Everything you love about s’mores is packed into this delicious S’mores Cookies Recipe. Each bite is ooey gooey and so amazing with lots of chocolate, graham crackers, marshmallows and more!
Our family loves making s’mores so I thought why not turn it into a cookie recipe? Each bite of these soft and chewy cookies has so much to love about them! You get the best of both worlds in this bite size cookie with gooey marshmallows.
Another favorite treat to try is Milky Way Cookies.
Table of contents
Why we love this recipe
This simple recipe makes it easy to enjoy all the flavors of smores any day of the week. Anyone can make smores cookies for the perfect treat for parties and more.
- All Purpose Flour
- Crushed Graham Crackers
- Baking Powder – baking soda
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Chocolate Chips. I used semi sweet.
- Mini Marshmallows
- Hershey Milk Chocolate Bars
The entire recipe list can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
How to make S’mores cookies
- Step 1. Preheat Oven – Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Step 2. Whisk together the flour, crushed graham crackers, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Then set aside.
Step 3. Cream the butter and sugars until well combined in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment. Add large egg and vanilla extract and beat well. Add dry ingredients until combined. Then stir in the chocolate chips and scrape the sides.
Step 4. Form the cookie balls. Drop two-ounce cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake. Take cookie sheet out of oven and quickly press four marshmallows and 2-3 chocolate pieces into each cookie.
Step 5. Return to oven and bake for an additional two minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.
Frequently Asked Questions
These cookies don’t last long at my house. Everyone loves the flavor of these cookies. If store at room temperature in an airtight container they will last about 4 days.
Yes, this is the perfect cookie to make ahead of time. Simply make the cookie as indicated. Then scoop into cookie balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer.
Once the cookie dough balls are frozen, then place in a zip lock freezer bag. This is perfect for when you have only want to make a few at a time.
Freezing cookie dough allows you to have fresh bake cookies all the time.
- Measuring Flour – Make sure when measuring out the flour that you use the right amount.
- Classic Taste – When preparing these cookies, we always make sure to grab the mini Hershey Bars to add to these cookies. Any other chocolate bars doesn’t give it that classic smore taste.
- Rest Cookies – When preparing these cookies make sure to let them rest. Leaving the cookies on the cookie just a few minutes after removing from oven, lets them finish cooking.
- Crowd Pleaser – These cookies are always a crowd pleaser. The marshmallow, chocolate bars and graham cracker crumbs makes the perfect cookie for any occasion.
- Silicone Mat or Parchment Paper – Line the baking sheet with one of these to make cleanup easier.
Try these easy s’mores recipes
- Easy Smores Cake Recipe
- S’mores Cupcakes Recipe
- The Best S’mores Cookie Cups
- S’mores Poke Cake Recipe
- S’Mores Campfire Cones
It’s your turn to try this tasty recipe for s’mores cookies. Give it a try and let us know what you think in the comment section.
S’mores Cookies Recipe
- Whisk flour, crushed graham crackers, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Put marshmallows and chunk chocolate on a plate and set aside. Cream the butter and sugars until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat well. Add dry ingredients until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop two ounce cookies onto ungreased baking sheet and bake in 350 degree oven for eight minutes.
- Take cookie sheet out of oven and quickly press four marshmallows and 2-3 chocolate pieces into each cookie.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional two minutes or until marshmallows are brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe