Chocolate peanut butter fudge is so easy in the microwave and has only 5 ingredients. This luscious dessert is creamy and delicious for a great treat.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge:
I love simple desserts that turn out amazing. This 5 ingredient recipe for Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter fudge is definitely easy and delicious. The ingredients are melted in the microwave to make this cream peanut butter fudge.
It is not hard at all to make and the microwave makes it even easier. Fudge in the microwave is our favorite way to make fudge.
Peanut Butter chocolate Fudge Recipe is the perfect fudge for all your holiday parties. Top with with chocolate chips and peanuts for an amazing flavor fudge.
Easy Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge:
Fudge is a staple dessert for us to make for the holidays. We love this recipe because it only require a few ingredients and can be melted in the microwave. That means no baking is required.
When I need a quick and easy dessert for a last minute gathering, this peanut butter fudge is the one I make. I like to have these simple ingredients stocked in my pantry for an easy dessert.
This smooth and creamy dessert is perfect for cookie trays or gifts for neighbors and friends.
Ingredients you need:
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Peanuts and Chocolate Chips (for topping) – Optional but so tasty
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge:
- Melt Chocolate Chips – Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish. Microwave the chips in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until they are melted.
- Add Peanut Butter Mixture – Stir in the condensed milk and combine the peanut butter and stir until smooth.
- Prepare Baking Dish – Line an 8X8 baking dish with foil or parchment paper. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and top with the chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Cool, Serve and Enjoy – Allow to cool at room temperature and then place in the refrigerator to set (for approximately 1 hour). Cut and serve.
How to Cut Fudge:
When preparing to serve your fudge, we recommend following these steps to cut your fudge properly.
- Remove Fudge – When we are ready to cut fudge, I like to remove from the pan. If you lined your pan with parchment, it should be easy to remove.
- Warm Knife – We like to run our knife under hot water and then dry. A warm knife makes the best cuts.
- Sharp Knife – Place fudge on a cutting board and with a sharp begin cutting the fudge the size you prefer.
- Cold Fudge – Make sure you cut the fudge when it is cold. Cold fudge cuts easily so we do not let your fudge get to room temperature.
Easy Fudge Tips:
- Line Baking Dish – Make sure to line baking dish with parchment paper for easy clean up and to remove fudge.
- Melting Chocolate – Make sure to slowly melt chocolate as your do not want it to burn. Heat in 30 second intervals and stir.
- Condensed Milk and Peanut Butter – Mix in the additional ingredients after you have melted chocolate.
- Perfect Fudge Tips – Make sure before you start making fudge, you go read our 5 Tips to make the perfect fudge recipe. If you follow these 5 basic tips, you are bound to have fudge that will keep the crowds coming back for more.
How Long Does Fudge Last?
If you have leftovers and want to store the fudge, just make sure to use an airtight container with lid. This will keep it fresh for about a week.
Microwave fudge is a great treat and stores well. You will love how easy it is.
Variations for Recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge:
- Vanilla – Chocolate peanut butter and vanilla combination makes for the best flavor fudge. It is not necessary but you can definitely add it.
- Chocolate Chips – We like to top our fudge with chocolate chips. You can use milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate.
- Peanut Butter – Peanut butter can be substituted with another type of nut butter. You can also use natural peanut butter in this recipe.
- Crunchy Peanut Butter – Use crunch peanut butter instead of creamy for a different texture in the fudge. It will not be as smooth but gives it a new flavor in the peanut butter layer.
- Add in candy – Mix in candy or add-ins to change the flavor. Mini M&M’s, Reese’s pieces, mini marshmallows and peanut butter chips would all be delicious.
- Sprinkles – Sprinkle the top of the fudge with sprinkles, nuts or candy. This is another option if you would rather have this on top instead of mixed in. Try different color sprinkles for holidays, birthday parties and special occasions during the year.
- Cut into Shapes – Use cookie cutters to cut the fudge into shapes instead of slicing into bars. You can do hearts, stars, Christmas trees or anything you like.
Can you Freeze Fudge?
Yes, you can freeze fudge. It is not hard at all. Anyone can make fudge. I do not consider myself a baker and I can make it.
For more tips and tricks, check out Can You Freeze Fudge. If you want to freeze the fudge, use a freezer container and the fudge should last up to a month.
How to Store:
However, you can store fudge in a airtight container in the refrigerator with lid to keep it fresh. I suggest putting wax paper in between the layers of fudge.
It is best stored at room temperature. The fudge will last up to 7 days at room temperature. If on a cookie tray, make sure to place plastic wrap over the top.
Print this Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge recipe below:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- 12 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- Peanuts and Chocolate Chips for topping – Optional
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish. Microwave the chips in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until they are melted.
- Stir in the condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth.
- Line an 8X8 baking dish with foil or parchment paper. Pour the mixture into the pan and top with the chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Allow to cool at room temperature and then place in the refrigerator to set (for approximately 1 hour). Cut and serve. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Chocolate Peanut Butter Desserts:
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge