Enjoy Keto Cheesecake without any guilt while following a low carb diet. The recipe is super easy to make and so creamy!
Easy Keto Cheesecake Recipe:
If you are following a keto diet, this easy keto cheesecake is a must try. It is so decadent and satisfies your sweet tooth without blowing your diet. Even my non-Keto family thinks this is the best Cheesecake Recipe.
We love that this Keto Cheesecake is easy to make. I’m not a fan of complicated recipes or hard to find ingredients. This recipe is simple and the ingredient list is very straightforward.
When making a Keto Cheesecake, we had to make sure that the crust was gluten free and a sugar free filling. There is no need to complicate this recipe by doing a water bath. This recipe is simple and anyone can make this
Cheesecake fans will love this and it is totally guilt free.
How to Make a Keto Cheesecake Crust:
The Keto Cheesecake Crust may not be the most important part of this creamy and delicious cheesecake, but we still wanted it to fall within our diet.
Even if you want to make this cheesecake without the crust, you still will be left with the best cheesecake.
This delicious keto crust is made simply with almond flour, butter, Erythritol Powdered Sugar, and Vanilla Extract. Gently mixed the crust together in a bowl and then press into a prepared pie plate.
Bake the crust for about 10 minutes and then allow to cool.
How to Make a Low Carb Cheesecake Filling:
When making a Low Carb Cheesecake Filling, we still wanted that thick and creamy texture like we get from a traditional cheesecake. But we still wanted to keep the ingredients, simple and keto friendly.
This low carb cheesecake filling is full of delicious, creamy flavor with these simple ingredients. Cream cheese, eggs, lemon juice, Erythritol Powdered Sugar, and vanilla. If you have been following the Keto diet for a while you probably have all the ingredients.
These room temperature ingredients are combined until creamy and then poured into the prepared keto crust. Then the cheesecake is baked to perfection and served with a side of fruit.
Keto Cheesecake Ingredients:
For the Crust:
- Almond Flour
- Butter – We used unsalted butter. But if you prefer you can add in a pinch of salt
- Erythritol Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
Ingredients For the Cheesecake Filling:
- Cream Cheese (softened at room temperature)
- Erythritol Powdered Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Lemon Juice
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Keto Cheesecake:
- Step 1 – Prepare oven and grease pan – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9 in springform pan.
- Step 2 – Prepare Keto Crust – Combine the crust ingredients together in a mixing bowl. The dough will be crumbly. Press the dough into the bottom of the pan. Then bake the crust for approximately 10-12 minutes and allow to cool.
- Step 3 – Combine Cream Cheese Ingredients – Beat together the cream cheese and erythritol powdered sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Step 4 – Add in Egg and Vanilla – Mix at low to medium speed with a stand up mixer or a hand held mixer. Then add in the eggs, one at a time. Then add in the vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Step 5 – Pour Cream Cheese Filling into Pan – Now pour the cream cheese filling into the pan on top of the crust. Smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Step 6 – Bake Cheesecake – Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake is almost set.
- Step 7 – Remove Cheesecake from oven – Remove the pan from the oven. Then run a knife around the side of the cheesecake. Place the knife in between the cheesecake and the pan to make sure that the cake is not stuck. Do not remove the pan.
- Step 8 – Allow Cheesecake to chill – Let the cake cool at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Then chill in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours so that the cheesecake can chill completely.
- Step 9 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove the spring foam pan sides and serve! Top with berries or low carb chocolate sauce and enjoy!
How to Know when Cheesecake is done Cooking:
When cooking the cheesecake, make sure to allow your cheesecake to cook for at least 45 minutes. Cooking time will vary, but I recommend not opening the door to prevent the cheesecake from cracking for at least 40 to 45 minutes.
Once this time has been reached, give the cheesecake pan a little nudge to see if the center jiggles. The edges might be pulling aware from the pan and become brown but it is all about the center.
There should be a slight jiggle at the center of the cheesecake when you know it is done. As it cools, the cheesecake center will firm up to be a solid piece of cheesecake.
- Pumpkin – Make a pumpkin Keto Cheesecake by mixing in a can of pumpkin.
- Sweeteners – When we made this cheesecake, we used Erythritol Powdered Sugar, but you can also use monk fruit. Make sure when selecting a sweetener that you use a powdered sweetened. If you use a liquid it could make the crust to runny.
- Change the Crust – If you are needing a nut-free crust option, use coconut flour instead of almond flour. Feel free to add in some chopped pecans for a delicious pecan flavor.
- Crustless Cheesecake – This cheesecake would be delicious even without the crust.
- Make Mini Cheesecakes – Make mini cheesecakes in a cupcake pan if you prefer.
- Creamier Filling – Before mixing in the eggs, you can ¼ cup of sour cream. This results in a creamier filling.
- Chocolate Cheesecake – Feel free to add in some chopped keto friendly chocolate chips. You can even mix in melted chocolate flavor for a delicious variations.
Recipe Tips for Keto Cheese Cake Recipe:
- Room Temperature Ingredients – Before mixing the ingredients together, make sure you start off with room temperature ingredients.
- Sweetener – We like using Erythritol Powdered Sugar to sweeten the cheesecake. We think it makes the cheesecake much smoother.
- Combining the ingredients – When beating the ingredients together we recommend beating at a low speed.
- Adding in Eggs – When adding in the eggs, add them in one at time to mix with the other ingredients.
- Baking Cheesecake – You want to make the cheesecake until the center is set. It may even be a little jiggly. If the cheesecake starts to crack, then it has overcooked. Check your cheesecake when it has been baking for about 45 minuts to make sure that it isn’t overcooked.
- After Baking – After the cheesecake is removed from the oven, run a knife around the cheesecake. This makes sure that the cheese cake doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Allow to Rest – Allow cheesecake to rest for about 30 at room temperature.
- Chill Cheesecake – After cheesecake has come to room temperature, allow to chill in the refrigerator. Keep in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. We like it to chill overnight if possible.
- Serving – When you are ready to serve, remove the spring form sides of the pan and serve. Serve with a side of fresh berries.
- Full Fat Cream Cheese – When making this cheesecake, we recommend using full fat softened cream cheese instead of the reduced fat. You cheesecake turns out better and so does the texture.
- Crust – When combining your crust ingredients, make sure you mix them with melted butter. This ensures that the ingredients combine easily.
- Mixer – You certainly can use a hand mixer but we love our stand mixer. It gets a ton of use and to this day is such a good investment. We bake a lot so it is so handy and we love our mixer.
- 9″ Pan – If you do not have a springform pan, you can use a 9″ round pan. Make sure to grease the pan with non stick cooking spray before using.
Is it OK to eat Cheesecake while on Keto?
Cheesecake is the perfect dessert to eat while following the keto diet. It is loaded with cream cheese, eggs and is low in carbs. The ingredients are very similar to a classic cheesecake but you really are only changing the sugar and flour.
What if my Cheesecake has Cracked?
There is no need to throw your cheesecake out if it has cracked. Just top the cheesecake with your favorite fresh berries. You cheesecake will still be delicious and nobody will know the difference.
To prevent your cheesecake from cracking, make sure to keep the oven door closed while your cheesecake is baking.
Keto Cheesecake Topping ideas
Check out our full list of Cheesecake Toppings ideas.
Can I Make Crust Nut Free?
If you are needing to make this cheesecake nut free, then you can make it without the crust or use sunflower seed flour. This is the best option for a nut free crust as it can be substituted 1:1 for the almond flour.
Can I Make this Recipe into Cheesecake Bars?
Yes, this recipe would be great made into cheesecake bars. We used a springform pan in this recipe, but you can choose to use a 8×8 baking pan. Then cut the cheesecake into bars.
What kind of Sweetener do I use?
When picking a sweetener make sure to always check the ingredients. We like using powdered erythritol as it easily replace sugar as a 1:1 ratio. It also doesn’t leave a bitter taste like most replacement sweeteners do.
Other options we have tried is Monk Fruit Sweetener and Swerve. Stevia is also a option to replace regular white sugar and is a keto sweetener.
Can you Freeze Low Carb Cheesecake?
Yes, you can freeze Low Carb Cheesecake. We recommend freezing individual slices so it is easy to enjoy a slice without defrosting a whole cheesecake. Slice the cheesecake in individual slices then wrap in plastic wrap.
Place in a freezer safe container or ziplock freezer bag. This cheesecake will stay good for up to 2 weeks. So make sure to enjoy it soon.
When you ready to serve, thaw the cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight.
Can I Make Keto Cheesecake in advance?
This is the perfect dessert to make advance. Because you want your cheesecake time to cool, I try to make this dessert the night before serving. Then when I am ready to serve you can serve with your favorite topping.
I love desserts that I am able to make in advance. We tend to make more desserts during the holidays. Plus I am usually busy with holiday cooking, so I make desserts that I can prepare 1 to 2 days in advance.
How to Cut Keto Cheesecake:
Allow the mixture to cool completely at room temperature and then chill in the refrigerator before cutting and serving. Chill the cheesecake for a minimum of 4 hours but overnight is ideal so that they can fully set.
Then use a plastic throw away knife to cut the cheesecake into slices, cleaning the knife after each slice.
How to Store:
Store you leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator. Make sure to cover and it will last about 3 to 5 days.
Why we Love this Keto Cheesecake Recipe:
- Delicious Crust – This buttery, almond flour crust is perfect for this cheesecake. It is full of flavor and easy to make.
- Sugar Free Cheesecake Filling – We love the creamy and smooth cheesecake filling. My friends and family are always surprised that it is low carb.
- Simple Ingredients – Only 8 ingredients are needed to make this low carb cheesecake.
- Any Diet – If you are on a low carb, sugar free, or gluten free diet, this is the perfect cheesecake for you.
- Low Net Carbs – Indulge in this cheese because easy slice is low net carbs.
- Classic Cheesecake Lovers – For all your cheesecake fans, make this cheesecake as it as a very similar taste as the real cheesecake.
Print this easy keto cheesecake recipe below:
Keto Cheesecake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9 in springform pan.
- Combine the crust ingredients together in a mixing bowl. The dough will be crumbly. Press the dough into the bottom of the pan. Then bake the crust for approximately 10-12 minutes and allow to cool.
- Beat together the cream cheese and erythritol powdered sugar until thoroughly combined at low to medium speed with a stand up mixer or a hand held mixer. Then add in the eggs, one at a time. Then add in the vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Then pour the cream cheese filling into the pan on top of the crust. Smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake is almost set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and run a knife around the side of the cheesecake in between the cheesecake and the pan to make sure that the cake is not stuck but do not remove the pan.
- Let the cake cool at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and then chill in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours so that the cheesecake can chill completely.
- Remove the spring foam pan sides and server! Top with berries or low carb chocolate sauce and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Keto Desserts:
- Keto Brownie Bites
- Keto Cheesecake Fat Bomb Recipe
- Easy Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs
- Keto Chocolate Cake
- Keto carrot cake recipe
- Keto Brownie Recipe