Each bite of Deep fried cheesecake recipe is creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside. The recipe is so easy and we have the best tips and tricks.
Deep fried cheesecake recipe
Cheesecake is always a good idea and this deep fried version is a real treat. It is actually very easy to make and you will be pleasantly surprised how quick this is.
Do you want to know the secret? The recipe starts with frozen cheesecake! No need to buy all the supplies for a cheesecake such as cream cheese and a graham cracker crumbs. Use a frozen cheesecake instead.
Not only does it reduce the time it takes to make this recipe but it also helps it to hold its shape while frying. The results? A fabulous dessert that is so decadent and absolutely amazing. This cheesecake is seriously out of this world amazing.
I love the combination of creamy and crispy. It is divine.
What does Fried Cheesecake taste like?
Deep Fried Cheesecake is a completely different taste and texture than regular cheesecake. I have a few family members that do not like cheesecake but will eat these since they do taste different.
The texture is different as it is like a warm cream puffs that is next level. These cheesecake bites are so creamy on the inside but have the perfect crispy crust.
Ingredients for fried cheesecake
- Frozen Cheesecake
- Pancake mix – any kind will work but we love this easy homemade pancake mix.
- Vegetable oil plus more for frying
- Powdered sugar
How to make deep fried cheesecake:
- First, cut the frozen cheesecake into small pieces. I normally do bite size 1 inch squares.
- You want to try to trim off some of the graham cracker crust so that most of your square is cheesecake mixture.
- Once the pieces are cut, put them back in the freezer until you are ready to deep fry them. You don’t want to leave them sitting out or they will become soft.
- Go ahead and heat the oil in a pot that is deep. You need to temperature to be 360 degrees. A deep fry thermometer is so handy.
- Mix the pancake mix, egg, milk, 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Combine this really well.
- Finally, get the cheesecake bites out of the freezer and dip into the batter. Make sure to let the excess batter drip into the bowl.
- Put the coated slices into the hot oil. They will need to cook for a few minutes turning occasionally with a slotted spoon until they are golden brown. This does not take long and usually only about 3 or 4 minutes.
- I like to line a plate or a baking sheet with a paper towel and this will help to soak up the grease as you take the cheesecake out of the fryer. A wire rack also works great too.
- After coming out of the fryer and cooling for a bit, I take about ¼ cup of powdered sugar and dusted powdered sugar on top of the cheesecake bites.
Topping ideas for fried cheesecake bites:
- Drizzle strawberry sauce. We love this quick and easy homemade Strawberry Sauce Recipe.
- Blueberry sauce – This is so easy and really delicious with cheesecake.
- Top cheesecake bites with chocolate sauce. This one is my favorite.
- Hot fudge – Homemade Hot fudge is amazing.
- Caramel sauce – Our favorite is this homemade caramel sauce.
- Peanut Butter sauce- Try this easy homemade peanut butter topping.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar all over.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle on the cheesecake.
- You can also top with whipped cream. Yum!
- Check out all of our Cheesecake Toppings ideas.
Sometimes, I will make a couple of different toppings and let my family choose. They always get excited about a topping bar!
However, we have also just kept it really simple and sprinkled with powdered sugar. You simply can’t go wrong with this delicious recipe.
Tips for Fried cheesecake:
- Try other types of cheesecake. Some tasty ideas include: chocolate chip, oreo or strawberry swirl.
- This is also a great way to use leftover cheesecake. Just pop in the freezer so it is the right texture.
- Enjoy these fresh. They are best served soon after frying.
- Make sure the oil is not too hot or the outside will get too brown.
- Roll the cheesecake in a tortilla instead of using pancake batter. Fry as normal.
Can you re-heat leftover fried cheesecake?
It is best to eat these right from the frying pan. But if you do have leftovers, they will last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To reheat pop in the microwave for about 30 seconds or just eat them cold.
Try these Easy Fried Cheesecake Bites!
You will be amazed how easy they are to make and they are perfect to prepare for you next holiday party. I love when my kids have their friends over and I prepare a cheesecake bar for dessert.
I set out the different toppings and have fun watching them come up with their own creations of cheesecake bites. This is a must try even if you are not a huge fan of cheesecake.
Print this recipe for deep fried cheesecake:
Deep fried cheesecake
- 1 Frozen Cheesecake
- 1.5 cups pancake mix any kind will work
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil plus more for frying
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Cut the frozen cheesecake into small 1 inch squares. If the cheesecake as a thick graham crack crust, trim off some of the crust so that most of the insert will be the cheesecake mixture. Place the frozen cheesecake pieces into the freezer until you’re ready to fry them.
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a deep pot until the oil reaches 360 degrees F.
- Place the pancake mix, egg, milk, 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and vanilla extract in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Dip each cheesecake piece into the batter (let the excess batter drip into bowl), then place in the oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown all over.
- Place the cheesecake bites on a serving plate lined with a paper towel to soak up the excess grease.
- Serve with strawberry dipping sauce and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe