No Bake Hershey Pie only calls for 3 ingredients and is one of the easiest recipes. This pie is so light and fluffy with a ton of decadent chocolate. Make this easy no bake pie for an amazing dessert.
This easy recipe No Bake Pie only requires 3 Easy Ingredients that you can easily find at the store. The next time you need an easy but delicious pie, make this Hershey Pie. This is the perfect chocolate lover’s dream pie.
Table of Contents
What is the Best Crust to use?
In this recipe we used a graham cracker pie crust. But you can easily change it to a Oreo Pie Crust. This Hershey Chocolate pie is delicious with a homemade crust too.
- Pre-made Graham Cracker Crust
- Regular Size Hershey’s Chocolate Bars
- Cool Whip, thawed
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Pie Crust – We used a pre-made store bought graham cracker crust. You can make your own graham cracker crust if you prefer. Another idea to try is a chocolate pie crust.
- For the Chocolate – You can use chocolate chips instead and heat until the chips are melted. You can also use chocolate pudding if you prefer. I would add milk to the chocolate pudding prior to mixing it with with the cool whip.
- Softened Cream Cheese – You can add a small amount of cream cheese layer. I would do 4 oz of cream cheese to add a cheesy flavor if you prefer as well. This will make the pie more dense and not as light and fluffy.
How to Make Hershey Pie
Step 1 – Break Hershey Milk Chocolate Bars – First, take the Hershey bars and break into small pieces. Put them in a microwave-safe bowl. (Put a few pieces aside to use to garnish the top.)
Step 2 – Melt Chocolate – Second, melt the Hershey’s Bar Pieces in the microwave in 30-second increments in medium mixing bowl. Make sure you do this in the intervals or you risk burning the chocolate. Stir in between each until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Step 3 – Fold Cool Whip with Chocolate – Next, add the whipped topping with the melted chocolate. Fold this all together until both of these ingredients are well combined.
Step 4 – Add to Pie Crust – Add the chocolate flavor pie filling into the pie crust.
- Step 5 – Chill Pie – Finally, put the pie in the fridge and let chill. Overnight is best but at least 4 hours until the chocolate has cooled.
- Step 6 – Add Favorite Toppings – Before serving, garnish with the Hershey’s bar pieces you set aside earlier. You can chop it up or use a cheese grater to grate the chocolate. Next, just sprinkle all over the pie. This easy dessert looks so pretty too. It is even delicious with a drizzle of hot fudge sauce, marshmallows or slice almonds.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – You can also top of the pie with whipped cream or some powdered sugar as well.
- Pie carrier- We make this a lot so it is handy to have a pie carrier. I love the double decker ones because I often make 2 of these pies to take to gatherings.
- Extra whipped cream– I like to have an extra carton of whipped cream to garnish each slice when serving. This is optional but just a little bit goes a long way and looks so pretty.
- Go ahead and make – This pie is always a hit even when we take it to a potluck. You will need to make 2 pies, trust me!
- Use Hershey bars – Hershey’s chocolate is best and I wouldn’t try to use other types.
- Chill Time – Do not skip the chilling time on this pie recipe. Make sure to refrigerate it for at least 4 hour before serving. Also, keep this pie refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
Can this Pie be Made ahead of time?
Since you have to chill this pie before serving, it can easily be made the night before serving.
However, the pie will only last for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. So I would only make it 1-2 days in advance of serving it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Refrigerate this no bake dessert or any leftovers for up to 4-5 days. I usually use plastic wrap to make sure that this pie is fully covered when storing.
If you use a pre-made pie crust, they usually come with a plastic lid. That can be used easily when storing as well.
Yes, this pie can easily be frozen for up to 1 month. Cover completely when freezing. I place the pie on a baking sheet in the freezer for 1-2 hours. Then move the pie to a freezer bag or freezer container to store for up to 1 month. Let the pie sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours to defrost before serving.
More Pie Recipes to make
- Easy Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
- Oreo Pudding Pie
- Strawberry Jello Pie Recipe
- No Bake Salted Caramel Pie Recipe
- Check out our 30 Best Pie Recipes and our No bake pies
We love hearing from you. If you make this Cool Whip Chocolate Pie Recipe, please leave us a comment or star review.
No bake hershey pie
- Pre-made Graham Cracker Crust 6 oz.
- 5 Regular Size Hershey Candy Bars
- Cool Whip thawed (8 oz container)
- Break up the Hershey bars into small pieces and place them in a microwave safe dish (reserve a few pieces for the topping). Heat the chocolate in 30 second intervals and stir between each interval until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Then mix in the cool whip with the melted chocolate until both of these ingredients are well combined.
- Pour this mixture into the pre-made graham cracker crust. Place the pie in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours but overnight is preferred.
- Chop up the remaining chocolate bars (or use a cheese grated to grate the chocolate into smaller pieces) to small pieces and sprinkle over the piece before serving and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe