Snow Man Chocolate Covered Oreos make such a quick and easy no bake treat. These Snowmen Oreos are so festive and fun with only 4 ingredients.
This is a great recipe to make with the kids and then enjoy during family movie night. It’s a fun family tradition that you can do year after year. We have been making Oreo Snowman Cookies since the kids were little.
Table of Contents
Why we love this recipe:
- No Bake Recipe. It is perfect for the holiday season when you don’t have much time.
- Cute and adorable dessert. The snowmen are so festive.
- The best sweet treat. They taste great!
- Only 4 ingredients. It’s so easy with just a few ingredients.
- White Candy Melts
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Orange Tic Tacs
Get the complete ingredient list at the bottom of the post.
- Icing. You can also use black icing and orange icing to make the faces on the chocolate covered Oreos if you prefer.
- Oreo Cookies. Change things up and use any flavor of Oreo cookies you prefer. Mint, red velvet, double stuf oreos and more.
- M&M candy. Place a M&M on either side of the cookie while decorating. This will give the appearance of ear muffs on the snowman. It is so cute and another fun option.
- Fudge Covered Oreos. Skip a step and buy store bought white chocolate covered Oreo cookies. Then you will only have to decorate the face.
- Chocolate. You can use white chocolate chips to coat the Oreo cookie balls instead of white melting wafers. I like ghirardelli.
- Sprinkles. Feel free to add sprinkles, sugar pearls, black sugar pearl sprinkles or anything you like to the cookies. You can also use orange sprinkles for the nose.
- Cake Pops. Insert a stick and make cake pops with this recipe.
How to make oreo snowman:
- Step 1. Prepare a baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Step 2. Melt the candy. Place the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until fully melted. Be careful not to over heat while you melt white chocolate. You can also use a double boiler on the stove if you prefer.
Step 3. Dip the Oreo cookies. Then place an Oreo in the melted candy and use a fork to remove the Oreo carefully. Remove excess candy. Gently tap the fork against the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate from the Oreo.
Step 4. Place on the baking sheet. Add an orange Tic Tac onto the center of each cookie standing up. Then use the mini chocolate chips to make the eyes and mouths of the snowman. Make sure to add these before the candy sets.
- Step 5. Allow the cookies to dry. Then let the Oreos sit at room temperature for approximately 1 hour to set and then they are ready to serve and enjoy.
Jump to recipe below for complete instructions.
Refrigerate any leftover Oreos in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
These cookies can be frozen up to 3 months. Allow them to completely dry prior to freezing.
Separate the layers of cookies using parchment paper. Place inside an airtight freezer container.
- Decorate the face before the candy melts set. If you wait too long, the chocolate chips and tic tac will not adhere.
- Allow the cookies to set before storing. They need to be completely dry so they don’t stick together.
- Remove excess candy after dipping the Oreo cookies.
More easy chocolate covered oreos:
- How to make chocolate covered oreos
- Easter Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Christmas chocolate covered oreos
- St Patrick’s Day Chocolate covered Oreos
Go ahead and make this recipe. The kids will love it! Please leave a comment and star recipe rating once you do.
Snowman Chocolate Covered Oreos
- 1 package Oreos 14 oz
- 2 pkg White Candy Melts 6 oz each
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Orange Tic Tacs
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Place the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until fully melted. Be careful not to over heat.
- Then place an Oreo in the melted candy and use a fork to remove the Oreo carefully.
- While the Oreo is on the fork gently tap the fork against the side of the bowl to remove any excess candy from the Oreo.
- Then place the Oreos on the baking sheet.
- Place an orange Tic Tac onto the center of each cookie standing up. Then use the mini chocolate chips to make the eyes and mouths of the snowman. Make sure to work quickly to add the decorations before the white candy melts re-harden.
- Then let the Oreos sit at room temperature for approximately 1 hour to set and then they are ready to serve and enjoy.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe