Honey Butter Popcorn is a delicious blend of sweet and salty. This honey popcorn is easy to make and only requires 4 ingredients.
What is honey butter popcorn?
Honey Butter Popcorn starts with freshly popped popcorn. Then a tasty blend of melted butter and honey get drizzled all over the popcorn.
There isn’t any baking involved with this homemade popcorn recipe. The topping is simply drizzled all over this popcorn and served! It is that simple.
It sounds very simple but the flavor is the best. You are going to really enjoy it.
Why we love this recipe:
- You only need 4 ingredients. The entire recipe is very simple.
- Budget friendly. As grocery prices soar and packaged snacks become more expensive, this recipe is frugal.
- Delicious flavor. The combination of butter, honey and vanilla blend into the popcorn for a great treat.
- Popped Popcorn (approximately 3 bags)
How to make honey butter popcorn
- Step 1. Get out a large bowl. Place the popcorn in a large bowl and then set aside. Make sure to remove any unpopped kernels.
- Step 2. Combine the butter and honey on the stove top. Melt the butter and honey in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Stir until it’s completely melted together.
- Step 3. Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla. Combine thoroughly so the vanilla is mixed well with the butter.
- Step 4. Coat the popcorn. Pour the hot mixture evenly over the popcorn and stir to coat the popcorn in the mixture. Use large spoons to make sure it’s all evenly coated. You want all of the popcorn to be generously coated in the mixture.
- Step 5. Enjoy this movie night snack. Serve warm and enjoy!
How to store:
This is best served warm and fresh but you can store the leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature. It will last up to 5 days.
The texture may change slightly when not eaten fresh.
- Popcorn. Feel free to use microwave popcorn, stove top, air popped or even store bought popcorn. Any of these options will work for this recipe.
- Remove any kernels. Make sure to remove any unpopped popcorn kernels from the popcorn. You will need to do this before you pour the honey butter mixture over the popcorn.
- Butter. You can use unsalted or plain butter depending on your preference. If you love the combination of salty and sweet, I would use salted butter.
- Serve warm. This recipe is best served warm. We suggest serving it right away once you make it.
- Cinnamon. Change the flavor slightly by adding 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the butter and honey mixture. The hint of cinnamon is delicious.
- Honey. Use a good quality honey. Since there are so few ingredients in this recipe, you will taste the different in the final product.
Make this easy Honey Butter Popcorn Recipe.
It is so simple to make and tastes absolutely delicious. Each bite is sweet and salty for a great snack.
Make a batch for movie night or for an easy after school snack. Everyone will love this popcorn. It is perfect for parties for an inexpensive way to feed a crowd.
You can’t go wrong with this tasty and easy recipe for yummy Honey Butter Popcorn. Anyone can make this in minutes. It is very simple and takes very little time or prep work.
Print recipe for Honey Butter Popcorn below:
Honey Butter Popcorn
- 9 cups Popped Popcorn approximately 3 bags
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl and then set aside.
- Melt the butter and honey in a saucepan over medium high heat. Stir until it’s completely melted together. Remove from heat and then stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the hot mixture evenly over the popcorn and stir to coat the popcorn in the mixture. Use large spoons to make sure it’s all evenly coated.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More flavored popcorn recipes:
- Pink Popcorn
- Candy Cane Popcorn Recipe
- Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn
- Snickers Popcorn Recipe
- Puppy Chow Popcorn Recipe