Oreo stuffed cookies combine 2 of my favorite things! Chocolate chip cookies stuffed with oreo cookies make an awesome treat. This combination is so decadent.
Oreo stuffed cookies
If you love chocolate chip cookies and oreo cookies, this recipe is for you. The combination is so delicious and your family will go crazy over it.
You won’t believe how yummy such a simple recipe can be. It is really so easy but the results are just really awesome!
The chocolate chip cookie is soft and delicious. Each bite is full of ooey gooey chocolate.
Then you get a little of the oreo in the middle. Oh my goodness! It is the best!
My kids really love this cookie recipe, but they also love Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies, Caramel Stuffed Cookies, Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies, and Nutella Stuffed Cookies. I have to admit, it is one of my favorites too.
- unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Double Stuffed Oreo Cookies
How to make oreo stuffed cookies:
First, get out a large bowl and add the butter and both types of sugar. You can use a stand mixer or hand mixer.
Mix this together for 2 to 3 minutes to get it really creamy. Once everything is combined and creamy, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in the eggs and vanilla.
Keep mixing until everything is combined well.
Next, get out another bowl and combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
Now, mix together the bowl of dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. I would do this part by hand instead of using a an electric mixer so that it does not get over mixed.
Once both of these are combined, gently stir in the chocolate chips.
Set this aside to chill for about 10 to 15 minutes. Just make sure the bowl is covered.
After the dough has chilled, make balls out of the cookie dough. You want them to be about 1 ½ Tbsp size balls of cookie dough.
Save time and use a cookie scoop to make the dough balls. This makes it so easy to make them all uniform and you can do a bunch quickly.
Once the dough has been made into balls, flatten 2 of the balls between your hands and place an Oreo cookie in the middle.
Make sure to seal the edges of the cookies to make sure that the Oreos are completely covered in the cookie dough. You don’t want any of the oreo to be seen and you need dough around the oreo.
Finally, keep repeating the process until all of the cookie dough and Oreos are used. Once finished stuffing all the cookies, put them on a baking sheet and freeze for 10-15 minutes. I like to line my baking sheet with parchment paper.
While the cookies are in the freezer, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Bake the cookies after they come out of freezer for 10 to 12 minutes until the cookies are browned just slightly.
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
More tips for Oreo Stuffed chocolate chip cookies:
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container for up to 1 week. My kids eat them much faster though!
- Use a cookie scoop to save time making the dough balls. You can order a set of cookie scoops . This is a kitchen gadget that you will use for cookies, meatballs and more.
- Don’t skip the step where the cookies go in the freezer. This helps to keep them hold their shape. You will have a mess if you don’t put them in the freezer prior to baking.
- Try different flavors of oreo cookies. I think peanut butter would be yummy. The combination of the mini chocolate chips in the dough and the peanut butter oreo in the middle sounds fabulous.
Print this oreo stuffed cookies recipe below:
Oreo stuffed cookies
- In a large bowl beat (with a stand up mixer or hand mixer), the butter and both sugars. Mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is creamy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add in the eggs and vanilla. Continue mixing until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Then mix the bowl of dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. We recommend mixing this by hand so that the mixture does not get over mixed.
- Next gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Then portion out the cookie dough into approximately 1 ½ Tbsp size balls of cookie dough. Flatten 2 of the balls between your hands and place an Oreo cookie in the middle. Seal the edges of the cookies to make sure that the Oreos are completely covered in the cookie dough.
- Repeat the process until all of the cookie dough and Oreos are used.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet and freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are browned slightly.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy oreo desserts:
- 2 ingredient Oreo mug cake
- Air Fryer Oreo
- No Bake Oreo Pie
- Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Easy Oreo Fluff Recipe
- Oreo Icebox Cake Recipe