Butterscotch brownies recipe is a must try dessert for butterscotch fans. Each bite is full of decadent butterscotch morsels and takes brownies to the next level. Add a cup of coffee and you have the best afternoon treat.
Butterscotch Brownies Recipe:
This easy recipe reminds me of this blondie recipe but with delicious butterscotch in every bite. Yum! It is such a fun dessert to make and eat. I think you will be pleasantly surprised just how easy it is to make from scratch.
Impress your family with this homemade recipe for butterscotch brownies. It is the best. The ingredients are simple and you will love the butterscotch flavor these brownies have. My kids love when I make a double batch.
They love to enjoy these at home and take for lunchbox treats. Since they are so easy to make, I never mind making extra. Plus, I am saving money from all of those prepackaged goodies at the store. The butterscotch brownies also taste much better.
- Butter -softened at room temperature
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
- Butterscotch Chips – Yum!
How to Make Butterscotch Brownies:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 2 – Prepared Pan – Next, spray a 9X13 baking pan with cooking spray or you can use parchment paper.
- Step 3 – Combine Ingredients – Now, combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat well.
- Step 4 – Add in Eggs and Vanilla Extract – Once the sugar mixture is well combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- Step 5 – Mix in dry ingredients – Get another bowl out and mix the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt together.
- Step 6 – Combine mixtures together – Gradually stir in the flour mixture into the butter mixture. It is best to do this by hand. Be careful to not overmix this and stir until just combined.
- Step 7 – Mix in Butterscotch Chips – Finally, add the butterscotch chips. Fold them in gently with a spoon.
- Step 8 – Pour batter into pan – Next, spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Oven times vary so I like to use a toothpick inserted into the center to make sure it comes out clean.
- Step 9 – Cool and Enjoy – Let cool and enjoy. Cut into squares and serve.
How to Cut Brownies:
- Cool Brownies Completely – The chewy butterscotch brownies need to cool completely before slicing them.
- Knife – Begin cutting the brownie, cleaning the knife with each slice. We like to cut into medium size squares. We also like to use a plastic knife to cut the brownies.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to scoop out brownie and serve.
Brownies with Butterscotch Chips Recipe Tips:
- Baking Pan – Prepare the baking dish by spraying the pan with cooking spray or line with a parchment paper.
- Mixing Brownie – Don’t over mix the brownie batter. Just mix until the brownie mix is combined.
- Baking Brownies – Be careful to not over bake the brownies. We like the soft center so we like to use the toothpick to check if done.
- Ingredients – When we are mixing the ingredients, it is best if the eggs and butter are at room temperature. The ingredients mix together easily.
- Butterscotch Chips – Carefully mix in the butterscotch chips into the brownie batter. We recommend stirring in with a spoon.
- Cool Completely – To easily cut the brownies we recommend that you cool the brownies completely. Cool the brownies on a wire rack.
- Chocolate Brownies – We love chocolate brownies, but you can mix in cocoa powder and chocolate chips for delicious chocolate flavor.
- Ice Cream – These brownies are perfect served with vanilla ice cream.
- White Chocolate Chips – For added texture and color, mix in some white chocolate chips.
- Toppings – Feel free to add a glaze to the top. You can make a homemade cream cheese frosting for a delicious option.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store the Butterscotch Brownies in an container covered with plastic wrap. You can leave them on the counter or store them in the refrigerator. These brownies will last about a week.
Can you Freeze Butterscotch Brownies?
Yes, you can easily freeze these brownies. Once the brownies have cooled, cut into squares and place in a freezer safe container. If stored properly these brownies will last about 3 months.
When ready to enjoy, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
More Butterscotch Desserts:
- Butterscotch Bars Recipe
- Butterscotch Fudge Recipe
- Butterscotch Pie
- Easy Homemade Butterscotch Cookies Recipe
- Butterscotch Rice Krispie Treats
Print Recipe for Butterscotch Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9X13 baking pan with a nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the four, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- Then gradually stir in the flour mixture into the butter mixture by hand until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Then gently stir in the butterscotch chips.
- Spread the batter into the baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan and then cut, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe