Mini Red Velvet Cheesecake Recipe is the perfect bite size dessert. The rich cheesecake filling in these Red Velvet Cheesecake Bites definitely will impress.
Mini Red Velvet Cheesecake Recipe
If you are looking for a new dessert for Valentine’s Day or just because, this Mini Red Velvet Cheesecake Recipe will definitely impress. It is the best of both worlds and combines two of our favorite desserts.
You get lots of red velvet flavor and cheesecake in each delicious bite. This decadent dessert is easy to serve in these individual servings. We love to make these for parties and more.
The individual size makes it so easy for grab and go desserts. No one has to cut these and they are ready to serve on the dessert table.
It really is a great party dessert. However, it is simple enough for any day of the week.
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (Oreos)
- Unsalted Butter
- cream cheese, softened
- Sour Cream
- granulated sugar
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- vanilla extract
- Large Eggs
- Red Food Coloring
- Whipped Cream (Reddi-Whip)
- Chocolate Shavings
How to make mini red velvet cheesecake:
- Step 1. Preheat the oven and prepare the pan. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then, place 12 cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
- Step 2. Make the crust. Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor and blend until the cookies are small pieces. Next, add the melted butter and blend until combined.
Place a small cookie scope of the crumbs into each cupcake liner. Press down with a flat object to form an even crust. Bake the crusts for 5 minutes.
- Step 3. Beat the cream cheese and sour cream. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sour cream with an electric mixer until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Step 4. Mix in the cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Step 5. Add the filling. Place a little more than 2 tbsp of cheesecake batter in each cupcake cup on top of the Oreo crusts.
- Step 6. Bake the cheesecakes. Lastly, bake for 14-16 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake is only slightly jiggly. Do not over bake as oven temperatures vary.
- Step 7. Let cool. Allow mini cheesecakes to cool to room temperature (about 1 hour), then place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Step 8. Serve and enjoy. When serving, top each mini cheesecake with the whipped cream and the chocolate shavings.
How to store:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you are making these in advance for a party, we suggest waiting to add the whipped topping until ready to serve.
For prolonged storage, these can be frozen up to 2 months. Wait to add the topping and freeze the cheesecake bites inside an airtight container. When ready to serve, allow the cheesecake to thaw in the fridge overnight.
Can you make these in advance?
This is an easy recipe to make ahead of of time. You can prepare these up to 4 days in advance.
Refrigerate inside an airtight container until ready to serve. Then add whipped topping and chocolate shavings on top
Tips for red velvet mini cheesecake
- Room temperature ingredients. Make sure that all of the cheesecake ingredients are at room temperature before mixing so that your cheesecake is smooth and not lumpy. It is easier to mix the ingredients and the texture is better.
- Do not overbake. Oven temperatures can vary greatly. You do not want to overbake these cheesecakes or the filling will not be the correct texture.
- Chocolate shavings. Quickly and easily prepare chocolate shavings by using a vegetable peeler. This is a simple way to quickly do this.
- Mini muffin pan. You can use a mini muffin pan to make bite size cheesecake treats. Be sure to adjust the cooking time as it will not need as long to cook as the regular size.
- Allow to cool. The cheesecake should be completely cool before adding the whipped cream and chocolate on top. It will slide off the cheesecake if not totally cool.
- Don’t use double stuffed oreo cookies. You will need to buy regular oreos for the crust. The double stuffed variety has too much cream inside for the crust to turn out the way it should.
Substitutions and additions
- Cream cheese frosting. You can add cream cheese frosting to each cheesecake bite. This is a great option and so decadent.
- Food coloring. If you prefer to make these without food coloring, you can omit red dye. Of course they will not be red but will still taste delicious.
- Mini Chocolate Chips. Add a handful of mini chocolate chips to the mixture before baking.
- Crust. We used traditional Oreo cookies to make the crust. Feel free to try other types of cookies for the crust. Some ideas include: graham crackers, vanilla wafers, shortbread cookies and more.
- Topping. We love chocolate shavings but other ideas include: mini chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and sprinkles. Pink and red sprinkles would be so cute for Valentine’s Day.
Mini red velvet cheesecake bites
This is the perfect recipe for any occasion. It is delicious for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, birthdays and more.
The next time you need an easy to make treat that tastes amazing, give this recipe a try. You really don’t need any special skills or gadgets to make this recipe. Anyone can make it and it will turn out perfectly!
You will definitely feel fancy serving these. No one will guess how easy and budget friendly this recipe is when they eat it.
Print this Mini Red Velvet Cheesecake Recipe:
Mini Red Velvet Cheesecake Recipe
FOR THE CRUST:
- 10 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies Oreos
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- Whipped Cream Reddi-Whip
- Chocolate Shavings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place 12 cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
- Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor and blend until the cookies are small pieces. Add the butter and blend until combined. Place a small cookie scope of the crumbs into each cupcake liner. Press down with a flat object to form an even crust. Bake the crusts for 5 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sour cream with an electric mixer until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Place a little more than 2 tbsp of cheesecake batter in each cupcake cup on top of the Oreo crusts.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake is only slightly jiggly. Do not over bake.
- Allow mini cheesecakes to cool to room temperature (about 1 hour), then place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill before serving.
- When serving, top each mini cheesecake with the whipped cream and the chocolate shavings. Then enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More red velvet desserts
- Cheesecake Factory Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
- Red Velvet Sheet Cake Recipe
- Red Velvet Cake Balls
- Red Velvet Mug Cake Recipe
More Cheesecake recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Recipe
- Easy No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe