Chocolate covered pretzel rods comes together in under 5 minutes and with only 3 ingredients. This is the perfect treat when you are craving salty and sweet.
Chocolate covered pretzel rods
These decadent Chocolate Covered Pretzel rods are so easy to make and a lot of fun too. The kids love to help dip these in chocolate and drizzle with even more chocolate!
The salty sweet combination is one of my favorites and makes such a fun dessert or snack idea. We recently showed you how to make Chocolate Covered Pretzels and those were a big hit. Today, we are showing you how to make these simple pretzel rods covered in chocolate. Yum!
You are going to absolutely love these little treats and they are just so amazing. Plus, so very simple.
Let’s get started!
Chocolate covered pretzel rods ingredients:
- Pretzel Rods
- white chocolate chips
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to make chocolate covered pretzel rods:
Melt the white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips in a tall glass.
It is best to melt the chocolate in 30 second increments in the microwave. Make sure you stir in between each increment until they are completely melted.
Dip 1/2 of pretzel rods into the melted white chocolate one at a time.
Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, wax paper, foil or wire rack.
Then dip the other 1/2 of the pretzel rods in the semi-sweet chocolate and place them on the cookie sheet as well.
With a fork drizzle the opposite chocolate onto each rod for decoration.
Allow them to cool completely (1 hour at room temperature or 30 minutes in the refrigerator).
Tips for chocolate covered pretzel rods:
- Make sure the chocolate or candy melts are completely melted before dipping the pretzels rods.
- If the melted candy or chocolate is not smooth, add about 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil to it to make it more smooth as it will coat the pretzels better.
- Make sure that you do not overheat the chocolate or candy melts as this will make it difficult to spread so watch it closely while melting. You definitely want to make sure to do 30 second intervals. Feel free to also use a double boiler.
- Use the melted chocolate or candy melts immediately. It will harden back so be ready to dip the pretzels once it has been melted.
- Cover your cookie sheet in foil to allow the pretzels to dry. You can also use wax paper or parchment paper as well.
- Allowed a few minutes before drizzling with the opposite chocolate to make sure that they do not mix together on the pretzels.
- Make sure that the pretzels are completely dried before moving for storage.
Fun variation ideas for chocolate covered pretzel rods:
- Try making 4th of July Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods. These are so festive with the red,white and blue.
- Peeps Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods are adorable and so fun for Easter!
- Use candy melts and make these for any occasion! Birthday, sports themed and more.
- Use pink or blue and make these for a baby shower.
- Top the pretzel rods with sprinkles.
- Crushed candy or cookies are so decadent on the pretzel rods. Some delicious ideas include: oreo cookies, butter finger and heath bar.
- Drizzle with caramel and chocolate. Yum!
As you can see, the ideas are endless. These are perfect for any occasion. You can easily change these to use for just about anything!
Everyone will love chocolate covered pretzel rods!
If you like the combination of salty and sweet, you have to give these a try. The kids go crazy over these and love helping to make them.
Whenever I take these anywhere, everyone just loves them. They really are amazing.
If you are looking for something with very few ingredients, this is a great recipe to try. It is so yummy!
Try these decadent chocolate covered pretzel sticks!
You can wrap these in cellophane bags to use as gifts, party favors and more. They would be so cute for parties, baby showers and holidays.
This would be very inexpensive and easy to make but so delicious and pretty too!
Print this easy chocolate covered pretzel rods recipe below:
Chocolate covered pretzel rods comes together in under 5 minutes and with only 3 ingredients. This is the perfect salt and sweet treat.
- 24 Pretzel Rods
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt the white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips in a tall glass.
- Melt them in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until they are completely melted.
- Dip 1/2 of pretzel rods into the melted white chocolate one at a time.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, wax paper, foil or wire rack.
- Then dip the other 1/2 of the pretzel rods in the semi-sweet chocolate and place them on the cookie sheet as well.
- With a fork drizzle the opposite chocolate onto each rod for decoration.
- Allow them to cool completely (1 hour at room temperature or 30 minutes in the refrigerator).
Try these other easy desserts:
- Homemade Peanut Brittle Recipe
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Microwave Fudge Recipe
- Saltine Cracker Toffee
- 3 Ingredient Snicker Apple Salad Recipe
- Easy Red Velvet Cookies
- Quick and Easy Rolo Pretzels
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Quick and Easy Cake Ball Recipe
- Homemade Brownie Recipe
- Oreo Magic Bars Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats