We are going to show you how to make chocolate covered oreos for the best treat. Make perfect chocolate covered Oreos every time with this simple recipe you will love.
Everyone loves oreo cookies so we thought we would make these delicious chocolate dipped oreos. Learn how to make chocolate candy coated Oreos that only require 3 simple ingredients! It’s the easiest no bake dessert and so yummy.
Table of Contents
Why we love this recipe:
This is the perfect treat to make that does not require any baking. The kids can help, and everyone will have a blast making these fun no bake cookies.
Since you only need a few ingredients, you can easily make these any day of the week. They are perfect for class treats, parties and more. If you love oreo truffles then you are going to love these.
- regular oreos
- white chocolate chips
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
Get the complete ingredient list and instructions at the bottom of the post.
- Use different colors of candy melts and decorate with sprinkles for other holidays- red and green for Christmas, pastels for Easter, orange and black for Halloween, pink and red for Valentine’s Day. These are great year round.
- Try using white chocolate, milk chocolate or even dark chocolate. We love making these simple white chocolate oreos too!
- Use double stuffed oreos. Yum!
- Seasonal oreo cookies are fun to use in this recipe. When you bite into the cookie, the different colored layers look amazing. Spring cookies with the yellow filling would be gorgeous in this recipe!
- Peanut Butter Oreo cookies are delicious when combined with the chocolate coating for another idea.
- Dark chocolate is also delicious as a coating.
How to make chocolate covered oreos:
Step 1. Melt the chocolate in separate bowls. Place in the microwave for 30 second intervals.
Step 2. Use a fork to dip the Oreo cookie into the melted chocolate.
Step 3. Next, dip the Oreo Cookies in the melted white chocolate. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate from the cookie.
Step 4. Place the cookies on a lined baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper. Continue until all of the cookies have been coated.
Step 5. Drizzle more chocolate on top of the Oreo cookies in the opposite chocolate.
Step 6. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for at least an hour for the chocolate to set.
Frequently Asked Questions
Room temperature is fine for the cookies. The key is making sure they are in a container that is airtight.
Place you candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave starting at 1 minute. Then remove the bowl from the microwave and stir, then place back in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Continue doing this until your candy melts are completely melted.
We used white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. You can also use chocolate candy melts if you prefer. Just make sure to use high-quality chocolate and ingredients. I like ghirardelli.
These are perfect to make ahead for holidays and such because they can be stored for up to 2-3 weeks. Just make sure they are stored in an airtight container.
Try these other easy oreo recipes:
More Chocolate Covered desserts:
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Easter Chocolate Covered Oreos
- How to make Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
Go ahead and make this easy treat today. Then come back and leave a star recipe rating and comment so I can hear from you!
Chocolate Covered Oreos recipe
- 12 regular oreos
- 8 oz white chocolate chips
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt the chocolate placing them in separate microwave safe bowls and heating in 15-20 second intervals (stir between each interval) until they are completely melted.
- Dip each Oreo into the melted chocolate. Rotating between the white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate.
- Remove the Oreos with a fork and gently tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate.
- Then place the coated Oreos on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes until the chocolate sets.
- Remove from the refrigerator and drizzle additional melted chocolate over the top of the Oreos. I drizzled with the opposite chocolate type.
- Refrigerator for 10 more minutes to set the chocolate. Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe