Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip is a festive treat to make this holiday season. This delicious Christmas tree cake dip is fast and easy and so decadent.
What is Christmas Tree Cake Dip?
Fans of the popular Little Debbie snack cakes will go crazy over this new dip recipe. It combines everything you love about the classic Christmas tree cakes into a rich dip with cream cheese and more.
Not only does it taste amazing but it looks so gorgeous. Whip this up for a snack or dessert perfect for parties, movie night and more. It is easy enough to make anytime the mood strikes.
If you love Little Debbie christmas trees, also try Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Ice cream Recipe and Copycat Little Debbie Christmas Tree Brownies.
What are Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes?
They are prepacked individual snack cakes shaped like a Christmas tree. The outside is coated in icing and sprinkles. The inside has delicious cake.
This is a simple snack cake but one that surpasses time. It is a classic treat and a holiday tradition for many. Once the stores put these cakes out, people grab them fast.
Why we Love this Christmas Tree Dip:
- Easy Ingredients – The Ingredients are simple and can easily purchase at the store.
- Simple to Make – We love the easy process of this quick dip. The dip looks fancy but only took minutes to prepare.
- Perfect Holiday Dip – We love bringing this dip to all of our holiday parties. Perfect as an appetizer or a dessert.
- Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes. We used vanilla cakes but you can substitute the chocolate Christmas tree cakes.
- Cream Cheese. This needs to be softened so that it blends easier.
- Vanilla Extract
- Cool Whip. Any whipped topping is fine. You can use store brand or anything you prefer. Feel free to substitute light whipped topping in this recipe.
- Christmas Sprinkles. This is optional but looks really festive on top with red and green sprinkles. It makes it such a festive dip. I like to use the smaller sprinkles but you can use anything you prefer.
How to Make Christmas Tree Cake Dip:
- Place ingredients in bowl – First, put all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix ingredients together – Next, use a hand held mixer to mix everything until it is well combined. The cream cheese milk and vanilla will not be completely smooth and that is ok.
- Keep Blending – The dip will have a few lumps of the cake in it but will be mostly smooth. As you blend the cakes cream cheese milk together, keep this in mind.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve the dip cold with sprinkles on top and your favorite dippers.
You might want to make a double batch because it is so amazing. Friends and family will go crazy over this.
What Dippers to Serve:
- Pretzels – You can use any type you prefer. We used sticks but twists would be delicious too.
- Vanilla wafers. – We love adding vanilla wafers to the cookie tray. They taste amazing with the dip.
- Animal crackers – This is a classic cookie that dips perfectly.
- Graham crackers – You can use plan graham crackers or even get the cinnamon sugar ones.
- Fruit – Strawberries and apple slices are really good with this dip.
- Cookies – Ideas include chocolate chip, ginger snap and sugar cookies.
How long does Christmas Tree Dip last?
If stored properly, this Christmas Tree Dip will last about a week. Make sure to store in the refrigerator so it stays fresh for an easy snack.
How to store:
Refrigerate until ready to serve in a serving bowl. It will keep up to 5 to 7 days in the fridge.
Serve cold topped with the sprinkles with your favorite dippers and enjoy. Just make sure to wait to add the sprinkles if you are making this in advance.
The sprinkles will run into the dip if you sprinkle them too early. The taste of the dip will not change but the look of the dip will. This is definitely something to keep in mind if serving for a party.
Christmas Tree Cake Dip Tips and Tricks:
- Chop Tree Cakes – Chop the Christmas tree cakes before mixing. This will help the dip have a smoother texture.
- Room Temperature Cream Cheese – Allow the cream cheese to soften at room temperature. I normally just sit the cream cheese on the counter while I am getting everything together for the recipe.
- Thaw Cool Whip – The cool whip needs to be completely thawed before mixing with the other ingredients. You do not want any frozen bits of whipped topping in the dip.
- Chocolate Substitute – Substitute the chocolate Christmas cakes for a new flavor. Chocolate fans will love this idea.
- Add a Topping – Top the dip with a Little Debbie Christmas tree for garnishment. It just adds to it and gives it a festive touch.
- Making in Advance – If you are making this dip in advance, wait to add the sprinkles until right before serving. Otherwise it will run into the dip and look messy.
- Food Processor Option – The dip will have pieces of cake in it. If you prefer a smoother texture, use a food processor instead of a hand mixer to blend the dip. This is really about personal preference and either way is fine.
Can I use Other Types of Little Debbie Cakes?
Yes, in addition to the chocolate Christmas tree cakes, there are varieties year round.
You can make this dip with Little Debbie birthday cakes, zebra cakes, other seasonal cakes and more. This is one of our favorite dessert recipes and we try to make it year round.
Feel free to use other types of Little Debbie cakes so you can make this year round too. I think you will love it. We even make a Christmas Dirty Cake using Little Debbie Cakes.
More Little Debbie Christmas Tree Desserts
Print Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip Recipe:
Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip
- 5 Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- ⅓ cup Milk
- Christmas Sprinkles optional
- Place all the ingredients in a large mix bowl. Mix with a hand held mixer until well combined and mostly smooth. Note: There will be some lumps of the cake in the dip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve cold topped with the sprinkles with your favorite dippers and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe