Football Oreo Balls are the perfect treat for Game Day. With only 4 ingredients, these football shaped oreo truffles are easy to make. This festive Game Day snack is easy to decorate and so delicious.
These football shaped oreo balls are so adorable and tastes amazing. If you love classic Oreo Balls Recipe, this is a must try.
No Bake Desserts are so easy and therefore take very little time to make. Game Day is the perfect excuse to make delicious desserts!
Table of Contents
What are Football Oreo Balls?
They are Oreo Truffles shaped into a football. Next, they are dipped in chocolate. Finally, each one is topped with melted white chocolate lines to complete the look.
- Cream Cheese
- Oreo Cookies
- Chocolate Dipping Chips
- White Chocolate
Scroll to the bottom and you will find the complete ingredient list in the recipe card.
- Chocolate. Feel free to use milk chocolate, semi sweet or dark choc chocolate. Just use a good quality chocolate for best results.
- Oreo Cookies. Swap the plain Oreo cookies for any flavor you desire. Just make sure they are not double stuffed.
How to make Football Shaped Oreo Truffles
Step 1 – Finely crush Oreos in a food processor.
Step 2 – Next, combine cream cheese that is softened and crushed cookies until well blended.
Step 3 – Form mixture into 1″ balls.
Step 4 – Then shape into an oval football shape. Place on the baking sheet. Next, melt semi sweet Chocolate and dip in melted chocolate completely.
Step 5 – Shake off excess chocolate. Then return to the wax paper lined tray.
Step 6 – Melt the white chocolate until melted. Finally, draw the lines of the truffles with the white melted chocolate to look like football laces. It is easiest to use a piping bag.
Tips and Tricks
- Regular Oreo Cookies. Do not use double stuffed cookies as this will have too much cream filling.
- Melt the chocolate slowly. It is important to melt the chocolate in intervals. Furthermore, this will help the chocolate to melt evenly and not burn.
- Refrigerate before dipping. I like to chill the Oreo balls before dipping into chocolate. Afterward, it makes it easier and smoother to dip. However, don’t chill for longer than 30 minutes because the balls might crack once coated.
- Crush the cookies. If you do not have a food processor, you can use a ziplock bag and seal. Additionally, crush with the back of a spoon or rolling pin.
- Pipe the football design. Use a piping bag or ziploc bag to pipe the stripes.
Refrigerate until ready to use inside an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can freeze Oreo Balls and it is so easy. Although make sure they are completely set before you place inside a freezer container. Lastly, freeze up to 2 to 3 months.
Likewise, this is an excellent time saver during busy seasons. Therefore, learn more tips to freeze Oreo Balls.
This is often a result of using double stuffed Oreo cookies. The excess filling will make the mixture sticky and the truffles will not have the desired outcome.
More Easy Football Themed Desserts:
- Football Brownies
- Easy Football Cupcakes
- Football Sugar Cookies
- The Best Football Chocolate Covered Strawberries
I can’t wait for you to make these for Game Day! Please make sure to leave a comment once you do and star recipe rating.
Football Oreo Balls
- 8 oz softened Cream Cheese
- 14.5 oz Oreo Cookies
- 14 oz Chocolate Dipping Chips
- 4 oz White Chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Finely crush Oreos in a food processor.
- Combine cream cheese and crushed cookies until well blended.
- Form mixture into 1″ balls and shape into an oval football shape. Place on the baking sheet. Continue until all the Oreo mixture is used.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat chocolate by microwaving for 1 minute stirring and repeating until melted.
- Using a fork, dip each ball into chocolate to completely coat. Shake off excess and return to the tray.
- Allow the chocolate to harden
- Melt the white chocolate until melted. Add into a piping bag with a small tip. Draw the lines of the truffles with the white melted chocolate to look like football laces.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set and then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe