This fudgy Brownie Pie is so gooey with lots of chocolate chips in each bite. It’s baked in a flaky pie crust and even better served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
One bite of this luscious Brownie Pie and you will be hooked. It uses a brownie mix and it’s super easy to make. There is so much wonderful chocolate flavor.
We love any type of brownies and also make Lunch Lady Brownies. You can’t go wrong with chocolate!
What is a brownie pie?
It is a dream for chocolate lovers. Brownies are baked in a pie crust for an amazing treat. The brownies stay gooey in the center thanks to the pie crust.
If you love the middle brownies, this entire pie is that texture. It is absolutely wonderful.
- Pre-made Pie Crust (9 inch)
- Brownie Mix
- Large Egg, room temperature
- Chocolate Chips
How to make a Brownie Pie:
- Step 1. Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2. Get out a pie pan. Place the pre-made pie crust in a pie pan.
- Step 3. Combine the brownie mix. In a large bowl, whisk together the box brownie mix, water and egg.
- Step 4. Add the chocolate chips. Stir in ¾ cup of the chocolate chips to the brownie filling. This chocolate mixture will be amazing.
- Step 5. Spread the batter into the pie crust. Pour the brownie batter into the pie dish.
- Step 6. Top with remaining chocolate chips. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Step 7. Bake the pie brownie. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the brown mix in the pie is set. A toothpick inserted into the center will have moist crumbs.
- Step 8. Remove from the oven. The brownie may not need the entire 30 minutes to bake.
- Step 9. Allow to cool and serve. Let the pie cool slightly, then serve warm with ice cream and chocolate syrup on top. Enjoy!
Jump to recipe below for complete instructions.
How to cut clean slices?
Use a sharp knife to cut the slices. Wipe any brownie residue off the knife with a paper towel before cutting another slice.
Continue to keep the knife clean to ensure each piece is sliced perfectly.
- Vanilla Ice Cream. A scoop of cold ice cream on each slice of fudge brownie pie is absolutely divine.
- Hot fudge or Chocolate Syrup. Drizzle either of these on top for even more chocolate flavor.
- Whipped Cream. Dollop whipped cream on the brownie pie. You can use homemade whipped cream or store bought.
- Caramel Sauce. Drizzle caramel syrup all over the pie when serving.
Cut into small slices and add your favorite toppings. This brownie pie is incredibly rich and small slices are perfect. The toppings are optional but taste amazing with the pie.
Refrigerate the leftovers, covered inside an airtight container, for up to 4 days. It can be served room temperature or reheated if you prefer it warm.
This pie is easy to freeze. Allow to completely cool and then cover in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
Place inside a freezer bag. Freeze the pie up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge when ready to enjoy.
Tips for this pie:
- Don’t overbake the pie. You want the texture to be fudgy and gooey. Overbaking will result in a drier texture that is not as tasty.
- Bake to your preference. You can adjust the cooking time based on how fudge like you prefer it to be.
- Stir the batter until just combined. Do not over mix the batter. Stir until it just combined so you don’t over mix it.
Variations and Substitutions to try:
- Homemade Pie Crust. Instead of a store bought crust, feel free to use homemade pie dough.
- Graham Cracker Crust. Substitute a graham cracker pie crust instead of the regular pie crust. You can use regular or chocolate for more chocolate flavor. Oreo Pie Crust is another tasty option you might like.
- Homemade brownies recipe. You can use a homemade brownie mix if you prefer to make this pie from scratch. The cocoa powder, granulated sugar and more combined for the perfect recipe.
- Chocolate. Substitute the chocolate chips for dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate or even peanut butter chips.
- Nuts. Add chopped pecans or walnuts to the brownie batter. It adds the perfect amount of crunch and even more flavor.
- Blondies. If you plan to use a homemade brownie mix, omit the cocoa powder. Then swap out ¼ cup of the granulated sugar with brown sugar.
- Add-ins. Chop your favorite candy into small pieces and add into the brownie batter. Some ideas include Reece’s Cups, Heath Bars and Butterfingers.
Marshmallow also tastes great. You can add ½ mini marshmallows to the brownie mixture before baking.
What is the difference between a brownie mix and cake mix?
A brownie mix and cake mix are very similar. However, a brownie mix does not have any leavening agents inside this mix.
If you love chocolate, this easy to make pie is a guaranteed hit. Everything you love about brownies is packed into this delicious pie recipe. It is absolutely amazing.
The rich chocolate flavor is so gooey and decadent. We definitely recommend serving it with ice cream!
Print this Brownie Pie Recipe below:
- 1 Pre-made Pie Crust 9 inch
- 1 Brownie Mix 23 ounces
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pre-made pie crust in a pie pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the brown mix, water and egg.
- Stir in ¾ cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie batter into the pie crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the brown mix in the pie is set.
- Remove from the oven.
- Let the pie cool slightly, then serve warm with ice cream and chocolate syrup on top. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe