With just a few common ingredients, Fried Bananas Recipe is so easy. This delectable treat is caramelized to perfection for the best flavor. Eat these alone or serve over ice cream and more.
Fried Bananas Recipe
Pan fried bananas makes a delicious treat in just minutes. It is a satisfying way to enjoy dessert without much work.
You only need a few minutes for this easy treat. It literally goes from stove to table in under 10 minutes.
The butter and honey come together to make the most decadent glaze on the bananas. They are seared to perfection and super decadent.
Easy Banana Recipe:
I think you will be impressed just how yummy this simple recipe is. The glaze combined with the simple process of pan frying makes these so delicious recipe.
Each bite is caramelized and golden brown. They are so decadent without being deep fried.
With just 5 simple ingredients, this recipe comes together without much work at all. Keep reading to see just how easy this is.
- Ground Cinnamon
How to Make Fried Bananas:
- Step 1 – Peel and slice bananas – Prepare the bananas by peeling them. Then slice them into 1/2” thick slices.
- Step 2 – Melt the butter – Use a large skillet over medium high heat to melt the butter. Whisk in the honey, cinnamon and salt.
- Step 3 – Add the slices of bananas – The butter mixture will be hot so carefully add the banana slices. Allow them to cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Step 4 – Put the pan fried cinnamon bananas on a plate – Once finished cooking. Move the bananas to a plate lined with a paper towel.
Jump to recipe below for complete instructions and nutrition information including saturated fat and more.
How to Serve Fried bananas?
They are absolutely delicious alone but here are a few more delicious ideas.
- Ice cream – This is so amazing on vanilla ice cream. The warm carnalized bananas melt into the cold ice cream. Vanilla and butter pecan taste great with the fried bananas.
- Pancakes or Waffles – Try topping with these bananas for the best treat. Then top with whipped cream if you prefer.
- Yogurt – You can make a yogurt parfait using these tasty fried bananas. The yogurt makes it healthier but the flavor is amazing. I like to add granola as well for a little crunch.
- French Toast – My kids love when I make French Toast and top it with decadent fried bananas.
- Peanut Butter – Melt some peanut butter and drizzle over the top of the fried bananas.
The ideas are endless. We love to top ice cream yogurt and more with these tasty bananas.
They are delicious served with maple syrup or chocolate sauce for dipping. It is seriously so tasty.
As you can see, there are so many tasty ways to enjoy fried bananas.
- Substitution for Honey – We love the sweetness of the honey, but you can also use brown sugar or maple syrup.
- Oil Options – You can use Coconut oil or butter to pan fry the bananas.
- Air fryer method – If you prefer to use the air fryer instead of the stove, you can. First, melt the butter using the microwave and add the seasonings. Coat the bananas. Place in the air fryer basket for 4 minutes at 400 degrees in a single layer.
- Add Nuts – Feel free to top the fried bananas with chopped peanuts or sliced almonds.
Tips for Pan Fried Bananas:
- Firm Bananas – This recipe is best with firm bananas. You will want to use firm bananas for this recipe so they do not get too mushy when frying them. You want them to be just ripe. Don’t use overripe bananas.
- Cooking Bananas – The bananas should look golden brown and caramelized. However, watch them closely as they cook so they do not burn with excessive brown spots.
- Heat Skillet – Before placing the slice bananas in the skillet, make sure to preheated and add the oil. This gives the bananas the best texture with a soft center.
How to Store Leftovers:
Place the leftovers in an airtight container. Refrigerate the cooked bananas for up to 3 days. They will stay fresh as long as you use a container with a good lid.
Reheat in the microwave or stove top until heated through. They are still delicious reheated. Yet another reason to love this recipe even more.
These bananas make the perfect afternoon snack.
Print this Fried Bananas Recipe:
- Peel the bananas and slice them into 1/2” thick slices.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Then whisk in the honey, cinnamon and salt.
- Carefully add the banana slices and cook them for 2-3 minutes on each side. The bananas should be golden brown and caramelized. Watch them closely as they cook so they do not burn.
- Then move the bananas to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Then serve as is or over ice cream or on top of pancakes or waffles. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe