portion of the chocolate and marshmallows to add later. Adding some at the end makes the bars prettier so they don’t melt into the hot mixture.
- Wipe the knife clean when cutting. Wipe your knife clean after you cut the Golden Graham treats. This will help to make each slice look nice.
More Easy s’mores desserts
- Easy S’mores Cake Recipe
- S’mores Ice Cream Recipe
- S’mores Bars Recipe
- Easy to Grill S’mores Recipe
- S’mores Cupcakes Recipe
Now, it’s your turn to try this yummy dessert. Please leave a comment once you do.
Golden graham s’mores bar recipe
- 6 cups Golden grahams cereal
- 6 cups marshmallows
- 4 full size hershey bars or 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- Reserve 1 cup mini marshmallows and one hershey’s bar. Over medium, low heat melt butter and marshmallows. Remove from heat and stir in the golden grahams.
- Coarsely chop the other 3 hershey bars and mix in.
- Then mix in half of the saved marshmallows.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 pan pushing it to the sides.
- Take the reserved hershey bars and break it into pieces. I cut each piece in half with a knife.
- Sprinkle the chopped chocolate and the remaining marshmallows over the pan slightly pressing in so they stick.
- Allow the pan to cool.
- Once cooled cut into 12 equal pieces.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe