Ritz Cracker Toffee is packed with buttery crackers and caramel toffee. The entire treat is covered in creamy chocolate. It is absolutely addictive and so easy to make.
This decadent recipe is actually so simple to make. The combination of Ritz Crackers and toffee is so delicious with the chocolate.
It is so yummy and looks pretty too. There are sprinkles all over it and it’s gorgeous for any occasion. We make it for Christmas but enjoy it year round too.
Table of Contents
What is Christmas crack toffee with ritz?
It starts with a layer of Ritz crackers. It might sound weird but it is so delicious.
The top of the ritz crackers are coated with a boiling hot mixture of brown sugar and butter. This creates the toffee layer.
After baking, everything is topped with an even layer of milk chocolate chips. It gets all ooey gooey and then you spread it over the toffee.
Once it hardens, you break it apart in pieces for a great dessert. It is absolutely one of my favorite candy recipes and only takes about 15 minutes. The recipe for christmas crack with ritz crackers is truly effortless but turns out so delicious.
- Box of Ritz Crackers
- Packed Brown Sugar
- Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet chocolate chips, milk or dark chocolate chips will work)
- Sprinkles. We used Christmas sprinkles but you can use any type you prefer.
Skip to the bottom and find the complete ingredient list and recipe.
- Nuts. Sprinkle chopped nuts on top of the chocolate. We like pecans, almonds or walnuts.
- Chocolate. Try using white chocolate or dark chocolate. Another tasty idea is to top with chocolate and then drizzle white chocolate on top.
- Candy. Crush peppermints, heath bars or butterfingers on top.
- Sea Salt. Top with a little bit of sea salt.
- Crackers. Substitute saltine crackers instead of Ritz.
- Seasonal. This is so pretty to make for all the holidays and seasons. Try using candy corn for Halloween, pastel M&M’s for Easter, heart sprinkles for Valentine’s Day.
How to make Ritz Cracker Toffee:
- Preheat the oven. It needs to be set to 350 F. Then line a jelly roll pan with foil and spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
Step 1. Lay the crackers on the baking sheet. If there is a gap in the tray of crackers, you can break the crackers to get a single layer.
Step 2. Combine the butter and brown sugar. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat.
Step 3. Once the butter melts, add the brown sugar and stir to combine.
Step 4. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for several minutes until the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat.
Step 5. Immediately pour the hot mixture over the whole pan of crackers covering them completely. Then put the pan in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes or just until the edges of brown sugar mixture gets bubbly.
Step 6. Remove the pan from the oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the crackers.
Step 7. Allow the chocolate to set. Then use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate chips over the cracker layer.
Step 8. Top with sprinkles. I like to let the kids help do this step. Next, place the pan in the refrigerator to allow the toffee to harden. It should take about 1 to 2 hours.
Step 9. Then remove the toffee from the pan. Break it apart into pieces with your hands.
Step 10. Serve and enjoy this delicious treat.
- The crackers should touch. Make sure to arrange the cracker as closely as possible to each other. This will prevent the toffee from seeping through making it hard to crack.
- Boil the butter and brown sugar long enough. If it is not cooked long enough, the toffee will be soft and not harden.
- Line the pain with foil. It is so important to line the baking sheet with aluminum foil to make clean up easy. You don’t want to have to clean up toffee all over.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the leftover toffee in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Place parchment paper in between the layers so they don’t stick to each other during storage.
I use my hands and break into pieces. You can also use a sharp knife to help get the process started.
More Chocolate Christmas desserts:
- Christmas Crunch
- Pretzel Toffee
- Christmas chocolate covered oreos
- Christmas Bark Recipe
- Reindeer Pretzels
Try this easy Ritz Cracker Toffee Crack and then come back and leave a comment.
Ritz Cracker Toffee
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a jelly roll pan with foil. Spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill the bottom of the cookie sheet with the Ritz crackers. If there is a gap, you can break the crackers to get a single layer. Set the pan aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add brown sugar once butter is completely melted and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 2-3 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- Immediately remove from heat and pour bubbly mixture over crackers covering the crackers completely.
- Place the pan in the oven for 3-5 minutes, or just until the edges of brown sugar mixture gets bubbly.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the crackers.
- Allow the crackers to sit for 5 minutes to melt the chocolate. Then use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate over the cracker layer.
- Top with sprinkles.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator to allow the toffee to harden (1-2 hours).
- Then remove the toffee from the pan and break it apart into pieces with your hands. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe