Jazz up plain brownies with tons of Oreo cookies in this Oreo Brownies Recipe. This delicious combination is a dream for Oreo fans and super easy to make.
Oreo Brownies Recipe:
Brownies are so decadent and once you add Oreo cookies they get even better. This simple recipe combines two of my favorite things into one luscious Oreo dessert. Be prepared for your family to go crazy over this dessert.
You will be amazed how simple it is and how few ingredients you need. The entire recipe is so easy to make and sure to be a new family favorite. Rich, chewy and loaded with chocolate.
Start by making homemade brownies from scratch with simple pantry ingredients. Add in chocolate chips and layer in the baking dish. Top with crushed Oreo and bake for a rich and decadent brownie.
Easy Brownies with Oreos Recipe:
Brownies are a staple dessert in my house. The brownie ingredients are easy and can quickly make for an easy dessert any day of the week. Adding in chocolate chips and crushed Oreos takes our favorite dessert to the next level.
It adds so much chocolate and texture to our fudge brownie that you can not just eat one. You can add many different things to this brownie but the crushed Oreos is always a crowd favorite. These Oreo brownies are rich and delicious.
We love to serve with a tall glass of milk or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Ingredients for the best Oreo Brownies:
- Brown Sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Large Eggs
- Butter, Melted
- Vanilla Extract
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
How to Make Oreo Brownies:
- Step 1 – Prepare oven and line the pan. First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper or foil (line the sides as well). This will help with clean up.
- Step 2 – Combine brownie wet ingredients – In a large mixing bowl, whisk the ½ cup butter, eggs, sugar . Then add in vanilla extract until they are well combined.
- Step 3 – Add in Dry Ingredients – Next, slowly stir in the cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder. Mix these ingredients in by hand and be careful not to over mix these ingredients.
- Step 4 – Add in Chocolate Chips – Then fold in the 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Step 5 – Spread half brownie mix to pan – Spread half of the brownie batter into the baking dish.
- Step 6 – Layer Oreo on brownie mix. Layer 16 Oreos on top of the brownie batter in the pan. Next, layer the remaining batter on top of the layer of the Oreos.
- Step 7 – Top with Crush Oreos – Crush up the remaining Oreos. Place them on top of the final layer of brownie batter. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top too.
- Step 8 – Bake Brownies – Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick insert into the brownies comes out clean. Allow for the brownies to cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Step 9 – Serve and Enjoy – Cut and enjoy. This is perfect for holidays, family parties, movie night and more.
My kids love this recipe so much they ask for it all the time.
Tips for Oreo Brownies:
- Baking Pan – Prepare baking pan by lining with parchment paper or foil for easy clean up. This also allows you to easily remove the brownie from the pan.
- Brownie Mix – We made brownies from scratch but you can easily use a brownie mix.
- Cutting Brownie – We recommend using a plastic knife to cut brownies.
- Mixing Brownie – Don’t over mix the brownie batter. Just mix until the brownie mix is combined.
- Baking Brownies – Be careful to not over bake the brownies. This will make them lose their delicious fudgy consistency. Bake time will vary.
- Ingredients – When we are mixing the ingredients, it is best if the eggs and butter are at room temperature. The ingredients mix together easily.
- Cookie Tray – We love making these brownies for many occasions. They are perfect for the holidays, cookie exchange parties and even on your holiday dessert trays.
Oreo Brownie Variations
- Change the Oreo Flavor – Try different Oreo flavors. They have so many now that you can really experiment and try all sorts of Oreo flavors. I think peanut butter Oreo’s would be fabulous.
- Change the Chocolate Chips – Use white chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate. You can even use both. Dark chocolate is good too.
- Use Peanut Butter Chips – Try peanut butter chips with the chocolate chips. Yum!
- Add in Chopped Candy – Chop up peanut butter cups and add that in the brownie mixture.
The ideas are endless for these delicious brownies. We love to use what we already have at home or can get on sale. It helps the grocery budget and we all still get to try amazing recipes.
Make Oreo Brownie Sundaes with the Best Brownie Recipe.
If you are feeling extra decadent, try topping the brownies with ice cream and toppings. This is a real treat around here and the kids go crazy over it.
It is delicious served warm and the cold ice cream soaks into the brownie. You might also want to drizzle a little chocolate syrup or caramel sauce.
I love this trio of Ghirardelli Squeeze Bottles. You get Caramel, Chocolate and White Chocolate. Can you tell we love fudgy brownies around here?
This brownie recipe is loaded with tons of chocolate flavor and Oreo cookies. It is really easy and so delicious!
How to Store:
Store your cakey brownie in a air tight container. You can leave them at room temperature. They will last about a week if stored properly.
Can you Freeze Oreo Brownies?
Yes, you can freeze Oreo Brownies. We recommend to cut them in individual servings and wrap with plastic wrap. Place the Oreo Brownies in a freezer safe bag and freeze.
They will stay good for about 2 months. Place on the counter to thaw and enjoy. See Can you freeze brownies? for more tips.
Print this recipe for Oreo Brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper or foil (line the sides as well).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until they are well combined.
- Slowly stir in the cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder. Mix these ingredients in by hand and be careful not to over mix these ingredients.
- Then fold in the 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread half of the brownie batter into the baking dish.
- Then layer 16 Oreos on top of the brownie batter in the pan.
- Then layer the remaining batter on top of the layer of the oreos.
- Crush up the remaining Oreos and place them on top of the final layer of brownie batter and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top too.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick insert into the brownies comes out clean.
- Allow for the brownies to cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Cut and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other Easy Brownie Recipes:
- Salted Caramel Brownies
- Easy Brookie Recipe
- Cake Mix Brownies Recipe
- Chocolate Brownie Lasagna Recipe
- Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
- Easy Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
- S’mores Brownie Recipe