Peanut Butter Snowballs have a luscious peanut butter filling, and they are topped with white chocolate and sprinkles. With only 5 ingredients, this treat is so easy to make.
This recipe for Peanut Butter Snowballs is ideal for peanut butter lovers. As a busy mom of 8 kids, I love recipes with only 5 ingredients.
If you love Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls, you will love this twist on a classic recipe.
Table of contents
Why you will love this recipe
- Just 5 ingredients. The recipe is super easy.
- No Bake Christmas Treat. You don’t even have to turn on your oven.
- Absolutely Delicious. This dessert is so rich and creamy.
- Creamy peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
- White Chocolate Candy Coating (or Almond Bark)
- Christmas Sprinkles
Substitutions and Variations
- Almond Bark. You can substitute this for white chocolate candy coating.
- Sprinkles. Swap out the holiday sprinkles for any occasion to enjoy year round.
- Chocolate Coating. Substitute white chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips for the coating.
- Topping. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top of each holiday treat.
How to make Peanut Butter Snowballs:
Step 1. Combine the sugar, peanut butter and butter in a large bowl.
Step 2. Mix together until a dough is formed.
Step 3. Form the peanut butter mixture into 1 inch size balls. Place each ball on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Then place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Step 4. Melt candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in 30 second increments and stir. Keep microwaving in intervals until completely melted.
Step 5. Then dip balls in the melted chocolate using a fork. Place on the baking sheet.
Step 6. Top with sprinkles. Allow to chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
Tips for the Best Peanut Butter Snowballs Recipe
- Regular peanut butter. I do not suggest natural peanut butter in this recipe. Regular peanut butter is recommended for best results.
- Use a small cookie scoop. The balls are easier to form if you use a cookie scoop. They will also be uniform.
- The perfect consistency. If the dough is falling apart, try adding more peanut butter. This is often the result of it being too dry so don’t add more powdered sugar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Place the balls inside an airtight container for up to 5-7 days in the refrigerator. I do not suggest leaving them at room temperature. Make sure they are completely dry before storing.
Not only will the balls be easier to dip but the coating will harden faster.
Try More No Bake Peanut Butter Treats:
- No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Go ahead and try this decadent recipe. Then leave a star recipe rating and comment.
Peanut Butter Snowballs
- 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Pound White Chocolate Candy Coating or Almond Bark
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
- Stir together the peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar until a dough is formed.
- Form the mixture into approximately 1 inch size balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Place the candy coating in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until fully melted.
- Dip the peanut butter balls in the melted mixture and place on the baking sheet.
- Top with the sprinkles and then refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe