This Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups recipe is a must try for peanut butter fans. Rich chocolate and creamy peanut butter make a decadent treat everyone will enjoy.
Each bite of Chocolate Peanut Butter cups literally melts in your mouth. You are going to love how amazing this no bake recipe is, and I promise it is really simple too.
Table of Contents
Why we love this recipe:
- Simple Ingredients. The recipe consists of easy ingredients.
- Creamy Texture. The pb cups taste so delicious.
- Easy to make. Anyone can make this recipe for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Unsalted Butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet or Milk
- Milk Chocolate Candy Bars
Find the complete ingredient list at the bottom of the post.
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. Substitute dark chocolate chips in the recipe and it is so good. Milk Chocolate or Semi-Sweet Chocolate is also a good option.
- White Chocolate – We have even used white chocolate chips for a change.
- Drizzle Chocolate – They are also really pretty if you drizzle some white chocolate on top of the milk chocolate. You can also drizzle the milk chocolate on the white.
- Powdered Sugar – You can also sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top of the chocolate.
- Peanut Butter – Try making homemade peanut butter or use natural peanut butter.
- Crunchy Peanut Butter – For a crunchy texture, use crunchy peanut butter or mix in some chopped up pretzels.
- Almond Butter – If you can’t use peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter works great also. Nutella is also a good option to substitute for peanut butter.
- Perfect for Dessert Trays – I make an assortment of milk chocolate, dark chocolate and white chocolate. They look so pretty on a dessert tray for parties. Everyone always wants the recipe and they just can’t believe how easy it is.
- Mini Muffins – Make the chocolate peanut butter cups in mini muffin tins.
- Dried Fruit – For a fruity flavor mix in some dried fruit or shredded coconut.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Step 1 – First, go ahead and add cupcake liners to the muffin pan and set aside.
Step 2. Get out a medium bowl and mix together part of the peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar and salt until smooth.
Step 3. Use a microwave safe bowl and melt the chocolate chips, chocolate bar and peanut butter.
Step 4. Continue to heat in intervals until melted. Make sure to stir the melted chocolate in between each interval. You can use a double boiler if you prefer.
Step 5. Divide the chocolate into the liners.
Step 6. Add the peanut butter filling on top of each tin.
Step 7. Add remaining chocolate on top and refrigerate until set. Serve and enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions
These chocolate peanut butter cups are best to keep in the refrigerator in a air-tight container. They are the perfect chocolate treat any time of the year. If stored properly they will last up to two weeks.
They do get melty pretty fast if set out at room temperature too long. I keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. If not serving, place in the refrigerator.
Yes, Homemade Peanut Butter Cups can be frozen. Once the peanut butter cups have set, they are ready to be frozen. Store in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
This chocolate candy is great straight from the freezer.
These Homemade Peanut Butter cups will last up to two weeks. This the perfect candy to make ahead of time and store in the refrigerator. If I am planning on making these for the holidays, I like to go ahead make this candy.
I do a lot of holiday baking and this is one of my favorite candy to make.
Tips for Making Peanut Butter Cups:
- Peanut Butter Layer – Peanut Butter mixture can be rolled into balls then flattened before adding on top of chocolate, or add with spoon. Just do what you prefer.
- Melting Chocolate – When melting the chocolate, make sure to heat in 30 second intervals then stir. This will help it melt slower and not burn the chocolate. If you prefer you can add some coconut oil to melt the chocolate.
- Cookie Scoop – We like to use a cookie scoop to scoop the chocolate into the prepared muffin tin. This helps to make sure that the cups are even.
- Keep Cold – Make sure to store the peanut butter cups in the refrigerator. They will begin to melt if stored at room temperature for to long.
More Easy Candy Recipes
Go ahead and make this easy recipe. Please leave a comment and star recipe rating once you do.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Add cupcake liners to muffin tin and set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine ½ cup peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar and salt until smooth
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips, chocolate bars and remaining peanut butter
- Heat for 1 minute, then stir. Continue heating for 10-20 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating and stopping just before chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted
- Using a cookie dough scoop, add chocolate into paper liners
- Top each with about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter mixture ** see notes
- Add remaining chocolate on top
- Place in refrigerator to set
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to serve
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe