Christmas Jello Poke Cake Recipe only requires a few simple ingredients but the results are amazing. Not only does this cake look festive but it is so delicious.
The delicious cake is so moist and each bite is sure to impress. Christmas Jello Cake is fun and festive and made with easy ingredients. The red and green jello mix makes this Christmas Poke cake so festive.
You can easily change this cake based on what you have on hand. Try switching up the jello flavors for other occasions. You might also like Christmas Dump Cake Recipe.
What is a Christmas Poke Cake?
The cake is poked all over to allow the red and green jello mixture to saturate the cake. The flavor gets in the cake for an amazing dessert. The kids love to help with poking holes in the cake. Get them involved in making this festive cake.
Recipes vary but the filling can be a vanilla pudding mixture, fruit, sweetened condensed milk and more. This is a very easy recipe.
What do you use to Poke Holes in a Cake?
You can use a fork to poke the cake or really anything you have. The end of a wooden spoon also works as well. Another idea is to use a toothpick.
This is such an easy recipe so just use what you have and make this amazing cake.
- White Cake Mix and all the ingredients needed on the back of the box
- Red Jello Mix – We used Cherry Jello but you could use Strawberry as well
- Lime Jello Mix
- Cool Whip
- Christmas Sprinkles
How to Make Christmas Jello Poke Cake
- Make Cake – Prepare cake mix as directed. Pour the cake batter into pan and bake in a 9×13 pan. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes.
- Poke the Cake – This is my kids favorite part. Poke the cake with the end of a wooden spoon throughout the cake. I spaced the holes about 1″ apart on the cake.
- Prepare Jell-O Mixes – Prepare both Jell-O mixes as directed on the back in the box in separate bowls with boiling water.
- Spoon the Jell-O Mixes over the cake – Then take turn spooning the strawberry gelatin and the green gelatin mix over the cake alternating the flavors per rows on the cake. Only use ½ half of each of the red and green jello mixes as the full amounts are not needed.
- Refrigerate the cake – Chill the cake in the refrigerator. Make sure to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost Cake – Top with the cool whip.
- Add Sprinkles – Sprinkle the top with your favorite Christmas sprinkles and serve.
Do Poke Cakes need to be Refrigerated?
Yes, refrigerate the cake until ready to serve. This is the best cake and so easy to make with just a few ingredients.
When cutting the cake, wipe the knife with cold water for a clean cut.
Can you make Jello Poke Cake ahead of time?
I think it is best prepared a day ahead of time. This allows the flavors to really soak into the cake and it tastes even more delicious.
Letting the jello soak into the cake for several hour or overnight really helps with the flavoring. Plus it makes the colors so vibrant.
- Change the Frosting – We used cool whipped cream but you can make your own whipping topping or use a buttercream frosting.
- Add Fruit – Add some fresh strawberries and blueberries with the sprinkles. This recipe is perfect for a strawberry jello poke cake.
- Change the Flavor of Jello – When make a poke cake the options are endless. Poke cakes can be made for any celebrations or family movie night.
How to Make this for Every Holiday:
- Halloween Poke Cake – Decorate a white cake with orange jello mix. Top with a orange frosting and fun Halloween Sprinkles.
- Easter Poke Cake – Poke a white or yellow cake with fun pastel colors. Then top with white frosting with Easter Bunnies on top.
- Valentines Day – Make a Red Velvet cake and poke holes and pour sweetened condensed milk over the top. Top with frosting and red hot candies. See Valentine’s Day Poke Cake Recipe.
- St Patrick’s Day – We love using lime green jello poured over a white cake. Makes for a fun and festive treat for St Patrick’s Day.
- Thanksgiving Poke Cake – Make a spice cake and drizzle with caramel size. Mix in apple pie filling for a perfect fall dessert.
- 4th of July Poke Cake – We love make 4th of July Poke Cake with red and blue jello.
How to Store
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator covered. You can cover with plastic wrap or with the lid that came with your pan.
Christmas Jello Poke Cake
- 1 White Cake Mix and all the ingredients needed on the back of the box
- 1 Red Jello Mix – We used Cherry but you could use Strawberry as well
- 1 Lime Jello Mix
- 1 Cool Whip – 8 oz
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Prepare cake mix as directed and bake in a 9×13 pan. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Poke cake with the end of a wooden spoon throughout the cake. I spaced the holes about 1″ apart on the cake.
- Prepare both jell-o mixes as directed on the back in the box in separate bowls.
- Then take turn spooning the jello mixes over the cake alternating the flavors per rows on the cake. Only use ½ half of each of the jello mixes as the full amounts are not needed.
- Then chill the cake for 3 to 4 hours in a refrigerator and top with the cool whip.
- Sprinkle the top with your favorite Christmas sprinkles! Serve and Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe