S’mores bars recipe is the perfect treat when you are craving s’mores but need to feed a crowd at one time. These decadent little bars make serving and enjoying s’mores so easy at parties, game night and more! You are going to love them.
S’mores Bars Recipe:
What’s not to love about decadent melted chocolate and ooey gooey marshmallows? This S’mores bars recipe is seriously so indulgent and amazing. If you love s’mores as much as we do, this is a must try.
We have a blast making traditional s’mores but sometimes time and weather just do not permit. This easy s’mores bars recipe is the answer! Plus, with just 5 ingredients, it is so quick to make!
Not only is it so simple but you can easily serve these at a party or for movie night anytime you get a craving. Everything you love about s’mores is in one dish and you can cut these into individual bars. It is truly perfect for serving and so easy!
Why this is The Best S’more’s Recipe:
- Easy 5 Ingredient Recipe – All you need to make these easy bars is graham cracker crumbs, marshmallows, butter, brown sugar and Hershey Chocolate Bars. No baking powder and salt is needed.
- Simple Process – All you need to layer the ingredients and then roast marshmallows.
- Easier than Campfire S’mores: There is no need to make a campfire to make these s’mores bars. These s’mores bars make enough to feed a crowd.
- Full of Flavor – We love that every bite is full of chocolate, graham cracker and marshmallows.
Ingredients for The Best S’mores Bars:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Melted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Hershey Chocolate Bar
- Mini Marshmallows
How to make S’mores Bars:
- Prepare the oven – First, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the pan – Next, grease the 9×13 pan with non-stick butter spray.
- Make the Graham Cracker Crust – In a medium size bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter with a spoon.
- Press Graham Cracker Crust in pan – Place the graham cracker mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Distribute the mixture evenly and press down and firmly with your fingers to pack the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake Crust – Place in oven and bake for just a few minutes. You only want to bake it until the sides begin to get a bit golden brown.
- Cool Crust – Remove from oven and let cool.
- Layer Hershey Bars – Lay the Hershey bars on top of the graham cracker mixture making sure to cover up all of the graham cracker as completely as possible.
- Melt Chocolate – Place in oven until the chocolate begins to melt and gets shiny. This only takes a few minutes so don’t go far. Let cool the chocolate layer cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Top with Marshmallows – Place marshmallows on top of the chocolate. You want to pack them as closely to each other as possible. I start with ¼ cup of marshmallows and then keep adding until the chocolate is covered.
- Broil Marshmallows and Chocolate – Turn the oven to broil and place the pan into oven and STARE at them! They only need to be in there for about 2 minutes.
- Closely Watch Marshmallows – Watch them or they will burn. This is super important! As soon as they begin to brown, take them out of the oven.
- Cool and Serve – Let them cool completely. Cut and serve.
Tip for S’more Bars:
- Use Warm Knife – The s’mores bars can get really sticky to cut. Warm a sharp knife under hot water and dry it off and immediately slice them. This should help making cutting the bars easier.
- Graham Cracker Crust – You can also use graham cracker sheets and a food processor to make your own graham cracker crumbs. I usually do whichever one I can get cheaper when I happen to be making these.
- Baking Dish – This recipe is perfect in a 9×13 baking dish. It really makes the s’mores bars the perfect thickness. You can also a square pan for a thicker bars.
- Line Pan with Foil – You definitely want to line your pan with foil. The chocolate and marshmallows can get a little sticky and messy. The foil will help make clean up much easier.
- Use Disposable Pan – Now, I will tell you another tip that I often do if I really want zero cleanup. I use one of these disposable pans. It’s nice to just be able to toss the dish. Just do what works best for you.
More Variation Ideas:
- Change the Chocolate – Use peanut butter morsels and semi sweet chocolate chips to make peanut butter and chocolate bars. This creates a delicious chocolate topping!
- Peanut Butter Layer – Create a peanut butter layer by mixing in peanut butter morsels to make a peanut butter base in these bars. This is perfect for peanut butter fans and goes great with milk chocolate chips. We have even just used reese’s peanut butter or natural peanut butter.
- Chocolate Topping – Try using dark chocolate for the chocolate topping. That is also tasty.
- Marshmallow Creme – You can use marshmallow creme if you prefer, but we like the way the mini marshmallows melt under the broiler.
- Marshmallows – We used mini marshmallows, but you can use regular marshmallows.
How to Store:
If you have leftover S’mores Bars, store them in an air tight container at room temperature. To reheat them, place them in a microwave safe plate and heat for about 10 seconds.
How to Freeze:
Yes, you can freeze these s’mores bars. In fact these delicious bars freeze really well. Place leftover S’more bars in a freezer safe container. They will stay fresh for up to 2 months.
Once you are ready to serve again, just set them out and let them reach room temperature.
Can I use Different Chocolate?
Yes, you can. We used the traditional Hershey’s Milk Chocolate mini bars but you can definitely use what you have. Here are some we recommend:
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Hershey’s Chocolate Kisses
- Dark Chocolate
- Mini Snicker Bars
- Hot Fudge Syrup or Caramel Syrup
S’mores Bars are a family favorite:
Our family loves these little s’mores bars and the kids go crazy over them. They get so excited when I make these.
It is also really cute for parties. Not only are they tasty but they look so cute on the table.
From holidays to birthday parties and cookouts and game day, these s’mores bars work for just about any occasion. Plus, they are so simple and easy to make.
Print this easy s’mores bars recipe below:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9×13 pan with non-stick butter spray
- In a medium size bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter with a spoon
- Place mixture in the bottom of the baking pan. Distribute the mixture evenly and press down and firmly with your fingers to “pack it” along the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Place in oven and bake for approx. 5 minutes (just until sides begin to get a bit golden brown)
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Lay the Hershey bars on top of the graham cracker mixture – covering up all of the graham cracker as completely as possible.
- Place in oven for approx. 3 minutes (until chocolate just begins to melt and gets shiny)
- Let cool for 1-2 min.
- Place marshmallows on top of the chocolate – pack them in their closely next to each other.
- Turn oven to “broil” – put pan into oven and STARE at them! They only need to be in there for about 2 minutes. Watch them or they will burn. As soon as they begin to brown, take them out of the oven.
- Let them cool completely.
- Cut and serve – (tip: they can get really sticky to cut, warm a sharp knife under hot water, dry it off and immediately slice them).
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe