Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups are made with sugar cookies and a rich fudge mixture. Each cup is adorned with a candy cane handle and topped with sprinkles.
This is the cutest Christmas dessert and a blast to make. Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups make a great treat for Christmas parties. The entire treat is super easy but looks adorable.
Table of Contents
Why we love this recipe:
- Premade cookie dough. This recipe is effortless because it uses store bought dough.
- Adorable treats. This festive treat is perfect for movie night and parties.
- Sweet and Delicious. It is the perfect blend of flavors.
- Premade Sugar Cookie Dough (Ready to Bake)
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Mini Marshmallow Bits
- Mini Candy Canes
- White Chocolate Chips
- Christmas Sprinkles
Skip to the bottom to find the complete ingredient list.
- Pretzel pieces can also be used for a cup handle.
- Substitute ready to eat pudding cups or instant pudding for the chocolate filling.
- Combine hot cocoa mix with whipped cream for another option for the filling.
- Brownies make another great option for the cookie cups.
- If you are serving these for a winter themed party in January instead of Christmas, swap out the sprinkles. Blue and white snowflake sprinkles would be cute.
- Insert a peppermint stick into the top of each cookie cup to look like a straw. Just break the peppermint into the size you need.
How to make hot chocolate cookie cups:
Step 1. Preheat the oven. Then place approximately 1 tablespoon of the sugar cookie dough into the muffin tins. Use your fingers to gently press the cookie dough up and along the sides of the muffin tins to make a cup shape. Bake and allow to cool.
Step 2. Melt the chocolate together with the sweetened condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is melted. Finally, add the vanilla extract.
Step 3. Place the fudge mixture into a piping bag or ziplock bag with a corner removed.
Step 4. Next, pipe the fudge mixture into the cookies. Top immediately with the mini marshmallow bits and Christmas sprinkles before the fudge sets.
Step 5. Form the handles. Cut the rounded portion off the candy canes.
Step 6. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave.
Step 7. Use the melted white chocolate to help candy canes stick to the side of the cup for the cup handle. Make sure to hold the candy canes to the cookies for 1-2 minutes while the chocolate sets.
Step 8. Allow to set and enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is very simple to make the cookie cups. The cookies are baked in a mini muffin tin. This is the perfect size for the cookie cups.
Each tin will have about a tablespoon of dough inside. Gently press the dough down and up the sides to form the cup shape.
Do not worry if the cookies overflow. Simply use a round cookie cutter or knife to gently cut down the edges.
- Make sure to use marshmallow bits, not mini jet puffed marshmallows. These can generally be found next to the hot chocolate. These are crunchy and not soft like traditional miniature marshmallow.
- Assemble the cookies right before serving. Refrigerate any leftover cookies up to 1 week.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before removing from the muffin tin then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- The sprinkles and marshmallow bits need to be added before the fudge center sets. This will help them to adhere to each cup.
More hot chocolate desserts:
- Hot chocolate fudge
- Easy Hot Chocolate Ice Cream
- Hot Chocolate Puppy Chow
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick Recipe
- Easy Hot Chocolate Dip
I can’t wait for you to try these hot chocolate cup cookies. Please come back and leave a comment and star recipe rating.
Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the sugar cookie dough into 24 greased mini muffin tins. Use your fingers to gently press the cookie dough up and along the sides of the muffin tins to make a cup shape.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Then allow the cookies to cool completely (10-15 minutes) before removing them from the muffin tins.
- Place the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is melted. Then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Place the fudge mixture into a piping bag or a ziplock bag with a corner removed. Then pipe the fudge mixture into the cookies. Top immediately with the mini marshmallow bits and Christmas sprinkles before the fudge sets.
- Cut the rounded part off of each candy cane. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave. Use the melted white chocolate to adhere the rounded parts of the candy canes to the side of each of the cookies for the cup handle (make sure to hold the candy canes to the cookies for 1-2 minutes while the chocolate sets).
- Let the cookies set and then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe