Christmas jello poke cake recipe only requires a few simple ingredients but the results are amazing. Not only does this cake look festive but it is so delicious.
Christmas jello poke cake recipe
Christmas jello cake is the perfect dessert to bring to pot lucks, family gatherings and more. You can easily throw this cake together in minutes. It is so easy to make and even the kids can help.
The cake is so moist and each bite is sure to impress. Poke cakes are a blast to make and taste even better!
This is the perfect dessert to bring to family gatherings, pot lucks, holidays and more. With just a few ingredients, this cake is super easy to make and even the kids can help.
You can easily change this cake based on what you have on hand. Try switching up the jello flavors for other occasions. So fun!
What is a Poke Cake?
The cake is poked all over to allow the jello mixture to saturate the cake. The flavor gets in the cake for an amazing dessert.
Plus, it is just so fun to poke the cake. The kids love to help with this part.
What do you use to poke holes in a cake?
You can use a fork to poke the cake or really anything you have. The end of a wooden spoon also works as well.
Another idea is to use a toothpick.
This is such an easy recipe so just use what you have and make this amazing cake.
Ingredients for Christmas poke cake:
- White Cake Mix and all the ingredients needed on the back of the box
- Red Jello Mix – We used Cherry but you could use Strawberry as well
- Lime Jello Mix
- Cool Whip
- Christmas Sprinkles
How to make Christmas Jello poke cake:
Prepare cake mix as directed and bake in a 9×13 pan. Let cool.
Now comes the fun part! Poke the cake with the end of a wooden spoon throughout the cake. I spaced the holes about 1″ apart on the cake.
Prepare both jell-o mixes as directed on the back in the box in separate bowls.
Then take turn spooning the jello mixes over the cake alternating the flavors per rows on the cake. Only use 1/2 half of each of the jello mixes as the full amounts are not needed.
Chill the cake in the refrigerator and top with the cool whip.
Sprinkle the top with your favorite Christmas sprinkles! Serve and Enjoy!
Keep reading for the full recipe.
Do poke cakes need to be refrigerated?
Yes, refrigerate the cake until ready to serve. This is the best cake and so easy to make with just a few ingredients.
The ideas are endless for this gelatin cake recipe.
You can literally just use any flavor or what you already have in your pantry. We have even used vanilla pudding and pie filling in this recipe.
It seeps into the white cake mix and tastes amazing with the whipped topping. I like to cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge so the flavors can blend.
I think it is even better the next day but the hard part is waiting. The kids want to dig in immediately because they all love this recipe so much.
You can really throw this together for hardly any money at all and in just minutes. It is the perfect dessert to feed a crowd or take to a gathering when you need to keep the cost low.
2 color jello poke cake is versatile and easy to make.
Just use what you have. You are going to love this cake.
Since we typically use what is on sale at the grocery store or that I already have in the pantry, I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning!
Save that money for something else or to give you family wiggle room in the budget. You will love the money you will save.
Easy recipes like this keep my family happy and my grocery budget in good shape. This is how I keep our grocery budget reasonable and everyone gets to enjoy a great dessert!
Try this red and green poke cake!
Christmas rainbow cake is so fun to make and looks very festive. Once you prepare the cake, let the fun began and the kids will love to help.
Poke cake layers so that you have lots of red and green in your Christmas poke cake. Poke cake recipes are so fun and this vanilla cake really gets jazzed up with all the jello and whipping topping. Yum!
Print this Holiday poke cake recipe below:
Christmas jello poke cake recipe only requires a few simple ingredients but the results are amazing. Not only does this cake look festive but it is tasty!
- 1 White Cake Mix and all the ingredients needed on the back of the box
- 1 Red Jello Mix - We used Cherry but you could use Strawberry as well
- 1 Lime Jello Mix
- 1 Cool Whip - 8 oz
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Prepare cake mix as directed and bake in a 9x13 pan. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Poke cake with the end of a wooden spoon throughout the cake. I spaced the holes about 1" apart on the cake.
- Prepare both jell-o mixes as directed on the back in the box in separate bowls.
- Then take turn spooning the jello mixes over the cake alternating the flavors per rows on the cake. Only use 1/2 half of each of the jello mixes as the full amounts are not needed.
- Then chill the cake for 3 to 4 hours in a refrigerator and top with the cool whip.
- Sprinkle the top with your favorite Christmas sprinkles! Serve and Enjoy!
Try these other easy cake recipes:
- Super Moist Cola Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Ganache Cake Roll
- Easy Ice cream Cake Recipe
- Quick and Easy Cake Balls Recipe
- How to Make a Mug Cake from Scratch
- The Easiest Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake Recipe
Try more delicious dessert ideas here:
- Christmas Crack Recipe
- Peppermint Bark Recipe
- Homemade Peanut Brittle Recipe
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Microwave Fudge Recipe
- Saltine Cracker Toffee
- 3 Ingredient Snicker Apple Salad Recipe
- Easy Red Velvet Cookies
- Quick and Easy Rolo Pretzels
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Quick and Easy Cake Ball Recipe
- Homemade Brownie Recipe
- Oreo Magic Bars Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats