Delicious cream cheese brownies starts with a mix but tastes amazing. Swirls of cream cheese make this recipe gorgeous and tasty. It is so decadent but very simple to make.
Best Cream cheese brownies
These decadent brownies look good enough to be from a bakery. No one will guess the recipe starts with a mix. I am going to show you how to jazz up a plain brownie mix with decadent cream cheese swirls.
If you love cream cheese desserts you are going to love this recipe.
It is the perfect combination of brownies and cheesecake. This recipe is so delicious and really simple to make. Also try Buckeye Brownies Recipe.
- brownie mix, plus ingredients needed according to the box.
- cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- granulated sugar
How to make brownies with cream cheese:
- Preheat oven to 350. Set the oven to 350 degrees and allow to warm up.
- Next, make the brownie batter. Combine the brownie mix as directed on the package for a 9X13 baking pan.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Spread the batter so it is evenly in the 9×13 baking dish.
- Combine the cheesecake batter. Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing. It will be easier to combine and result in a smoother consistency.
Use a stand mixer or hand held mixer to beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Then add the egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the cream cheese to the brownie layer. Drop the cream cheese mixture by the spoonful all over the brownie batter. Use a knife to swirl the mixture back and forth to create a marbled look.
Try to do a few thick swirls instead of lots of swirls. Fewer thicker swirls will look more prominent once baked.
- Bake. Place in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the cream cheese mixture is slightly browned.
- Cool. Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting. Do not rush this step. It is crucial to let them properly cool before cutting.
Keep reading for the complete recipe and nutrition information. I think you will agree that it is super easy to prepare.
How do you cut brownies cleanly?
- First, make sure the brownies have completely cooled. Cutting brownies that are still warm will result in a mess. It is important to give them proper time to cool.
- The best way to cut brownies is with a plastic knife. They are non stick and help to ensure clean cuts.
- As you see brownie start to build up on the knife, wipe with a napkin. Keeping your knife clean will help to cut the brownies better.
- I actually just wipe the knife after each cut. Each square will look nice and clean.
- Another tip is to run the knife under hot water. Just make sure to wipe it off so that it is completely cool before cutting.
- If you do not want to use a plastic knife, you can use a regular knife. However, I suggest spraying it with cooking spray.
As long as you follow these easy tips for cutting them, each square should be clean cut. They will look amazing on your dessert table and so pretty.
Do you need to refrigerate cream cheese brownies?
The brownies can be kept for a day or 2 at room temperature. Any longer and they need to be refrigerated.
How to store cream cheese brownies:
Place the brownies inside an airtight container. It should have a good lid. They will last in the fridge up to a week.
Can you freeze this recipe?
Yes, just make sure to use a good freezer container. I also would place a layer of wax paper between the brownies. This will help the brownies from sticking to each other.
They can be frozen up to 6 months. This is so handy if you need to make them for an event or holiday. Just make sure to let them thaw at room temperature a few hours before you are ready to serve.
The brownies will still taste delicious and you will have more time to do other things. We often make these in advance for holidays, events and more.
What do you serve with brownies?
We enjoy these brownies alone. They are the perfect treat.
However, if you are feeling decadent, try some of these ideas.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Drizzle hot fudge on top.
- Add sprinkles on top for special occasions.
- Make a brownie sundae with nuts, ice cream, chocolate sauce and more. This is delicious served warm. Just heat up the brownie in the microwave a few seconds before topping with ice cream.
Tips and Tricks:
- Don’t overbake the brownies. The cheesecake layer will turn brown and crack if you cook these too long. Not only will the cheesecake swirl not look as pretty but it won’t taste as good either.
- Insert a toothpick into the brownies a few minutes before the timer goes off. This will help to make sure you do not overbake them. Keep in mind the toothpick inserted should have a few crumbs on it and not be completely clean. If the toothpick is totally dry, the brownies are overbaked.
- Use full fat cream cheese in a brick. Do not use reduced fat cream cheese in this recipe. The results will not turn out the same.
Also, make sure to use the bricks of cream cheese and not the tubs. Do not use whipped cream cheese. The texture is not the same as the bricks of cream cheese.
- Line the baking dish with parchment paper or foil. This will allow you to lift the entire pan of brownies out once cooked. You can then transfer to a cutting board to easily cut the brownies.
- Add a handful of chocolate chips to the brownie batter before baking. This will make it even more decadent. This is a great option for chocolate fans.
- Make homemade brownies. If you have the ingredients including cocoa powder at home, try this easy homemade brownies recipe. Cheesecake Brownies taste amazing with a mix or homemade brownies.
We love cheesecake brownies.
This is a very simple recipe that everyone will enjoy. It is not hard to make and tastes amazing.
I love that it is easy enough to make any day of the week but special enough for birthdays and more. It is really so delicious.
These brownies are so fudgy with tons of chocolate flavor. The cheesecake layer brings it all together for a fabulous treat.
Give this recipe a try for a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Everyone will absolutely love this recipe.
It is so amazing while being budget friendly and easy. This recipe is a keeper!
Print Homemade Cream Cheese Brownie Recipe:
Cream Cheese Brownies
- 1 pkg brownie mix
- 1 pkg Cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare brownie batter as directed on package for a 9X13 pan. Spread the batter into a greased 13×9 inch pan.
- Beat Cream Cheese with mixer until creamy. Add Sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix well. Drop by tablespoonfuls over brownie batter.
- Swirl with knife.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until cream cheese mixture is slightly browned. Cool completely before cutting.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe