Oven Baked S’mores are so convenient and you still can enjoy all the ooey gooey marshmallows and decadent chocolate. Make oven smores for a quick treat and watch them disappear.
You are going to love this fun and really delicious oven baked s mores recipe. However, sometimes it just isn’t the best time to make a campfire. So what do you do when you really want s’mores? Make oven baked smores!
You might also like Golden Graham Smores Bar Recipe for more delicious s’mores flavor. One of our favorite dessert recipes.
Table of Contents
What is the Best Chocolate to use?
When we make smores we like to use quality chocolate and any flavor of chocolate will work. We like to use milk chocolate but love the flavor of dark chocolate.
This recipe is perfect to use up Halloween candy you get as they are the perfect size to make smores. We love making this marshmallows and chocolate treat.
- Graham Crackers, halves
- Hershey’s Chocolate Bar – Regular size chocolate broke into 4 pieces
- Marshmallows – the large size
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
More Variations to try
- Milk Chocolate Chips – Use chocolate chips instead of Hershey chocolate bars.
- Peanut Butter Cups – Peanut butter cups taste amazing and peanut butter fans will love this version.
- Dark Chocolate – Try dark chocolate squares or chips for a delicious variation.
- Cookies – Fudge round cookies make a good substitution for graham crackers. Ritz crackers is another delicious variation.
- Different Sized Marshmallows– any type will work. You can use mini marshmallows or large ones.
- Use leftover candy– snickers, milky way and hershey kisses are tasty options.
- White Chocolate – If you prefer to make these with white chocolate, then that will work with this recipe.
- Nutella – If you prefer, you can swap the chocolate for a nutella spread on the graham cracker. Just roast the marshmallows for a delicious treat.
- Drizzle Chocolate – If you want more chocolate or caramel flavor, drizzle these over the top of the marshmallows. It adds delicious flavor.
- Fruit – Add a slice of banana before serving for a delicious combination.
- Peanut Butter – Spread peanut butter on the graham cracker for amazing nut flavor. You can use any type of nut butter spread before roasting the marshmallow.
Get creative and make smores this week. We have so much fun putting this together eating them of course. This is one of our favorite treats to enjoy.
How to Make Smores in the Oven
Step 1 – Graham Cracker Halves – Place half of the graham cracker squares on a cookie sheet.
Step 2 – Top with Marshmallows – Then place the marshmallows on top while on the sheet pan.
Step 3 – Broil Marshmallows – Broil in the preheated oven for 2-3 minutes until the marshmallows are slightly browned. Watch them closely as the marshmallows will brown quickly.
Step 4 – Remove from Oven – Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Then top with the piece of chocolate and the other graham crackers. The heat from the marshmallow will melt the milk chocolate bars and marshmallow slightly.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve oven s’mores immediately while warm and enjoy.
S’mores Recipe Tips
- Prepare Oven – Turn your oven on to broil to prepare for roasting the marshmallows.
- Toasted Marshmallows – Make sure to keep a close eye on the marshmallow closely. It only takes a few minutes to roast it as it could brown easily. You want the marshmallow to be golden brown.
- Serving – These easy oven bakes smores are best served fresh. I like to make and serve enough for our family.
- Baking Sheet – To prepare the smores for the oven, make sure to line baking sheet with parchment paper. This helps to easily clean the baking sheet and prevent them from sticking.
- Campfire or Fire Pits – If you prefer you can still make this recipe in a campfire or fire pits. This gives the marshmallow the perfect roasted flavor.
- Single Layer – When baking the smores, we recommend placing in a single layer on the baking sheet. This helps to cook the oven baked smores evenly.
- Melting the Chocolate – There is not need to melt the chocolate bar before placing on the marshmallow. The heat from the marshmallow will melt it. Creating a gooey chocolate smores.
Can you Reheat S’mores?
We do not recommend reheating S’mores. This is one dessert that is best served immediately from the oven. We recommend making the amount you need.
We never have any leftovers for this oven baked smores.
How to Store Leftovers
These oven smores recipe are best served immediately. If you do have leftovers, I would store them at room temperature in an air tight container. They will last a 1-2 days.
More Smores Recipes
- Easy S’mores Cake Recipe
- S’mores Cupcakes Recipe
- Oreo S’mores
- The Best S’mores Cookie Cups
- Frozen S’Mores Recipe
We love to hear from you. If you make this smore oven recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
How to make S’mores in the Oven
- 4 Graham Crackers Broken in Half (8 squares)
- 1 Regular Size Hershey’s Chocolate Bar broke into 4 pieces
- 4 Large Marshmallows
- Place half of the graham crackers on a baking sheet.
- Then place the marshmallows on top.
- Broil in the oven for 2-3 minutes until the marshmallows are slightly browned. Watch them closely as the marshmallows will cook quickly!
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, then top with the chocolate piece and the other graham crackers. The heat from the marshmallow will melt the chocolate slightly.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe