No Bake Oreo Pie Recipe is one of our favorite no bake treats. Everyone loves Oreo cookies so a pie seemed like a great idea and it is super easy to make! It is so creamy and delicious for an amazing treat.
No Bake Oreo Pie Recipe
We recently made this Easy No Bake Cookies Recipe and they were a big hit! I thought I would try another easy no bake recipe and make this delicious No Bake Oreo Pie Recipe.
What are the No Bake Oreo Pie Ingredients?
- Oreo cookies (both the wafers and filling)
- unsalted butter
Oreo pie filling:
- cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- powdered sugar, I usually do not shift the powdered sugar
- whipped topping, (cool whip)
- Oreo cookies
I told you it was very simple! You can make this pie with just a few ingredients!
What type of Oreos to use for this recipe?
I use regular Oreo cookies for this recipe. Do not use the double stuffed cookies as it add too much cream filling to the Oreo crumb mixture.
I have also used the off brand Oreo cookies before and they work great to make this no bake pie as well.
How to make no bake Oreo pie crust:
First, you need to crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor into fine crumbs. No worries if you do not have one. Just place them in a Ziploc bag and bash with a rolling pin. Easy!
Mix the crushed cookies with melted butter.
Next, press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. I like to use the bottom of a glass cup for this.
Place the pie crust in the fridge as you make the filling.
How to make no bake oreo pie recipe:
Now, it is time to make the delicious filling!
In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until soft. Fold in the whipped topping, followed by the chopped Oreo cookies.
Spoon all of that wonderful cream cheese mixture into the pie crust then smooth the top. This is looking so amazing!
Place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour before serving. This is the hardest part of the entire recipe. Waiting!
Everyone always wants to eat the pie right away but you do need to make sure you allow time to chill it in the fridge so it gets to the right consistency.
Can you use homemade whipped cream?
Yes, you can use homemade whipped cream in this recipe instead of the whipped topping.
This homemade whipped cream recipe is easy to make with only heavy cream and sugar.
Plus this recipe is great to use when serving this pie as well.
How to Serve:
- It is optional but we love to garnish the pie with a few Oreo cookies. You can add one or two to the top of the pie when serving. I also love using the seasonal Oreos as well to make this pie festive.
- You can serve with whip cream on top.
- This pie is also delicious served with some vanilla ice cream.
- You can drizzle chocolate syrup or caramel sauce on top right before serving as well.
- I recommend using a food processor to crush the Oreos for the crust on this pie recipe. The food processor makes finer crumbs which combines better with the melted butter.
- When making the crust put the entire Oreos in the food processor. You’ll need the cream filling to be blended with the cookies to help the crust stay together.
- Make sure that the cream has softened at room temperature before mixing it with the powdered sugar to ensure that they are easy to combine and the mixture doesn’t have any lumps.
- You can use a pre-made Oreo crust for this recipe but I think the homemade one tastes better and isn’t hard to make at all.
- Do not skip the chilling time on this pie recipe. Make sure to refrigerate it for at least 1 hour before serving. Also, keep this pie refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
How to Store:
Refrigerate this pie or any leftovers for up to 4-5 days. I usually use plastic wrap to make sure that this pie is fully covered when storing.
If you use a pre-made pie crust, they usually come with a plastic lid that can be used easily when storing as well.
Can you freeze this pie recipe?
Yes, this pie can easily be frozen for up to 1 month. Cover completely when freezing.
I place the pie on a baking sheet in the freezer for 1-2 hours and then move the pie to a freezer bag or freezer container to store for up to 1 month.
Let the pie sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours to defrost before serving.
Can you make this pie ahead of time?
Since you have to chill this pie before serving, it can easily be made the night before serving.
However, the pie will only last for 4-5 days in the refrigerator so I would only make it 1-2 days in advance of serving it.
- You can use different flavor Oreos to change up the flavor of this easy no bake pie recipe. If you don’t love chocolate, golden Oreos would be delicious in this recipe or you can use Mint Oreos to make a chocolate and mint flavored pie.
- If you are following a gluten free diet, Oreo makes a delicious gluten free Oreo that would work great in this recipe as well.
- If you prefer a strong vanilla flavor, you can add in 1 tsp of vanilla extract into the cream cheese mixture before putting it into the Oreo crust.
- You can use homemade whipped cream instead of the cool whip in this recipe.
Print this Oreo pie recipe no bake recipe below:
No Bake Oreo Pie
- For the Oreo crust:
- 25 Oreo cookies the wafers and fillings
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- For the Oreo pie filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping thawed
- 10 Oreo cookies chopped
- For the Oreo crust:
- Crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor. Or place them in a Ziploc bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Mix the crushed cookies with melted butter.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. I like to use the bottom of a glass cup for this.
- Place in the fridge as you make the filling.
- For the Oreo pie filling:
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until soft.
- Fold in the whipped topping, followed by the chopped Oreo cookies.
- Spoon the filling into the pie crust then smooth the top.
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour before serving.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe