Pink Popcorn is a blast to make, so tasty and the best sweet treat. Enjoy it for movie night, baby showers or just because. With minimum ingredients, it is a breeze to whip up.
Pink Popcorn Recipe
This is the easiest recipe but results in the best snack. We are going to show you how to turn regular popped corn into luscious pink popcorn. This vanilla flavored and pink colored popcorn is fabulous. This is one of our favorite pink desserts, but we also love Pink Champagne Cupcakes and Pink Velvet Cupcakes.
It starts with plain popcorn but transforms into a gorgeous and flavorful treat. This recipe is budget friendly, easy to make and super tasty.
Friends and family will enjoy this perfectly sweet and salty treat any day of the week. It is going to be a hit.
What is pink popcorn made of?
Pink Popcorn starts with regular popped corn. You can use an air popper, microwave popcorn or even store bought. We prefer using air popped popcorn but you can use what you like.
Then a delicious mixture of sugar, milk, corn syrup and other ingredients combine into a creamy blend. Pink food coloring gives the popcorn the gorgeous pink hue.
The popcorn is coated in this and it makes it so sweet and delicious. The flavor reminds me of birthday cake.
- Popped Popcorn
- Granulated Sugar
- Whole Milk
- Light Corn Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Pink Food Coloring
How to make pink popcorn:
- Step 1. Prepare the pan. Place parchment paper on 2 large baking sheet.
- Step 2. Put popcorn in bowls. Place the popcorn in 1 or 2 large bowls depending on the size of your bowls.
- Step 3. Combine the mixture. Heat the sugar, milk, corn syrup and salt in a saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk and stir constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Step 4. Heat the mixture. Heat the mixture until it’s approximately 230 degrees F. Check the temperature of the mixture with a candy thermometer.
- Step 5. Remove from heat. Then remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and pink food coloring.
- Step 6. Coat the popcorn. Pour the sugar mixture over the popcorn and stir until the popcorn is evenly coated with the corn syrup mixture.
- Step 7. Allow to set. Spread the popcorn onto the baking sheets. Let the popcorn sit at room temperature until it’s dry and set.
- Step 8. Serve and enjoy. Then the popcorn is ready to serve and enjoy!
How to store pink popcorn:
Store the leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
How should I pop my popcorn?
You can use the method you prefer to pop the popcorn. It just needs to be plain, unsalted and unbuttered popcorn.
The popcorn can be be cooked in a popcorn maker, air popper, stove top, microwave or anything you prefer. You can even buy popcorn already popped at the grocery store.
- Popcorn Kernels. Remove any kernels that are un popped prior to coating in the mixture. You do not want any kernels that might hurt someone’s teeth.
- Medium Heat. Cook the mixture over medium heat to ensure that you do not burn it.
- Allow to set. The popcorn needs to completely set before storing. Otherwise, it will be a sticky mess.
- Prepare the pans. Line the baking sheets with parchment paper to make clean up a breeze. You will regret skipping this step if you don’t line the pans.
- Extract. We used vanilla and it is so yummy. Feel free to try other flavors such as coconut, strawberry or anything you prefer.
- Candy thermometer. It is important to use a candy thermometer to ensure the mixture reaches 230 degrees. Using a thermometer will ensure accuracy in the cooking process.
Can I make other colors?
Yes, you can use any color you prefer. We have used red food coloring for Valentine’s Day and it was gorgeous.
This is easy to change the color for birthdays, holidays and more. You can easily coordinate the popcorn color to the theme.
I think it would be fun to try different colors. Once dry, mix them together. You can add them to cellophane bags and hand out for treats and party favors.
Pink Popcorn is delicious.
It is a delicious snack that takes very little time to prepare and isn’t expensive at all. We love it for special occasions but it is easy enough to make for family movie night.
Print the recipe for Pink popcorn below:
- Place parchment paper on 2 large baking sheet. Place the popcorn in 1 or 2 large bowls depending on the size of your bowls.
- Heat the sugar, milk, corn syrup and salt in a saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk and stir constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Heat the mixture until it’s approximately 230 degrees F. Check the temperature of the mixture with a candy thermometer. Then remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and pink food coloring.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the popcorn and stir until the popcorn is evenly coated with the corn syrup mixture. Spread the popcorn onto the baking sheets. Let the popcorn sit at room temperature until it’s dry and set.
- Then the popcorn is ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More pink desserts:
More flavored popcorn recipes:
- Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn
- Honey Butter Popcorn Recipe
- Snickers Popcorn Recipe
- Candy Cane Popcorn Recipe
- Puppy Chow Popcorn Recipe