Learn how to make this easy No Churn Cotton Candy Ice Cream Recipe. Enjoy delicious homemade cotton candy ice cream for a summer time treat everyone will enjoy.
Cotton Candy Ice Cream Recipe:
Kids love cotton candy and they love ice cream. So, it seemed liked the perfect idea to combine these into this easy and amazing cotton candy ice cream recipe.
You don’t need an ice cream maker to make this and the entire recipe is super easy. Enjoy homemade ice cream without any fancy machines and complicated ingredients. It is so easy and really delicious.
Each bite is so sweet and tasty. It is a family favorite around here and the kids just love it! It requires on a few ingredients to make this fun and full of flavor ice cream. This recipe comes out so sweet there is no need to add in granulated sugar. If you love this, try Cotton Candy Popcorn, Cotton Candy Cake, or one of our Cotton Candy Desserts.
Easy Recipe for Cotton Candy Ice cream:
If you can toss things into a bowl and stir, you can make this homemade ice cream recipe. It is seriously that easy. Let the kids help and everyone will have a blast.
We love making homemade ice cream. There are many different ways to enjoy this no churn ice cream. But we love the fun colors of the cotton candy ice cream.
We love that this recipe doesn’t require any fancy equipment such as an ice cream machine. If your family loves cotton candy then I would make up a batch. Perfect Ice Cream to serve at a birthday party or the next your kids have friends over.
Homemade Cotton Candy Ice Cream Ingredients:
- Very Cold Heavy Whipping Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk, cold
- Cotton Candy Flavoring (I buy mine on Amazon)
- Food coloring in pink and blue, optional
That is all you need. It really is so easy to make this amazing ice cream. You won’t believe how simple it is and just a few ingredients.
How to Make Cotton Candy Ice Cream Recipe:
- Freeze Loaf Pan – Place loaf pan or container in freezer at least 30 minutes before you begin.
- Freeze Bowl and Whisk – Place bowl and whisk in freezer at least 30 minutes before you begin.
- Cold Cream and Milk – Be sure whipping cream and condensed milk are very cold.
- Beat Whipping Cream – In a large bowl or stand mixer bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Mix together milk and Candy Candy Flavoring – In a medium bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk and cotton candy flavoring until smooth.
- Add Milk Mixture – Gradually add milk mixture to whipping cream by GENTLY folding into whipped cream.
- Separate – Divide mixture into 2 separate bowls (it will be about 3 cups each).
- Color the Mixture – Color one bowl of mixture with pink and one with blue food coloring.
- Spoon into loaf pan – Remove container from freezer and drop ice cream mixture by spoonfuls into the container. It is that simple.
- Freeze – Freeze overnight. You definitely need to do this overnight to get the desired consistency.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve with cotton candy on the side if you like. This is optional but a fun way to garnish each bowl. If we are making this for a birthday party, this is so fun to do and everyone loves it.
Cotton Candy Ice Cream Tips:
- Soft Ice Cream – This homemade ice cream is soft serve and melts quicker than store bought ice cream. We recommend not leaving it out for long periods of time.
- Cotton Candy Flavoring – Cotton Candy Flavoring can be found in the baking section at most craft stores, or in the candy making area. We bought ours on Amazon.
- Add in Sprinkles – You can also add sprinkles if you like. The kids love to add sprinkles and they go crazy over this recipe. They love when we make it!
- Freeze Bowl and Beaters – I place my mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before whipping the cream to help whip it quicker.
- Sweetened condensed milk gives the ice cream base its sweetness. Do not substitute it because it will change the texture of the ice cream.
- Use Different Colors of Food Coloring – We used pink and blue food coloring, but you can use what you have.
How Long will Homemade Ice Cream Last?
This homemade ice cream doesn’t last long in my house. But if stored properly, this ice cream will last about 1 month if covered. Wrap loaf pan with plastic wrap and then foil.
We do recommend serving this ice cream within about 2 weeks of making it. Ice crystals could form on the the ice cream and change the texture.
How to Store:
Store inside an airtight container in the freezer. To ensure freshness, you might also want to put a piece of wax paper directly on top of the ice cream. Then place the lid on top.
This extra step will help to prevent ice crystals from forming on top. If you do not have a container with lid, you can freeze in the loaf pan. Just cover tightly with plastic wrap.
Print this Cotton Candy Icecream Recipe:
Cotton Candy Ice Cream recipe
- 2 cups very cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 can 14 oz sweetened condensed milk, cold
- 2 teaspoons cotton candy flavoring
- Food coloring in pink and blue optional
- Place loaf pan or container in freezer at least 30 minutes before you begin
- Place bowl and whisk in freezer at least 30 minutes before you begin
- Be sure whipping cream and condensed milk are very cold
- In a large bowl or stand mixer bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk and cotton candy flavoring until smooth
- Gradually add milk mixture to whipping cream by GENTLY folding into whipped cream
- Divide mixture into 2 separate bowls (it will be about 3 cups each)
- Color one bowl of mixture with pink and one with blue
- Remove container from freezer and drop ice cream mixture by spoonfuls into the container
- Freeze overnight
- Serve with cotton candy on the side if you like
Cotton Candy Flavoring can be found in the baking section at most craft stores, or in the candy making area.
You can also add sprinkles if you like.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe