Strawberry pretzel dessert recipe is the perfect combination of salty and sweet. The creamy filling is so decadent and the strawberry topping is sweet and delicious.
Strawberry pretzel dessert recipe
This layered dessert is so delicious and very simple to make. I love to make it a day ahead and just grab it from the fridge for everyone to enjoy. Strawberry Pretzel dessert recipe is one of my go to recipes to bring to potlucks, cookouts and more.
If you love strawberry pie, you will love this easy to make recipe. Lots of fresh strawberries make this the perfect Summer dessert and the pretzel crust is unforgettable!
When you get a bite of the salty sweet crust, creamy filling and strawberries all together, you will know why this is a hit. This recipe never gets old and everyone loves it.
It’s not just the perfect dessert for your next BBQ but also really pretty for bridal luncheons and more. It looks amazing and the squares are perfect for serving.
What’s in Strawberry Pretzel Salad?
The pretzel crust is perfect with the salty and sweet combination. The middle layer is so creamy and decadent with the cream cheese mixture.
The top is so amazing with fresh strawberries blended into a gelatin layer. Yum!
This all combines for 3 layers of an amazing dessert. It is really so creamy and delicious! Plus, so easy to make.
This strawberry pretzel jello dessert is best prepared in a 9×13 baking dish.
I use the disposable pans for the ones I’m taking to a cookout or if I’m transporting the dessert. This strawberry pretzel dessert is also perfect to take to potluck dinners or to someone recovering from surgery or with a new baby.
It’s nice to just be able to toss the dish. Plus, they don’t have to worry about trying to get it back to you.
Strawberry pretzel jello dessert ingredients:
- crushed pretzels
- butter melted
- cream cheese softened
- Cool Whip defrosted
- Strawberry Jell-O
- boiling water
- sliced strawberries
How to make strawberry pretzel dessert
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine crushed pretzels, sugar and butter in a bowl and press into the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Bake 10 minutes and cool completely.
In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar with a hand mixer on medium until fluffy. Gently fold in Cool Whip. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cooled crust and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Next, use a large mixing bowl and combine Jell-O and boiling water until jello is dissolved. Allow mixture to sit at room temperature until completely cooled.
Place sliced strawberries over the cream cheese mixture. Pour cooled Jell-O over top.
Refrigerate until firmly set at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
It is that easy to make strawberry pretzel dessert!
Tips for the Best Jello Pretzel Salad
- Allow the pretzel crust to cool completely before putting the cream cheese mixture. Don’t rush!
- Once the cream cheese mixture is on the crust, it is important to refrigerate for at least 1 hour!
- After you make the jello, let the mixture cool before pouring the next layer.
- The dessert needs time to set. Don’t try cutting it early or you will have a mess and will not get the pretty squares.
- While we love homemade whipped cream, you need to use cool whip in this recipe. You need something stable to mix into the cream cheese and keep that layer together.
- This recipe is really best made a day ahead! I love this because it makes it even easier if you are taking it to an event. Just grab and go!
Give this strawberry pretzel dessert a try!
Our entire family loves this dessert and it is not hard at all to make. The layers are really very simple to make. The key really is just allowing each layer to cool completely before adding the next one.
I like to make it the night before I actually need the dessert. It gives the dessert plenty of time to settle and I think it also enhances the flavor.
This strawberry dessert is also very frugal to make and not expensive. It just is an all around great recipe to make!
I hope you try this classic recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. It is sure to be a hit with your friends and family!
Print this strawberry pretzel dessert recipe below:
Strawberry pretzel dessert recipe is the perfect combination of salty and sweet. The creamy filling is so decadent and the strawberry topping is delicious.
- Pretzel Crust:
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Creamy Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz Cool Whip defrosted
- Strawberry Topping
- 6 oz Strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine crushed pretzels, sugar and butter in a bowl and press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake 10 minutes and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar with a hand mixer on medium until fluffy. Gently fold in Cool Whip. Spread mixture evenly over the cooled crust and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Large mixing bowl combine Jell-O and boiling until jello is dissolved. Allow mixture to sit at room temperature until completely cooled.
- Place sliced strawberries over the cream cheese mixture. Pour cooled Jell-O overtop.
- Refrigerate until firmly set at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
Try these other easy desserts:
- Lemon squares recipe
- Homemade Peanut Brittle Recipe
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Microwave Fudge Recipe
- Saltine Cracker Toffee
- 3 Ingredient Snicker Apple Salad Recipe
- Easy Red Velvet Cookies
- Quick and Easy Rolo Pretzels
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Quick and Easy Cake Ball Recipe
- Homemade Brownie Recipe
- Oreo Magic Bars Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats
Try these other easy strawberry recipes:
- 2 Ingredient Strawberry Angel Food Cake
- 3 ingredient Strawberry Icebox Cake Recipe
- Strawberry Pinch Cookies
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake in a jar
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies