Edible cookie dough is a dream come true. If you love eating cookie dough, this recipe is a must try. Enjoy decadent cookie dough that is edible and the perfect snack or dessert.
My kids and I love eating cookie dough when making homemade chocolate chip cookies. Now, you can enjoy edible cookie dough without the raw eggs and getting any harmful bacteria with this recipe.
Table of Contents
Can You Make Edible Cookie Dough?
Yes, you can and it is so good. This egg free dough tastes like the real deal but is safe to eat. I think it tastes identical to chocolate chip cookie dough.
Follow these easy steps to create cookie dough that everyone can enjoy safely. This recipe makes the perfect bite size treat.
- All Purpose Flour – heat-treated flour is best
- Uunsalted butter – softened at room temperature
- Light Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chips
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom for the recipe card.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Mini Chocolate Chips – Feel free to use different types of chocolate chips. We have even added in white chocolate chips. We love using mini ones as it provides the perfect amount of texture.
- Sprinkles – Feel free to add in fun sprinkles if you are making these for a special occasion.
- Favorite Mix-Ins – Add any mix-ins that you prefer. Chopped nuts is also a great addition.
- Peanut Butter Cookies – We also like peanut butter cookie dough. You can reduce part of the butter and add a little bit of peanut butter to the recipe.
- Ice cream add in – Mix this into vanilla ice cream and make your own cookie dough ice cream flavors.
How to Make Edible Cookie Dough:
Step 1 – Beat together the butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl. You can use a hand held mixer or stand mixer.
Step 2 – Once this is well combined, add in the milk and beat until mixed.
Step 3 – Stir in the flour by hand and gently fold in the chocolate chips.
Step 4 – Roll the dough into balls then serve and enjoy.
How to Treat the Flour:
Heat treated flour is best to ensure the recipe is the safest to eat. You can purchase heat treated flour. But it is often pretty hard to find as not many brands or stores carry it.
You can put the flour in a microwave safe bowl and microwave a few minutes. The flour needs to reach 165 degrees. You can check this by using an instant read thermometer.
If you prefer to use your oven. Put the flour on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees. This will prevent you from having to eat raw flour.
Tips and Tricks:
- Softening Cookie Dough – The cookie dough gets harder in the refrigerator due to the butter solidifying. Allow the cookie dough to sit at room temperature for a few minutes and it will soften. It does not take long at all.
- Cookie Scoop – Save time and use a cookie scoop to make the dough balls. You can make a bunch super fast and I like how they are all the same size.
- Mixing Ingredients – Mix ingredients together with a hand mixer or electric mixer. Then stir in chocolate chips by hand until everything is combined. You may need to use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides.
Can I Bake this Cookie Dough?
This cookie dough is not made to be baked. Since there is no eggs, the cookies would be flat if you tried to bake them.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store up to 5 days in fridge inside an air tight container.
You can also freeze this up to 3 months. I Like to make a double batch and put some in the freezer. It is so handy having a container ready to enjoy in the freezer.
If stored in an airtight container, these edible chocolate chip balls will last about a week.
More No Bake Desserts:
- No Bake Hershey Pie Recipe
- Easy No Bake Cookies Recipe
- No Bake Cinnamon Corn Flake Cereal Bars Recipe
If you make this Easy Edible Cookie Dough Recipe, make sure to leave us a comment or a star review. We Love hearing from you.
Edible Cookie Dough
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, sugars and vanilla extract with a hand held mixer or stand up mixer. Then add in the milk and beat until combined.
- Then stir in the flour by hand. Add more milk at this time depending on the consistency of your cookie dough.
- Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls or serve as is.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
- Recipe Notes:
- The cookie dough will be harder in the refrigerator as the butter solidifies. Let the cookie dough sit a room temperature for a few minutes and it will soften.
- *Refrigerate in an air tight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe