Strawberry dump cake has just 4 ingredients and makes a simple but delicious dessert. This cake is loaded with strawberries for a luscious treat in minutes.
This recipe is one of those desserts that takes hardly any effort but turns out fabulous. It is a cross between a cobbler and cake and the results are amazing. If you love comfort food, this easy dessert is the one to try.
Not only is it so delicious but it is very inexpensive too. With so few ingredients, it does not cost very much to make. It is a win for everyone! You can easily serve a large family or crowd without a ton of expense or money.
I have always loved cobbler and any dessert that you can put ice cream on top! So, this is a hit in my book and I’m pretty excited for you to try it too.
- strawberry pie filling
- white cake mix or yellow cake mix
- sliced fresh strawberries
You are going to be amazed that these 4 simple ingredients come together to make such an amazing dessert. This recipe is easy enough for busy weeknights but special enough for any occasion.
Let’s get started!
How to make strawberry dump cake:
First, go ahead and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Second, get your baking pan ready. We use a 9×13 pan and it works perfectly. Just make sure to spray with cooking spray.
Next, add the strawberry pie filling to the pan. Spread it all over the bottom of the dish. I like to use a rubber spatula to help spread it all over the dish. You could also use the back of a spoon to spread it all over. You don’t need anything fancy.
Once the filling is smoothed out, put about half of the fresh sliced strawberries on top.
Now, get the cake mix and sprinkle it all over the pie filling. Make sure you don’t have any gaps without cake mix on it. You can give the cake pan a little shake if you are having trouble spreading it evenly.
Finally, melt the butter and drizzle all over the cake mix. Try to get this as evenly as possible.
Next, bake until the top is golden brown. This normally takes about 45 minutes but oven times will vary. I recommend checking on the cake once you get to the 40 minute mark.
Let the cake cool on a cooling rack for a few minutes before serving.
Remove the casserole dish from the oven and let it just slightly cool on a cooling rack.
You can serve this hot or cold but we prefer it served hot. It is really delicious with the cold ice cream on top and it starts to melt. Oh my goodness it is amazing!
- Whipped cream – We love this easy homemade whipped cream.
- Vanilla ice cream – Serve over the warm cake. Try this easy recipe for vanilla ice cream.
- Fresh fruit- Top with more fresh strawberries. Yum!
If you are feeling extra decadent, top with all 3- ice cream, fresh fruit and whipped cream. Why not go all out?
The cake is tasty alone but adding one of these toppings definitely takes it up a notch. It is so delicious and only calls for 4 ingredients. Talk about an easy cake.
This is the type of cake that you can throw together without any notice and you don’t need any fancy ingredients or tools. Company on the way over? Throw this together without messing up the kitchen and serve everyone a great dessert.
Plus, your house will smell amazing as this bakes.
You will need to use a 9×13 baking pan . If it is time for a new one, Amazon has several on sale. Also, if you plan to take this cake to a potluck or transport it, you might want to use a baking pan with a lid .
Another idea I like is the disposable pans so I don’t have to worry about taking my pan home and it is easy clean up.
Just keep it simple and do what is easiest for you! You know I am all about simple! Some seasons of our life just call for throw away pans! Anyone else feel the same?
Can you Make Crockpot Strawberry Dump Cake?
To make this in the crockpot: Put the pie filling on the bottom of the slow cooker and add the fresh sliced strawberries. Mix together the cake mix and melted butter and crumble all over the strawberries. Finally, cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Add cream cheese- Follow the same directions but add an 8 oz package of cream cheese on top of the pie filling before you add the cake mix. Just cut in slices and put all over the pie filling. So good!
- Try other types of cake mix. I think lemon would be yummy. You could also try strawberry cake mix for even more flavor.
- Fruit filling- You can substitute other types of pie filling. Try cherry, apple, blueberry or anything you like.
I think I have used all the different types of pie filling. They are all so good but strawberry is my favorite. Sometimes, I will change it up and add the cream cheese. The possibilities are endless with dump cakes.
Try this yummy dessert today. I usually buy cake mixes when I spot a sale and keep them in the pantry. Not only do I save money doing that but I also typically have what I need on hand to make this easy dessert.
The net time you need a dessert in a pinch, make this and see how little effort it takes. However, the results are so yummy!
This recipe is a great example of being able to make delicious desserts without spending a ton of time or money.
Print this recipe:
Strawberry Dump Cake
- (2) 21 oz. strawberry pie filling
- 1 box white cake mix or yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 pound sliced fresh strawberries divided
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with butter or spray it with nonstick baking spray.
- Add the strawberry pie filling to the bottom of the baking dish, and using a rubber spatula, spread it evenly over the surface of the dish.
- Place half the strawberries sliced on top.
- Sprinkle the cake mix on top of the strawberry pie filling, distribute evenly. Shake the pan, to make sure the cake mix is spread evenly.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the top of the cake mix, try to distribute it evenly.
- Bake the Strawberry Dump Cake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Start checking on the cake after 40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it just slightly cool on a cooling rack.
- Scoop cake into bowls, top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Garnish with remaining fresh sliced strawberries. Serve warm.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe