With just 4 ingredients, Oreo Popcorn is a quick treat for movie night. Cookies and cream popcorn is drizzled with melted white chocolate.
Oreo Popcorn recipe
This is one of our favorite popcorn recipes. The combination of Oreo Cookies, white chocolate and popcorn make a decadent treat. It tastes so gourmet but without the price tag.
Anyone can easily make this with only 4 ingredients. You will save so much money making this at home and it is very simple.
Skip the fancy stores and make this in just minutes. It is super easy and tastes great.
Let’s make Oreo Popcorn for a guaranteed hit with the entire family. Even my picky eaters love this recipe.
- Popped Popcorn
- White Chocolate Chips
- Vegetable Oil
- Oreo Cookies, crushed
How to make Oreo popcorn:
- Step 1. Prepare the popcorn. Pop approximately 10 cups of popcorn and place it on lined baking sheets. We used parchment paper and clean up was easy. You will likely need 2 baking sheets.
- Step 2. Crush the cookies. Use a food processor to crush the Oreos. You can adjust this based on preference and how large you want the pieces to be.
- Step 3. Melt the chocolate. Place the white chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals in the microwave, stirring after heat interval, until melted and combined.
- Step 4. Pour the white chocolate. Try to evenly pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn. Toss the popcorn to thoroughly coat it with the white chocolate mixture.
- Step 5. Sprinkle the crushed Oreos over the popcorn. Toss the popcorn again until the Oreos are mixed well into the popcorn mixture.
- Step 6. Allow to set. Let the popcorn sit at room temperature until the white chocolate hardens. Then break the popcorn into pieces. Don’t rush this step as it needs to harden and set completely.
How to store cookies and cream popcorn:
You can store the leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container or bag for up to 1 week.
Make sure the mixture has completely set and the chocolate has hardened before storing. It will be a mess if you do not wait.
Tips for cookies and cream popcorn
- Popcorn. I used microwave popcorn for this recipe, but you can definitely use whichever is your favorite. You can use store bought, air popped or anything you like.
- Remove any uppopped kernels. Make sure to pick out any kernels that did not pop. You do not want to hurt anyone’s teeth once it is coated in chocolate.
- Give the mixture time to set. The chocolate needs time to harden before breaking into pieces. Otherwise, it will be a sticky mess and hard to manage.
- Party Favors and gifts. This popcorn makes a great gift for favors or to hand out to friends and neighbors. Place inside a cellophane bag and tie securely.
- Crush the cookies. We used a food processor to make it really quick and easy. However, if you do not have one, you can use a ziplock bag and rolling pin. Seal the bag securely and crush the cookies with the rolling pin.
- Melt the chocolate in intervals. The chocolate needs to be melted in 20 second intervals. This will help to prevent it from burning. Make sure to stir between each interval.
Oreo Popcorn Variation Ideas
- Oreo Cookies. Try the vanilla Oreos Cookies or any variety you like. Birthday Cake, peanut butter and others would be tasty. You can use any type of Oreo you prefer and it will be amazing.
- Add ins. Mix in the mini Oreos right before serving, You can also add chopped nuts or pretzel pieces. The kids like when we add candy such as M&M’s.
- Topping. Drizzle melted milk chocolate over the top of the popcorn. This will look pretty with the white chocolate.
- Coating. Try using candy melts or almond bark to coat the popcorn in. You can use different colors candy melts to make this festive for holidays and parties.
The recipe is amazing as is. However, these ideas are definitely yummy and add to the treat.
This recipe is so easy to adapt and make your own. Let the kids help and have a blast. It is so easy and anyone can make this.
Oreo Cookie Popcorn is the best snack.
Our entire family loves Oreo cookies and agrees it is fabulous with this popcorn mixture. The blend of white chocolate and popcorn turn into something amazing.
We have made this for parties, movie night or just an after school snack. With so few ingredients, it is really easy to make without much work.
Make this today and see why everyone raves about it.
Print the recipe for Oreo Popcorn below:
- 10 cups Popped Popcorn
- 1 bag White Chocolate Chips 11.5 oz bag
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 12 Oreo Cookies crushed
- Pop approximately 10 cups of popcorn and place it on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. You will likely need 2 baking sheets.
- Crush the Oreos in a food processor blender.
- Place the white chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals in the microwave, stirring after heat interval, until melted and combined.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn. Toss the popcorn to thoroughly coat it with the white chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle the crushed Oreos over the popcorn and toss the popcorn again until the Oreos are mixed well into the popcorn mixture.
- Let the popcorn sit at room temperature until the white chocolate hardens. Then break the popcorn into pieces and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More flavored popcorn recipes:
- Pink Popcorn Recipe
- Puppy Chow Popcorn Recipe
- Homemade Oreos Cookie
- Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn
- Snickers Popcorn Recipe