Monster Eye Ball Rice Krispie Treats Recipe is a fun dessert for Halloween and you only need a few ingredients. This no bake treat is easy and colorful for a festive snack.
I love to come up with new ideas for a Halloween Party every year. These Halloween rice krispies do not disappoint.
Kids of all ages absolutely love these. They are fun to make and serve with other fun Halloween Desserts.
For even more tips and tricks, learn how to make classic rice krispie treats here.
For a delicious treat on Halloween morning, make these Halloween Donuts.
Table of Contents
Why you will love this recipe:
- It’s so much fun to make. The entire family can help make these and it’s so much fun. This is sure to be a huge hit and an annual tradition!
- This recipe is festive for parties. Everyone always loves the googly eyes and they are so fun on these rice krispy treats.
- Halloween Rice Krispies are so easy. With a few simple ingredients, this no bake treat is practically effortless.
- Rice Krispie Cereal
- Mini Marshmallows
- Orange Food Coloring
- Green Food Coloring
- Purple Food Coloring
- Candy Eyeballs
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom and get the complete ingredient list.
Substitution and Variations:
- Use Different Colors – You can use different color food coloring.
- Gel Icing – Use gel icing to make different designs on the eye balls.
- Add a Stick – You can add a stick to the eye ball for easy snacking.
- Store Bought – Use store bought treats to make square monster treats.
- Candy Corn – Change the candy and use candy corn instead.
- Sprinkles. Feel free to add sprinkles.
- Dip in chocolate. You can also dip these treats in melted chocolate or white chocolate.
- Candy Melts. Drizzle different color of candy melts on the rice krispies.
- Fondant. Decorate with fondant.
How to make Monster Eye Rice Krispie Treats:
Step 1. Melt Butter – Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl (or you can melt on the stove top in a large pot). If cooking on the stovetop, remove from heat before adding in marshmallows.
Step 2. Stir in Marshmallows – Add the ⅓ of the bag of the marshmallows and microwave in 30 second increments (stirring in between each) until they are completely melted. It may take up to a minute stirring until all melted.
Step 3. Add in blue food coloring – Add 4 drops of the blue food coloring. Stir until the marshmallow mixture is the green color that you desire.
Step 4. Mix in Cereal – Gradually add in 2 cups of the rice Krispies cereal. Mix until completely coated.
Step 5. Spread into pan – Spread evenly into a large pan to cool slightly. We poured ours onto a jelly roll pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat steps with the other colors.
Step 6. Form into Balls – After this cooling time, form the rice krispies into small balls. We like to make them approximately 2 inches in diameter.
Step 7. Add the decorations – Gently press the candy eyes into the side of the balls.
Step 8. Continue to add all of the candy eyes. Allow to cool and enjoy!
How to Store:
These Monster Eye Rice Krispie Treats are best kept at room temperature. Store them in an air tight container for up to 7 to 10 days.
If you store in the refrigerator, the rice krispies treats will get hard.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you want to dye your cereal to make fun and festive Halloween treats, use food coloring. You simply add the gel food coloring to the melted marshmallow mixture instead of the cereal.
The more food coloring you add, the more vibrant the color of your treats turn out. Once you obtain the desired color, then you add in your cereal.
You want to store your rice krispie treats in an airtight container so they stay crispy. Also, during the cooking process, make sure you use fresh marshmallows so the bars stay intact and don’t turn soft.
Yes, you can freeze Rice Krispie Treats. If stored properly, the rice krispie treats will last about 3 to 4 months.
Allow rice kripies to completely cool to room temperature.
Then cut into individual servings or make into balls.
Completely wrap each individual serving with wax paper. Then place in a freezer safe gallon bag.
More Halloween Treats:
- Monster Cupcakes
- Halloween Dirt Cake Recipe
- Monster Eyeballs
- Mummy Cake Pops
- Spider Cookies with peanut butter cups
Once you try this recipe, please come back and leave a star rating and a comment. It is so awesome hearing from you after you make the recipe.
Monster Eye Ball rice krispie treats
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl (or you can melt on the stove top in a saucepan).
- Add the ⅓ of the bag of the marshmallows and microwave in 30 second increments (stirring in between each) until they are completely melted.
- Add 4 drops of the green food coloring. Stir until the marshmallow mixture is the green color that you desire.
- Gradually add in 2 cups of the rice Krispies cereal. Mix until completely coated.
- Spread evenly into a large pan to cool slightly. We poured ours onto a jelly roll pan.
- Follow steps 1-5 2 more times to make the orange and purple rice krispies as well.
- Allow the mixtures to cool for at least 30 minutes. Do not refrigerate as it will cause the rice krispies to be too hard.
- After this cooling time, form the rice krispies into small balls that are approximately 2 inches in diameter.
- Gently press the eye candies into the side of the balls.
- Allow the monstres to cool completely and then enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe