Homemade S’mores Ice cream recipe has all of the flavors of s’mores in a tasty frozen treat. Each bite is packed with marshmallows, chocolate and bits of graham crackers for a decadent treat.
Homemade S’mores Ice cream recipe
One of our favorite treats to make is s’mores. We love the toasted marshmallows and gooey chocolate. This homemade ice cream recipe recreates everything that you love about traditional s’mores.
Even better, this is a no churn ice cream recipe. You do not need an ice cream maker to enjoy rich and creamy ice cream at home.
The recipe is so easy and does not call for any egg yolks. Anyone can make this without an ice cream machine.
Once you learn how to make this simple ice cream base with heavy cream, you will be hooked. For more s’mores flavor, try making Golden Graham Smores Bar Recipe.
Why we love this recipe:
- You do not need an ice cream machine.
- The recipe calls for only 6 ingredients.
- It takes just minutes to mix this recipe together.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Pure Vanilla Extract. Do not use imitation vanilla.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Graham Crackers, crushed into varying sizes.
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chopped Chocolate Bar, roughly chopped so you get chocolate in every bite
With just these simple 6 ingredients, it is simple to make homemade ice cream. No ice cream machine needed!
How to make s’mores ice cream:
- Beat the heavy cream. Pour the heavy whipping cream in a bowl. Beat with a hand mixer for 3 to 5 minutes. You want stiff peaks to form.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Gently add these ingredients and combine with a wooden spoon.
- Put the marshmallows on a sheet pan. Watch them very closely as you broil them for 30 to 60 seconds. You just want the tops of the marshmallows to be golden brown.
This only takes a few minutes so don’t walk away during this step or they might burn. You can use parchment paper to make cleaning the baking sheet easier. I highly recommend this as the marshmallows get gooey.
- Allow the marshmallows to cool. Then mix the marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs and chopped chocolate into the heavy cream mixture.
- Pour into a 9X5 loaf pan or shallow baking dish. After pouring the mixture, freeze for 6 hours or overnight. I normally freeze this overnight so that it is firm and solid.
You can freeze for less time if you like a softer consistency.
Keep reading for full instructions and detailed nutrition including saturated fat.
How to serve:
You can scoop into bowls or serve in a cone. Feel free to add toppings such as more chocolate, crushed graham crackers and mini marshmallows.
It is also delicious served on top of a warm brownie. The ice cream with all of the yummy mix-ins tastes amazing with this.
How to Store Homemade Ice Cream?
Place inside a container with an air tight lid. This will prevent it from getting freezer burn.
How Long Does Homemade Ice Cream Keep?
It is best enjoyed within 4 weeks for the best flavor and texture. You can still eat the ice cream after this time period but ice crystals might start to form.
- Use a frozen bowl to mix together ingredients. I like to freeze my bowl for 24 hours prior to using. This will help the mixture to freeze even better.
- Try to use the best quality ingredients you can find. Since this recipe calls for so few ingredients, it is helpful to use high quality ones.
- It is worth the extra step to toast the marshmallows. It enhances the flavor. The ice cream will taste more authentic like traditional s’mores. Just do not walk away from the oven as these toast very quickly.
- The marshmallows need to cool for about 5 minutes after roasting. Do not skip this step or it will melt the chocolate and not look as pretty.
- Place parchment paper on top of the ice cream when freezing and then add the lid. This will ensure freshness.
- Scoop ice cream between 2 graham crackers to make a sandwich. This is a tasty idea for something different.
- Leave a few larger pieces of graham crackers so that it is not all small bits. You want some variation so you will get a bite in every spoonful.
- Do not substitute regular milk for the heavy whipping cream. It will not result in the same creamy texture.
- We used a Hershey chocolate bar chopped up but anything will work. You can use chocolate chips or even chopped Hershey Kisses in this recipe.
It is a great way to use leftover chocolate. Dark and semi-sweet chocolate also taste great in this recipe.
- You can use regular size marshmallows in this recipe instead of mini. Just cut them into small pieces before roasting.
Make this fun and tasty treat.
The flavor is so delicious in this treat. I think the entire recipe is really enhanced by toasting the marshmallows and using quality ingredients.
Each bite is so rich and creamy. It really has all of the flavors of s’mores in a tasty frozen treat.
Whether you serve this in a bowl, cone or make ice cream sandwiches, it will be a hit. This recipe is so yummy and very simple to make.
Print this s’mores ice cream recipe:
Smores Ice Cream
- 14 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Sleeve Graham Crackers crushed
- 1 1/2 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 6 oz Chopped Chocolate Bar roughly chopped
- Place the heavy whipping cream in a bowl and beat with a hand mixer for 3-5 minutes or until stiff peaks are formed.
- Then gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Place the marshmallows on a baking sheet. Broil them for 30-60 seconds until the tops of the marshmallows are golden brown. Watch them closely so that they don’t over cook.
- Let the marshmallows cool slightly and then mix the marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs and chopped chocolate into the heavy whipping cream mixture.
- Pour this mixture into a 9X5 loaf pan or shallow baking dish and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Scoop into cones or bowls as desired. Store covered in the freezer.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe