Cool Whip Frosting is so light and fluffy. This easy recipe has just 4 ingredients and tastes great on baked goods.
Cool Whip Frosting Recipe
We love to use this easy frosting on cakes or cupcakes. It is so easy to make and not too sweet or heavy. This whipped cream frosting is light and fluffy.
With so few ingredients, it comes together fast and easy. This recipe is delicious.
It tastes amazing on sheet cakes, cupcakes and more. This frosting pairs nicely with a ton of recipes. If you don’t like traditional frosting that is really sweet, try this light and delicious frosting.
Since it only has 4 ingredients, the prep work is minimum for this homemade frosting. Once you see how easy and tasty it is, it will be a recipe you make often.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Cool Whip (thawed)
- Confectioners Sugar
- Cold Whole Milk
How to make cool whip frosting?
- Step 1. În a medium size mixing bowl, mix together the pudding mix, confectioner’s sugar and milk with a hand mixer until combined. This does not take long and only about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Step 2. Allow to thicken. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes until the pudding mixture thickens. It will take 3-5 minutes to thicken to the desired consistency.
- Step 3. Add the whipped topping. Then gently fold in the Cool Whip until combined. Do not use the hand mixer for this step and combine by hand.
- Step 4. Refrigerate until ready to use and enjoy! This is important as it does need to be refrigerated for the desired consistency.
How to store cool whip frosting?
Place the frosting in an airtight container. Due to the cool whip frosting ingredients, it must be stored in the fridge.
This frosting will last up to 3 days if stored properly. Just make sure to use a container that seals well.
How to freeze cool whip frosting?
Put the frosting inside a freezer container. It can be frozen up to a month. This is a great way to use leftover frosting later.
We love to do this and it freezes really well. Give it a try.
How do you make Cool Whip Frosting thicker?
The frosting will thicken as it sets and the pudding mixture activates. We recommend refrigerating for at least an hour if you plan to pipe this frosting. This will help it to hold up better.
If you still desire it to be thicker, try adding cream cheese or powdered sugar until it is the desired texture. This will change the taste but it will still be delicious.
I would add this in increments until the desired consistency and texture. This ensures that you do not add too much at a time.
- Refrigerate before piping. This frosting does not hold its shape as well as buttercream frosting does. If you plan on piping your frosting onto your dessert, refrigerate the frosting for at least 1 hour so that it will hold your piping shape.
- Do not overmix. Be careful not to over mix this frosting. It will cause the ingredients to breakdown and the frosting will not be as thick and smooth.
- Vanilla extract. You can add a splash of vanilla extract for even more flavor in this frosting recipe.
- Pudding flavor. Swap the vanilla pudding for other flavors. Some ideas include: lemon, strawberry and more. You can easily make this coolwhip frosting with other flavors of pudding mix too!
- Food Coloring. Add food coloring to make the frosting match themes and more.
- Cold Whole Milk is best. The milk should be cold and whole milk has the best results. It will turn out so much more richer and creamier.
- Thaw Cool Whip. The whipped topping should be thawed prior to using. If not, it will be hard to mix and combine into a smooth texture.
How to serve:
- Homemade Vanilla Cupcake Recipe. The simplicity of classic vanilla cupcakes taste amazing with the rich Cool Whip Frosting.
- Skinny Chocolate Cupcakes. These light chocolate cupcakes combine with whipped cream topping for a wonderful frosting.
- Strawberry Sheet Cake. The strawberry flavor is so delicious with this frosting.
- Lemon Cake. Not only is this cake gorgeous but it is so delicious with this frosting.
These are just a few of our favorites but this frosting goes with numerous cakes and cupcakes. You might have a family favorite recipe to try with this frosting.
It is so yummy. We have even scooped the frosting on top of a bowl of fresh berries. The ideas are truly endless.
Cool Whip Frosting
- 1 box Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix 3.4 oz box
- 8 oz Cool Whip thawed
- 1/4 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 3/4 cup Cold Whole Milk
- În a medium size mixing bowl, mix together the pudding mix, confectioner’s sugar and milk with a hand held mixer until combined (30 seconds to 1 minute).
- Let the mixture sit for a few minutes until the pudding mixture thickens (3-5 minutes).
- Then gently fold in the Cool Whip until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to use and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy frosting recipes:
- Peanut Butter Frosting
- Cream Cheese Glaze
- Nutella Frosting Recipe
- Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Keto Chocolate Frosting Recipe