If you are a Oreo cookie fan, then you are going to love this Oreo Frosting. Use this frosting for your next cake, cupcakes and more.
Easy Oreo Frosting Recipe:
This simple ingredients Oreo buttercream frosting recipe has amazing texture and taste amazing. My family loves Oreo cookies and using them to make a frosting is always a family favorite.
This cream frosting can be used on your next cake or cupcake recipe. The flavoring is amazing, has a creamy texture and taste delicious. All the ingredients combine easily in a mixing bowl for a delicious frosting.
This frosting a great way to add unique flavor to many bake goods. You can even use a variety of Oreos to change the flavor. The next time you make a chocolate cake, add this Oreo frosting for a crowd pleasing treat.
- Salted Butter
- Confectioners Sugar
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Crushed Oreo Cookies (approximately 6-7 cookies)
How to Make Oreo Frosting:
- Step 1 – Crush Oreos – Crush the Oreo Cookies into a fine powder with a food processor or blender.
- Step 2 – Beat Butter – Beat the butter in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a hand held mixer or stand up mixer until light and creamy. We recommend using the paddle attachment.
- Step 3 – Add in Powdered Sugar – Add in the cups at a time powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Then add in the heavy whipping cream until the frosting is a consistency that you can pipe onto the cupcakes.
- Step 4 – Stir in Oreos – Gently stir in the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the frosting is ready to top on your favorite cake or cupcake recipe and enjoy. This frosting is ready in about 15 minutes.
The Best Uses for Oreo Frosting:
This Oreo frosting can be used for many different bake goods. We have even added it to a bowl for a dessert charcuterie board. It is great for a frosting, but can be use as a dipping option for your favorite cookies.
Here are some of our favorite bake goods to use the Oreo Frosting on.
- Chocolate Cupcake
- Oreo Cupcakes
- Chocolate Layered Cake
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
Oreo Buttercream Frosting Tips and Tricks:
- Room Temperature Ingredients – Before combining ingredients make sure the butter is softened. Softened butter is best to use for a smooth and creamy frosting.
- Oreo Cookie Pieces – To make the Oreo cookie crumbs, we recommend using a food processor to crush the cookies. If you do not have a food processor, you can place the Oreos in a zip lock bag. Then crush the Oreos with a rolling pin.
- Combining Ingredients – We recommend using a hand mixer or a stand mixer to mix everything together. Then stir the Oreos by hand to make sure everything is covered.
- Piping Tip – If you want to pip the light and fluffy frosting on cupcakes, we recommend using a large piping tip. This helps to squeeze the frosting them the piping tip without any problems.
- Frosting Consistency – If your frosting is to thick, add in a tablespoon of heavy cream. If it is to thin, add in powdered sugar. Make sure to add amounts in slowly and then stir. This ensures that mixture is the right consistency.
- Scrape down the Bowl – When combining the ingredients on medium speed in the mixing bowl. Make sure to scrape down the bowl to make sure all the ingredients are combined.
- Frosting Bake Goods – This frosting recipe will frost about 24 cupcakes and a cake that is in an 9×13 baking pan.
- Frosting Cake – Before frosting cakes make sure that they are cool to room temperature. If you frost to soon it could result in messing up the cake.
- Butter – You can use salted butter or unsalted butter in this recipe.
- Change the Oreos – Feel free to use different flavors of Oreos.
- Oreo Sandwich Cookies – Spread the frosting on cookies and make a delicious Oreo sandwich cookie.
Can you Freeze Oreo Frosting?
Yes, you can freeze Oreo Frosting. This is the frosting to make ahead of time and place in an airtight container. Then place in the freezer and it will last about 3 months.
When you are ready to enjoy, thaw in the fridge to use on all your holiday baking needs.
The Best Oreo Frosting Recipe:
The frosting recipe makes a large amount so it is easy to be generous and really use a lot of frosting on each cupcake. We love making sure we have extra frosting when we are frosting our cakes.
It is great for dipping in strawberries or your favorite fruit. This frosting taste much butter than store bought frosting. That is why we like making our own so we can control the ingredients.
This is one of our favorite frosting because of how much we love Oreos.
How Much does this Recipe Make?
This Oreo Frosting makes enough to frost the following:
- 12-18 Cupcakes when frosting with a pipped frosting tip.
- 18-24 Cupcakes frosted with a thin layer with a knife.
- 9×13 Regular cake with a thicker layer of frosting.
- Double the recipe if you are needing to frost a 3 layered cake.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store the Oreo Frosting in an airtight container in the fridge. This frosting will last about 5 days.
Print Recipe for Oreo Frosting:
- Crush the Oreo Cookies into a fine powder with a food processor or blender.
- Beat the butter in a large mixing bowl with a hand held mixer or stand up mixer until light and creamy.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Then add in the heavy whipping cream until the frosting is a consistency that you can pipe onto the cupcakes.
- Gently stir in the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Then the frosting is ready to top on your favorite cake or cupcake recipe and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe