Christmas Oreo Balls make the best treat during the holiday season. The decadent filling and rich chocolate coating combine for a super easy recipe.
These Oreo cookie balls take very little time to make but turn out fabulous. It is so easy with just cream cheese and crushed Oreo cookies in the middle.
The truffles are dipped in chocolate and topped with Christmas sprinkles. It is so yummy and really festive.
These no bake treats look stunning on the dessert table every year when I make them. We love to make a tiered tray of Oreo Balls, Buckeye balls and Red velvet cake balls, or Snowman Oreo Balls Recipe.
Table of Contents
Why this recipe is a hit:
With only a few ingredients, it is very simple to make. No need to heat up the oven and the entire process is quick and easy. The rich filling and chocolate coating taste so decadent.
- Cream Cheese
- Oreo Cookies
- Chocolate Dipping Chips
- White Chocolate Dipping Chips
- Green Candy Melts
- Red Candy Melts
You can find the complete ingredient list and instructions at the bottom of the post.
- Almond Bark. Substitute this for the chocolate chips if preferred.
- Dark Chocolate. Try using dark chocolate to coat the Oreo Balls for another delicious flavor.
- Sprinkles. Enjoy these year round by simply changing the sprinkles. The options are endless for sprinkles.
- Candy Melts. Try other colors for holidays and other occasions. Pink and Red would be pretty for Valentine’s Day. Pastels for Spring or Easter.
- Cake Pop. Insert a lollipop stick into the Oreo balls before dipping into chocolate. Kids will love these Oreo Cake Pops.
- Crushed candy. Top each one with crushed candy canes or peppermints for a tasty mint flavor.
- Oreo Flavors. Traditional is my favorite but it is fun to use other types of Oreo cookies in this recipe. Some ideas include the ones with mint filling or chocolate filling.
- Crushed cookies. Crush a few extra Oreo cookies and top the truffles with Oreo crumbs. This especially looks pretty against the ones coated in white chocolate.
How to make Oreo Balls for Christmas:
- Step 1. Prepare a baking sheet. Line a cutting board or baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2. Crush the cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor.
Step 3. Mix together cream cheese and crushed cookies with an electric mixer.
Step 4. Mix until combined in a large mixing bowl. You can use a stand mixer if you prefer to combine.
Step 5. Make the Oreo Balls into 1-inch balls. Roll until it is smooth. Place them on the prepared pan and then place them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Step 6. Melt both of the dipping chocolate melting wafers in 2 separate bowls. Microwave for 1 minute stirring and repeating until melted.
Step 7. Dip into chocolate using a fork to completely coat. Shake off excess chocolate and return to the lined baking sheet. Dip half of the Oreo balls in the melted chocolate and the other half in the melted white chocolate.
Step 8. Continue to dip in chocolate and then add the sprinkles.
Step 9. Then melt the candy melts in 2 separate bowls by microwaving them in 30 second intervals. Make sure to stir after each one.
Step 10. Drizzle all over the oreo truffles.
Step 11. Continue to drizzle the melted candy until all the truffles have been decorated. Allow to harden and set.
Tips and Tricks:
- Cookie Scoop. I prefer to make the Oreo balls using a cookie scoop. It makes it easy to form and ensures they are the correct size.
- Softened Cream Cheese. The simple mixture is easier to combine when the cream cheese has been softened.
- Full Fat. Now isn’t the time to substitute reduced fat cream cheese. The Oreo balls will have the best flavor and texture using full fat cream cheese.
- Food Processor. It is quickest and easiest to crush the cookies using a food processor. However, if you do not have one just crush them inside a ziplock bag. Seal the bag and pound with a rolling pin or back of a wooden spoon until finely crushed.
- Parchment Paper. The baking sheet is much easier to clean if lined with parchment paper. This will help with any excess chocolate.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is easiest to dip the Oreo balls if you freeze them for 15 minutes to 30 minutes. Then use a fork to dip each one into the melted chocolate.
Try to remove any excess chocolate by shaking the fork gently.
This is very simple. Just use a fork and dip into the melted candy. Using a back and forth motion, to drizzle the chocolate on top of the Oreo balls.
You can use more than one color to make a pretty design.
The oreo truffles can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 week. However, if you live in a humid area, you may want to store them in the refrigerator to prevent the chocolate from melting.
Yes, you can freeze these. There are two options.
Freeze the coated Oreo balls. I would use wax paper in between the layers so they don’t stick. This will also help them to stay intact.
Freeze the uncoated Oreo balls. Make the balls ahead of time and freeze. When ready to use, finish dipping in chocolate and store in a single layer. This will save you some of the prep work during the holidays.
Learn how to Freeze Oreo Balls for more tips.
More Christmas Desserts:
- Christmas Fudge recipe
- Christmas Cake Pops Recipe
- Easy Christmas tree brownies
- Christmas Wreath Cookies
Once you try them, you will be hooked. Please leave a comment and star recipe rating once you make these Oreo Balls.
Christmas Oreo Balls
- Line a cutting board or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Finely crush Oreos in a food processor.
- Combine cream cheese and crushed cookies until well blended in a large mixing bowl.
- Form the mixture into 1″ balls and place them on the prepared sheet.
- Place them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat both of the dipping chocolates in 2 separate bowls by microwaving for 1 minute stirring and repeating until melted.
- Using a fork, dip each ball into chocolate to completely coat. Shake off excess and return to the tray. Dip half of the Oreo balls in the melted chocolate and the other half in the melted white chocolate.
- Top some of the Oreo balls with the Christmas Sprinkles before the chocolate hardens. Then allow the chocolate to harden at room temperature.
- Then melt the candy melts in 2 separate bowls by microwaving them in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until fully melted.
- Drizzle over the chocolate balls without the sprinkles. Allow to harden and then they are ready to enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe