Christmas dirt cups recipe is a really fun treat to make for the holidays. These individual cups include decadent layers of pudding, cookies and more. Each cup is topped with a Little Debbie Christmas tree for a festive dessert.
Christmas dirt cups recipe
Oh my goodness. This is the absolute cutest treat. Don’t you love these little dirt cups with Christmas trees?
I think these would be darling for class parties or anytime you need individual serving size desserts. I love how everyone can grab and go.
Plus, they just look stunning in the clear cups. You can see all the pretty layers.
You will love how easy the recipe is. It packs a big wow factor for very little work. Sounds like a winner to me.
We make these easy dirt cups year round and this Christmas recipe is so fun.
- Golden Oreo Cookies
- Cool Whip
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix – We used vanilla but white chocolate would be delicious too.
- Milk. Whole milk will give the pudding the richest flavor.
- Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes
- Christmas Sprinkles. You can use any type you prefer. I think it would be fun to use some with shapes such as Christmas trees or stars.
How to make Christmas dirt cups
- First, get out a medium mixing bowl and whisk together the pudding mix and the milk. Put this in the fridge until set. It normally takes about 10 minutes.
- Second, fold in the cool whip until it is combined with the pudding really good. Place this in the fridge for about 20 minutes so the mixture can chill.
- While you wait for the filling to set, use a food processor to crush the Oreo cookies. If you don’t have one, just put them inside a ziplock bag. You can use a rolling pin or wooden spoon to crush them.
- Now, it is time to assemble the dirt pudding cups. We used clear plastic cups so you can see the layers. Fill each one with the pudding mixture about ⅓ of the way full.
- Next, add a little bit of the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Keep repeating the layers in each of the cups. Just make sure to top with the pudding mix so they look like snow on top.
- Finally, decorate with the sprinkles. Add a Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake on top of each cup.
How to store Christmas dirt cups:
Refrigerate until you are ready to serve. Leftovers can be stored inside an airtight container for up to 5 to 7 days.
If you are like our family, you probably will not have any leftovers. Everyone eats this dessert pretty fast.
Can you make in advance?
These are best served the same day that they are prepared. However, you can make them up to 24 hours in advance if you need to.
Don’t put the sprinkles or Little Debbie Christmas tree on top until you serve them. You do not want them to get too soggy or the Christmas trees will fall over. Also, the sprinkles will blend into the topping and start to run.
Tips and tricks for Christmas Tree dirt cups:
- Cups. Make sure to use clear cups so you can see the pretty layers.
- Christmas trees. Chocolate fans might want to substitute chocolate Christmas tree cakes in this recipe. It is an easy way to change the flavor of each pudding cup.
- Pudding. Try other flavors of pudding. You can easily substitute chocolate pudding, white chocolate or anything you like for the vanilla pudding.
- Make sure to use Instant Pudding. It is important to use instant pudding or the dirt cake mixture might end up runny. The instant pudding helps the mixture to set.
- Oreo cookies. Any flavor of cookies can be used in this dirt cake recipe. Traditional Oreo cookies taste delicious or try flavors such as peanut butter, red velvet and more.
- Cool Whip. Frozen whipped topping needs to completely thaw before using.
- Food coloring. You can use food dye to make the pudding layer different colors.
- Seasons. Try making Halloween dirt cups with gummy worms to enjoy this even more during the year. It is very simple to make work for other holidays, events and occasions.
We love Christmas oreo dirt cups.
These cute cups of delicious pudding look fabulous layered. Not only is it delicious but it looks pretty. You will love making a dirt cup for everyone to enjoy.
Plus, the entire recipe comes together quickly. You do not need many ingredients or time to make this dirt dessert.
Try Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dirt Cups.
I can’t wait for you to make this fun dessert. It is really fabulous and so delicious.
They look so adorable and will be the hit of your next Christmas party. Make these today for a special but easy treat. You’re going to love them.
More Little Debbie Christmas Tree desserts
Print this Christmas Oreo Dirt cup recipe:
Christmas Dirt Cups
- 25 Golden Oreo Cookies
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- 1 box Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (3.3 oz)
- 2 cups Milk
- 12 Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Whisk together the pudding mix and the milk in a medium size bowl. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes or until set.
- Then fold in the cool whip until well combined. The refrigerate for about 20 minutes to chill the mixture.
- While the pudding is chilling, place the Oreos in a food processor or blender until the cookies are crushed until fine.
- Then assemble the cups!
- Fill up small cups with the pudding mixture until their approximately ⅓ of the way full.
- Top with a small amount of the crushed Oreos. Repeat these layers in all of the cups. Make sure to top with the pudding mix to look like snow on top.
- Decorate with the sprinkles and Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Christmas desserts:
- Easy Christmas Fudge
- Christmas Bark Recipe
- Reindeer Chow
- Christmas Puppy Chow Recipe
- How to Make Christmas Tree Brownies
- Easy Christmas Wreath Cookies
- Christmas Crack Recipe
Also, see more Easy Dessert Cup Recipes.