Witch Hat Cookies are the perfect no bake treat and they are a blast to make. Halloween witch hat cookies make the cutest treat for parties and more with very little work.
Do you need a really simple but festive treat for Halloween? These witch hat cookies are no bake and super easy. In fact, they are so easy that the kids can help. It only requires 4 items to make these witch cookies come alive.
We love making Easy Halloween Treats during the month of October. If you love these Witch Hat Cookies as much we do make these other Halloween treats. Halloween Dirt Cups, Halloween Puppy Chow and Halloween Cake Pops make the perfect Halloween treat.
See more Halloween Cookie Recipes.
Table of Contents
Why We Love these Witch Hat Cookies:
We love that you only need simple supplies to make these witch hat cookies. You can use a variety of cookies, chocolate topping and candy to make these fun festive cookies.
Hat cookies are an easy treat to take to any Halloween party.
Ingredients for Halloween Witch Hat Cookies:
- Fudge Stripe Cookies
- Chocolate Kisses, Unwrapped
- Candy Corn
- Green Decorating Icing
Make sure to check out the full recipe and notes with our recipe card.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Change the Icing – You can use any color icing or make your own icing. We just used store bought icing to keep it simple but you do what works for you.
- Candy Melts – You can also frost the cookie with frosting or melt candy melts. Add gel food coloring to the candy melts or frosting in a small bowl to add fun colors.
- Use Different Candy – M&Ms or red hots work great for the buckle on the hat as well. You can also use Hug Kisses instead of the milk chocolate ones.
- Use Different Cookies – Oreos or chocolate cream cookies that work great for these cookies. Peanut Butter cookies work great also.
- Chocolate Chips – We also have used chocolate chips instead of the candy corn on the cookie.
- Peanut Butter – Top your fudge stripped cookie with peanut butter then place your kiss on the peanut butter for a fun look.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Take Cookie and place face down – Place the fudge strip cookies upside down so that the chocolate part is facing up.
- Step 2 – Circle the top of cookie with icing – With the pre-made frosting, place a circle around the center the cookie. Make sure the frosting is at room temperature.
- Step 2 – Place Kiss on top of Cookie and icing – Press the chocolate kiss candy onto the middle of the icing. Allow the icing to seep out of the sides of the Hershey kiss to give the appearance of a hat brim.
- Step 3 – Cut Candy Corn – Cut off the yellow each of each candy corn.
- Step 4 – Add Gold Candy to Icing – Place theme on the center the of the rim to create the buckle on the hat.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Place on a cookie platter lined with parchment paper, serve and enjoy.
- Room Temperature Frosting – Make sure the frosting is at room temperature before beginning. This helps to decorate the cookies easily.
- Serving – If serving on a cookie platter, we recommend to keep the cookies covered with a plastic wrap.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store in a airtight container at room temperature. We like to keep in a fun holiday cookie jar to keep the cookies fresh. These fun Halloween cookies don’t last long in my house, but I would try to share and eat them in about a week.
Yes, you can make homemade cookies for scratch. We like to make these Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe. These chocolate chip cookies turn out perfect for these witch hat cookies.
More Halloween Treat Recipes:
- Jack-O-Lantern Cupcakes
- Spider Brownies Recipe
- Mummy Cake Pops
- Halloween Chocolate Covered Oreos Recipe
- Easy Halloween Spider Cookies
If you make these Witch Hat Cookies that you let us know by leaving a comment or a star review.
Witch hat cookies
- 24 Fudge Stripe Cookies
- 24 Chocolate Kisses Unwrapped
- 24 Pieces Candy Corn
- 4 oz Green Decorating Icing
- Place the fudge strip cookies upside down so that the chocolate part is facing up.
- With the pre-made frosting, place a circle around the center the cookie.
- Press the chocolate kiss candy onto the middle of the icing. Allow the icing to seep out of the sides of the Hershey kiss to give the appearance of a hat brim.
- Cut off the yellow each of each candy corn and place theme on the center the of the rim to create the buckle on the hat.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can use any color icing or make your own icing. Also, M&Ms or red hots work great for the buckle on the hat as well!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe