Reindeer Pretzel Rods are easy to make with only 5 ingredients. This sweet and salty treat is perfect for kids during the holiday season.
Reindeer Pretzels are so much fun to make for Christmas. It is such a festive holiday treat for holiday gifts. I have been making reindeer treats for years and the kids love Nutter Butter Reindeer and Reindeer Pretzels. They are great for parties or movie night while watching Rudolph.
Table of Contents
Why we love this recipe for Pretzel Rod Reindeer
- Christmas Pretzel Rods only uses 5 simple ingredients.
- The recipe is a quick and easy no bake recipe.
- Kids can help make pretzel reindeer and it’s so much fun!
- Sweet and salty combination that is perfect for holiday gifting.
- Melting Chocolate
- Large Pretzel Rods
- Candy Eyes
- Mini Red M&Ms
- Pretzel Twists
Find the complete ingredient list and recipe at the bottom of the post.
- Red Nose. Substitute any other small red candy for the nose that you desire.
- Holiday sprinkles. Feel free to add sprinkles to each red-nosed reindeer.
- Coating. You can use almond bark, chocolate chips or white chocolate.
How to make Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rod Reindeer:
Step 1. Prepare a baking sheet with wax paper. Then carefully break the pretzel twists to form the antlers.
Step 2. Melt the chocolate using a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals. I like to use a tall container because it is perfect for dipping.
Step 3. Carefully dip the pretzel rods in the melting chocolate. Only cover about half of the pretzel.
Step 4. Get the pieces ready to make the reindeer so you can quickly add them.
Step 5. Place the candy eyes and red M&M on the pretzel. Make sure to do this quickly before the chocolate sets.
Step 6. Add the broken pretzels to the top of the pretzel rods to complete the reindeer face. Place on the lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Tips for Success
- Melt the chocolate in 30 second increments. This will prevent the chocolate from being overcooked and burning.
- Line the baking sheet. Use parchment paper or a silicone liner on the baking pan.
- Add the pieces quickly for the face. The candy and pretzels need to be added right away before the chocolate hardens.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store any leftover bark in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks inside an airtight container. It is ok to leave the treats at room temperature for parties and such but should be stored in the fridge.
They last about 2 weeks if stored inside an airtight container. If not, they will get stale.
No, you can use a double boiler if you prefer.
Try these Easy Christmas Treats:
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe. Once you make it, please come back and leave a comment!
Reindeer Pretzel Rods
- 1 pkg Melting Chocolate 12 ounces
- 24 Large Pretzel Rods
- 48 Candy Eyes
- 24 Mini Red M&Ms
- 48 Pretzel Twists
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper, parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Gently break each of the pretzel twists in half to make the antlers for the reindeers.
- Melt the melting chocolate in a tall glass.
- Heat the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until they are fully melted.
- Dip each of the pretzel rods in the melting chocolate making sure to cover about half of the pretzel. Then place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Work quickly before the melting chocolate sets and place candy eyes, mini M&Ms and the broken pretzels twist to the pretzel rods to make the reindeer faces.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes for the chocolate to set and then the pretzel rods are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe