Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars make the best treat and the recipe is so easy. Everything you love about cheesecake combines with chocolate chip cookies for an amazing recipe.
Chocolate chip cheesecake bars Recipe
I love cheesecake and I love chocolate chip cookies. This recipe for these easy Cheesecake Bars are pretty life changing if you ask me. What could be better than combining your favorite desserts into one luscious treat.
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bars only require ingredients and it starts with refrigerated cookie dough. The cream cheese is mixed with sugar, egg, and vanilla to make an amazing cheesecake flavor.
These cheesecake bars would be perfect for the holidays. They are rich, decadent and easy to make. If you love cheesecake but don’t like all the work it takes to make it, makes these easy bars.
How to Serve Cheesecake Bars:
You can cut into cheesecake bars as small or big as you like. If you need to feed a crowd or have children that need smaller portions, just cut into small squares. Because they are so rich in flavor, I tend to cut into smaller size.
It is super easy to make work for what you need. We recommend lining the baking dish with parchment paper, so you can easily remove the prepared bars.
Then place on a cutting board and cut cheesecake in your desired size with a sharp knife.
- Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Cream Cheese
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars:
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Step 2 – Take half of the cookie dough and press it into the bottom of the pan. This is to create the crust of the cheesecake bars.
- Step 3 – Then cream together ingredients on high speed with a hand held mixer or stand up the mixer. The cream cheese and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Step 4 – Reduce the speed to medium and add in the egg and the vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Step 5 – Spread the creamy cheesecake layer mixture onto of the crust in the 8X8 baking pan.
- Step 6 – Crumble the remaining dough over the top of the cheesecake filling.
- Step 7 – Bake uncovered for 30 minutes to 40 minutes until set, golden brown and slightly firm.
- Step 8 – Allow the mixture to cool completely at room temperature and then chill in the refrigerator before cutting and serving.
- Step 9 – Chill the bars for a minimum of 4 hours but overnight is ideal so that they can fully set.
Cheesecake Bars Tips:
- Cream Cheese Mixture – Do not overmix the cream cheese mixture. Mix the ingredients until they are light and fluffy.
- Cool Completely – To prevent the cheesecake mixture from cracking after baking, we recommend cooling completely before serving.
- Refrigerate – After the mixture has cool, place in the refrigerator. We recommend refrigerating the cheesecake mixture overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Smaller Bars – Because these cheesecake bars are so rich in flavor, I like to cut in smaller portions. Remove the chocolate chip cheesecake from the pan, and cut with a sharp knife.
- Room Temperature Ingredients – Before mixing the cream cheese with the other ingredients, make sure it has been softened to room temperature.
- Bake Bars – Bake the prepared chocolate chip cheesecake for about 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Baking Dish – I usually make the chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars in a 8×8 pan. But if I am bringing it to a party, I will double the recipe. Then I will use a 9 x 13 pan.
- Use parchment paper. – Line the baking pan with parchment paper as it makes it easier to remove the cheesecake bars from the pan.
Can I Add Mix-Ins to these Bars?
Yes, you can add Mix-Ins to these Cheesecake Bars. Try these suggestions or add what you prefer.
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chopped up Candy Bars
- Toffee Pieces
- Chopped Pecans or Sliced Almonds
- White Chocolate Chips
Do Cheesecake Bars need to be Refrigerated?
Yes, store any leftover cheesecake bars in the refrigerated. If the Cheesecake bars are not being served, we recommend placing in the refrigerator.
The Perfect Holiday Dessert:
If you are looking for an easy dessert to make for the holidays or a party, make these cheesecake bars. These bars are budget friendly and a crowd favorite.
We love cheesecake and chocolate chip cookie dough and combining them together makes for the ultimate dessert.
How Long do Homemade Cheesecake Bars keep?
If stored properly in the refrigerator, the bars will last about 5 days.
Can you Make the Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough?
Yes, instead of using pre-made cookie dough you can make homemade cookie dough to make these bars. If you have the brown sugar, all purpose flour, sugar, and butter you can easily can make the cookie dough.
You can even prepare the cookie dough ahead of time to save time and preparing these bars.
How to Store Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars:
Place the chocolate chip cheesecake bars in the air tight container. If you leave the cheesecake bars in the baking dish, make sure to cover with plastic wrap. These cheesecake bars will last about 5 days.
Can you Freeze Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars?
You can freeze these chocolate chip cheesecake bars for up to 2 months. This would be the perfect dessert to plan ahead for the holidays. Store the bars in a freezer safe container.
Once you are ready to serve again, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Print Easy Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars recipe:
Chocolate chip cheesecake bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Take half of the cookie dough and press it into the bottom of the pan to create the crust of the cheesecake bars.
- Then cream together on high speed with a hand held mixer or stand up the mixer, the cream cheese and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to medium and add in the egg and the vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto of the crust in the 8X8 baking pan.
- Crumble the remaining cookie dough over the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes until set and slightly firm.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely at room temperature and then chill in the refrigerator before cutting and serving. Chill the bars for a minimum of 4 hours but overnight is ideal so that they can fully set.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More cheesecake bars to try:
- Oreo Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- Slutty Cheesecake Bars
- German Chocolate Cake Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Easy Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites Recipe
More chocolate chip desserts:
- Chocolate Chip Pizookie Recipe
- Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Rice Krispies Recipe