Valentines Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels make a tasty bite size treat. Valentine pretzels are super easy and the sweet and salty combination is sure to be a hit.
Valentines Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels:
I love to make homemade treats for my family on Valentine’s Day. It is so easy and tastes better than anything store bought. Making our favorite treats at home allows me to save money.
This recipe for Valentines Day pretzels does not disappoint. Not only is it so easy but it looks festive and tastes delicious. Since this sweet and salty treat only requires a few ingredients, we make them for all the holidays.
For even more tips, learn how to make Chocolate Covered Pretzels with only 2 ingredients. Chocolate Covered Pretzels are perfect any day of the year. My kids love to help decorate.
Can I use other types of Pretzels?
We love using the pretzel twist to make these treats. But you can also dip pretzel rods into the melted chocolate or the mini pretzel sticks. Use what you have or you can find at the store.
These heart shaped treat are always a family favorite.
Valentine Pretzel Ingredients:
- Miniature Pretzel Twists
- White Candy Melts
- Pink Candy Melts
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkles
How to Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels for Valentines Day:
- Step 1 – Add candy melts to bowl – Place the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Use 2 different bowls so that the colors do not mix together.
- Step 2 – Melt Chocolate – Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each interval until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Step 3 – Dip Pretzels – Dip the pretzels into the melted chocolate. Just dip the top portion of the pretzel.
- Step 4 – Remove excess chocolate – Tap the pretzels on the side of the bowl. Do this until all of the excess chocolate is removed from the pretzel. Place the pretzels on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Step 5 – Decorate Pretzels – Decorate the pretzels with the sprinkles before the candy melts can harden. Heart sprinkles are also fun.
- Step 6 – Rest Pretzels – Let the pretzels sit until dry. This will take approximately 1 hour at room temperature or 30 minutes in a refrigerator.
- Step 7 – Serve and enjoy – Serve, or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Should I Refrigerate Chocolate Covered Pretzels?
The pretzels should be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. It is not necessary to store these in the fridge. However, if it is warmer where you live, this is an option.
How far in Advance can you Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels?
The pretzels typically stay fresh up to 3 weeks. If you are making these for a party, you can easily make these in advance to save time.
Tips for Valentine Chocolate Covered Pretzels:
- Make sure the chocolate or candy melts are completely melted before dipping the pretzels.
- If the melted candy or chocolate is not smooth, add about ½ tsp of vegetable oil. This makes it more smooth as it will coat the pretzels better.
- Make sure that you do not overheat the chocolate or candy melts. This will make it difficult to spread so watch it closely while melting. You definitely want to make sure to do 30 second intervals. Feel free to also use a double boiler.
- Use the melted chocolate or candy melts immediately. It will harden back so be ready to dip the pretzels once it has been melted.
- When dipping the pretzels in the chocolate, I recommend using a fork. Then tapping it gently on the side of the bowl. The excess chocolate will run off through the prongs on the fork so it works better than a spoon.
- Cover your cookie sheet in foil to allow the pretzels to dry. You can also use wax paper or parchment paper as well.
- Allowed a few minutes ( approximately 15 minutes) before drizzling with the other colors. This make sure that they do not mix together on the pretzels.
- Make sure that the pretzels are completely dried before moving for storage.
- Change Chocolate – Try different types of chocolate: dark chocolate , milk chocolate, white chocolate and more.
- Add Sprinkles – Top with your favorite sprinkles. This is perfect for special occasions or holidays.
- Change Pretzels – Use other types of pretzel: pretzel rod, pretzel twist or whatever you have.
- Crushed Candy – Use crushed candy or cookies to top the pretzels with. This is a great way to use up things from your pantry. Some of our favorites include: m&ms, Oreo cookies, butterfingers, nutter butter cookies and more.
- Chocolate Chips – Top the decorated pretzel treats with chocolate chips.
How to Store:
These chocolate covered pretzels can easily be stored at room temperature. Place in an air tight container and they will last about 2 weeks.
Print Recipe for Valentines Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels:
Valentines day chocolate covered pretzels
- Place the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Use 2 different bowls so that the colors do not mix together.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each interval until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Dip the pretzels into the melted chocolate. Just dip the top portion of the pretzel. Tap the pretzels on the side of the bowl until all of the excess chocolate is removed from the pretzel.
- Place the pretzels on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Decorate the pretzels with the sprinkles before the candy melts can harden.
- Let the pretzels sit until dry. This will take approximately 1 hour at room temperature or 30 minutes in a refrigerator.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Valentine’s Day Sprinkles – https://amzn.to/2JUm4NH
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other Easy Valentines Day Desserts:
- Valentine’s Day Cake Mix Cookies
- Valentine’s Day Treat Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- Kid Friendly Cotton Candy Drink Recipe
- Valentine’s Day Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Valentines Day Cake Balls Recipe