Try this fun and festive treat and make Christmas tree brownies. They are really easy and perfect for Christmas parties.
If you are looking for a fun treat to make for the holidays, Brownie Christmas Trees are the easiest idea and so yummy. It starts with a box mix of brownies although you could make homemade brownies and easily turn them into adorable Christmas trees!
Every year I make Christmas Tree Cupcakes and Christmas Tree Cake Pops for my Christmas party. These brownies pair perfectly and also would be great for a work party or any holiday party. You can even serve them at cookie exchanges for something different.
Table of Contents
Why this recipe is perfect for the holidays:
- This brownie recipe is so cute without much work.
- Festive Christmas trees make the perfect treat.
- Absolutely delicious and packed with chocolate flavor.
- Box fudge brownie mix
- Green frosting bag for decorating
- Multi color sprinkles
- Star sprinkles
- Pretzel sticks
- Brownies. You can make homemade brownie if you want.
- Frosting. Instead of store bought, you can also make homemade buttercream frosting recipe.
- M&M’s. You can use yellow M&M’s for the star if you can’t find yellow sprinkles.
- White icing. You can use white icing and green food coloring.
- Peppermint. Add crushed peppermint candy on top to make peppermint brownies.
How to make Christmas tree brownies:
Step 1. Make and bake the brownie batter according to the box instructions in a square pan. You can also line the pan with foil or parchment paper before pouring the batter and spray with cooking spray. This will make it easier to lift the brownies out of the pan once out of the oven.
Step 2. Allow the brownies to cool completely. Then cut the brownies into triangles with diagonal cuts. Place one of the pretzel sticks into the bottom of the brownie triangle. This will be the base of the Christmas tree.
Step 3. Next, use the green frosting to trace the outer line of the tree. This will help you to be able to fill in with a straight line.
Step 4. The last step is to decorate each tree. Add the sprinkles all over and the star up top. Let this sit for at least 10 minutes to set.
Step 5. Serve and enjoy these delicious and fun treats.
- Try using a a plastic disposable knife to cut the brownies. They will cut better, and the edges will look cleaner.
- If there is any brownie residue on the knife, wipe it off with a paper towel before cutting the next brownie.
- Christmas tree trunk- Pretzels work great but you can also use peppermint sticks. I think a candy cane trunk would be so cute.
- Make sure to insert the tree base before decorating! If you try to do it after, it will be difficult with the icing.
- Triangles not perfect? You can trim the edges if needed using a sharp knife.
- Icing- If you aren’t using the store bought green icing that comes in a bag, I would suggest putting the homemade icing in a ziploc plastic bag and cutting the corner off. You can easily draw the outline of the tree this way. You can also use a piping bag.
Try these other easy Christmas desserts:
- Easy Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats
- Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Copycat Little Debbie Christmas Tree Brownies
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies recipe
- Christmas Cookies in a jar
- Easy Grinch Cookies Recipe
These easy Christmas tree brownies are sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face this Christmas. Give the Christmas Brownies a try and leave a comment once you do.
Christmas Tree Brownies
- 1 box fudge brownie mix + ingredient on box or use my homemade brownie recipe
- 1 green frosting bag for decorating or you can make my homemade buttercream frosting recipe
- 1 container of multi colors sprinkles
- 1 container of star sprinkles use yellow M&ms, if you can’t find them
- Pretzel sticks
- Spray 8×8 pan and flour it so that the brownies will come out clean.
- Cook brownies as directed on back of box.
- Cool slightly and scrape around edge of pan and flip onto a sheet of parchment paper.
- Let it completely cool before cutting out tree shape brownies.
- Cut the brownies into triangles.
- Insert the pretzel sticks into the bottom of the triangle to make the base of the tree.
- Frost an outer line of the tree and then fill in.
- Decorate the trees with any color of sprinkles and then let them sit for 10 minutes to set.
- If you cannot find a yellow star sprinkle, use a yellow M&M
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe