Patriotic Crack is super easy and so festive with sprinkles. With only a few ingredients, this decadent treat comes together in minutes.
It’s Christmas Crack but for the 4th!
Did you make our Christmas Crack recipe? We have a patriotic version that is perfect for July 4th or Memorial Day! You are going to love it and it’s so simple for any party or cookout.
We love the combination of sweet and salty. Each bite is really decadent but the recipe is super quick and easy. It is definitely a treat that you can make without hardly any effort.
Our friends and family love this. We look for any excuse to make it and love it year round. With so many variations, it is easy to enjoy all year long!
Let’s make Patriotic Crack!
Ingredients for Patriotic crack
- Saltine Crackers
- Brown Sugar
- White Chocolate Chips
- Red white and blue Sprinkles
How to make 4th of July Saltine Cracker Toffee:
First, preheat oven to 350 F.
While the oven is preheating, get your baking sheet ready. Line a cooking sheet with foil and spray it with cooking spray. Don’t skip this part because it really helps with cleanup.
Next, put the saltine crackers on the cookie sheet. Set aside for later.
Now, get a sauce pan out and melt the butter over low to medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the brown sugar and stir everything together really good. Let this mixture come to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
After the 3 minutes, remove the pan from heat. Immediately pour the mixture all over the crackers so that all of the crackers are completely covered.
Once you have poured all the mixture on the crackers, put the pan in the oven. This does not take long and usually about 4 to 5 minutes. You just want the edges of brown sugar to get bubbly.
Finally, take the jelly roll pan out of the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips all over the top. Make sure to do this as soon as it comes out of the oven so it will melt.
Let the crackers sit for a few minutes to allow the chocolate chips to melt. I usually let it sit for about 5 minutes and then you can easily spread the chocolate over the crackers. If you have a spatula, use the back of a spoon to spread the chocolate around.
Finally, sprinkle the patriotic sprinkles all over the melted chocolate. This is optional but makes it look so festive. (optional).
Put the baking sheet in the fridge so everything can harden. The last step is to remove the toffee from the pan and break it apart.
What variations can I try?
- Try milk chocolate instead of white chocolate for a change.
- Sprinkles- Fun shapes, colors or anything will work.
- Drizzle different color candy melts on top instead of sprinkles. You can do red, white and blue for this patriotic dessert.
- Chopped Nuts- Add nuts to the saltine toffee. If you have some that do not like nuts, just sprinkle on half the baking sheet. Everything will be happy and can choose the kind they prefer.
- Enjoy year round – Try different color sprinkles to make this work all year long. We love to make Christmas Crack. You can take the basic Saltine Cracker Toffee and turn it into a dessert that works for any day of the year. You can use sprinkles to match your next birthday party, Game Day or any holiday.
This is so easy and delicious!
Patriotic Crack is a favorite around here and it couldn’t be any simpler. You don’t need many ingredients or time. Anyone can make this and even the kids can help.
If you are looking for a dessert that is really easy, try making this for a treat sure to impress everyone. Once you try it, you will see why we look for any excuse to make it.
Print this recipe for 4th of July Saltine Cracker Toffee:
- 40 Saltine Crackers just over a sleeve
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 11.5 oz package White Chocolate Chips
- Red white and blue Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a jelly roll pan with foil. Spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill the bottom of the cookie sheet with crackers. Set the pan aside.
- In a sauce pan melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add brown sugar once butter is completely melted and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 3 minutes.
- Immediately remove from heat and pour bubbly mixture over crackers covering the crackers completely.
- Place pan in the oven for 4-5 minutes, or just until edges of brown sugar mixture gets bubbly.
- Remove pan from oven and immediately and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the crackers.
- Allow the crackers to sit for 5 minutes to melt the chocolate. Then use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate over the cracker layer evenly.
- Sprinkle the patriotic sprinkles over the melted chocolate (optional).
- Place the pan in the refrigerator to allow the toffee to harden.
- Then remove the toffee from the pan and break it apart. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe