This frosting is a delightful variation of traditional Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe. With lots of cinnamon flavor, it is wonderful on fall desserts such as Cinnamon Roll Cake and Easy Cinnamon Roll Cookies Recipe.
It is similar to Cinnamon Buttercream but made with regular cream cheese frosting. I love to bake but don’t have much time. As a busy mom, this recipe makes it simple to make homemade treats.
Table of Contents
Why you will love this recipe
- Just 5 ingredients. You only need a handful of baking staple ingredients to make homemade frosting.
- Rich and Creamy. The texture is perfect and so amazing.
- Lots of cinnamon flavor. The ground cinnamon elevates traditional cream cheese frosting.
- Cream Cheese
- Butter, softened
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
How to make Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting recipe:
Step 1. Use an electric mixer to beat together the unsalted butter and cream cheese. You can use a stand mixer or electric hand mixer. Continue to mix the softened cream cheese and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Step 2. Next, gradually add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until combined. Make sure all of the lumps are gone. Scrape down the sides with a spatula of the mixing bowl.
Step 3. Stir in the vanilla extract and cinnamon. Combine the mixture until the frosting is light and fluffy.
Step 4. Place the cream cheese icing in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
How to use this frosting:
- Cinnamon Roll Cake Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- Carrot Cake Recipe
- Easy Moist Banana Cake Recipe
- Full Fat Cream Cheese. Make sure to use full fat cream cheese in this recipe. Also, do not use the tubs. You want to use the bricks.
- Room Temperature Ingredients. The frosting will combine easier if the butter and cream cheese are softened at room temperature. It will also make the texture smoother.
- Sift the powdered sugar. If the powdered sugar is lumpy, sift it before adding to the ingredients to create a smoother texture.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your frosting is too thick, gradually add milk until it’s the consistency that you prefer. If your frosting is too thin, add in more powdered sugar until it’s the consistency that you prefer.
This frosting is best used immediately but you can refrigerate it in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Yes, this frosting needs to be refrigerated. It can stay at room temperature for 1-2 hours when serving. However, if serving outside, be careful of warmer temperatures.
More Easy Frosting Recipes
- Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Strawberry Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- Nutella Frosting Recipe
- Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
Everyone will love this delicious homemade cream cheese frosting recipe. Give it a try and leave a comment once you do!
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter with a hand held or stand up mixer until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until combined.
- Then stir in the vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mix until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Refrigerate until ready to use and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe